Sign Up for Seminars from Over 600 Providers
The Conference on Leadership Development and Teambuilding
Pick a Date & Sign Up
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, team leaders, team members
- Coaching and Teambuilding Skills for Managers and Supervisors
- Excelling as a Highly Effective Team Leader
Full Seminar DescriptionIt's not likely you're a natural born leader (most of us aren't). The top leaders in today's successful businesses made the journey from manager to leader by making the most of their innate talents, plus spending time on learning the important skills they knew they needed to succeed. Motivating people, conquering setbacks, creating inspired teams -- the secrets to developing these skills and more are right here in our conference. You won't want to miss it. Fee per person: $199; $189 each for four or more.
The Conference on Leadership Development & Teambuilding
In this seminar you'll learn ...
- How to develop the leader within you
- Better ways to motivate ... inspire ... succeed!
- How to speak so others know how to follow
- Leadership mistakes you don't have to make
- And much more
It's not likely you're a natural born leader (most of us aren't). The top leaders in today's successful businesses made the journey from manager to leader by making the most of their innate talents, plus spending time on learning the important skills they knew they needed to succeed. Motivating people, conquering setbacks, creating inspired teams—the secrets to developing these skills and more are right here in our conference. You won't want to miss it.
WORKSHOP AGENDAAttend one track from start to finish. Or mix and match if you prefer. This is your conference and we want you to get everything you want out of it.
OPENING SESSION: 9:00 - 9:35 a.m.—The real-life stories behind famous teams ... how to turn obstacles into success
TRACK ONE: Taking Charge of Your Job as a Leader
Session 1: 9:50 – 10:40 a.m.
Developing the leader within you
Leaders who are able to look inside and see their true natural strengths are rare. But we all have areas in which we excel—you included! So why not use them to your advantage? In this session, you'll uncover new competencies you didn't know you possessed ... find out how to build on these inner potentials ... and boost your confidence in everything you do.
- How to acquire the skills of a "born leader"
- The amazing facts behind why some of the most successful men and women succeed
- A refreshing definition of "leadership" that boils your job down to one simple task
- 7 facts you must know before you can really lead
- How to discover and tap into your inner strengths
Session 2: 10:55 – 11:45 a.m.
30 tips for becoming an inspired leader
Being a leader is tough. You need all the help you can get. Not just long-term—but now. This fast-paced session delivers 30 rapid-fire tips for honing skills like communicating, motivating and managing your time—the essential building blocks of superior leadership. Take one tip a day, practice it and by the end of the month all 30 will be ingrained in your day-to-day life. Sample tips:
- Got a meeting tomorrow? How to use it as an opportunity to shine
- Brush up on your ability to sell your ideas—on your way home tonight
- Leaders "get it done"——how to improve in that area immediately
- What is "leadership" communication? Conduct a quick check to see if you're on track
- 3 things you can do right now to keep your best people around
Session 3: 1:00 - 1:50 p.m.
It all starts with YOU: Discover your team player style
Surprisingly, being aware of how you function on a team is an important factor in how your team functions. By being aware of your unique team player style, you can consciously bring personalities on board who build on your strengths—and shore up your weaknesses. This session is the fastest way to identify and make sense of your team behavior—how you contribute to meetings, deal with conflict, respond to stress and more—and what it means to you and your team.
- The various roles team members play: Where do you fit in?
- Recognizing the strengths and trouble spots of your unique team player style
- How to avoid team conflict by mixing and matching work styles
- Work style differences—why is this such a big deal?
- Why the best team leaders are also strong team players
Session 4: 2:05 - 2:55 p.m.
Building a team that's a reflection of you
A team is not a coincidence. It is a telling mirror image of the leader who formed it. What about your team? Does it reflect your vision? Focus? Principles? Are your employees committed, focused, driven—like you? This session will help you understand the power of influence and change you possess as a team leader to create a " reflection" you can be proud of.
- The litmus test: Would your team members encourage their colleagues to come on board?
- How your team is a reflection of you—and why that matters
- Simple things you can do every day to build a stronger team
- Good team, bad team: How you make the difference
- 5 secrets to becoming the team leader everyone wants to work for
Session 5: 3:10 - 4:00 p.m.
Leadership mistakes you don't have to make
No matter how great leaders are (or think they are), they are going to make mistakes. It's human nature. But you can learn from them—and that's the point of this session. Join us as we take an armchair look at mistakes leaders commonly make—often without even realizing it. Learn what to look out for to avoid potential missteps that can damage your relationships and erode the respect and confidence your team, upper management—everyone—has in you.
- Lessons learned from 3 poor leadership decisions that made national headlines
- 4 mistakes so common they have become "accepted leadership styles"
- Attitudes of leaders that can turn into real traps
- Confronting people and problems—how not doing this can mess up your company and your future
- 5 habits that may seem like a good idea—but can become barriers to your success later
TRACK TWO: Inspiring Teams to Achieve Challenging Goals
Session 1: 9:50 – 10:40 a.m.
Light the fire of excellence in your team
You are to be congratulated! You've formed your team, set goals and everyone's "clicked." Now you're ready to start the rewarding process of fine-tuning your team to reach the highest level of performance. We talked to countless leaders who've taken their teams to that enviably elevated position. And we've distilled their invaluable insight into a few pure and simple principles you can use to help get the results you want.
- 101 low-cost ways to motivate and reward employees (and a few more that are absolutely free!)
- How to detect when members are ready for new challenges
- How to seek and get your team's participation in shaping a new vision
- 4 key areas to focus on as you move your team forward
- The importance of a well-thought-out communication strategy in getting your team from point A to point B
Session 2: 10:55 – 11:45 a.m.
Speak so others know how to follow
Your success as a team leader is measured by your ability to lead people where they need to go. But your team must get clear direction from you ... not only in meetings, but one on one as well. Attend this session, and you'll learn refreshingly simple communication strategies that will help you sidestep damaging misinformation ... build trust ... even become a role model for those you lead.
- Communicating as a leader and as a manager are not the same ... here's insight into the important difference and how you can master both
- Practice the powerful Law of Connection that great leaders instinctively know and honor
- How to find out if your message is understood ... and if it's being acted on correctly
- Who employees really listen to in meetings and why
Session 3: 1:00 – 1:50 p.m.
Positive feedback ... the fuel of high performance
The wise leader knows that every team member needs feedback, especially when painful mistakes occur. But it's easy to overlook this powerful motivational weapon in the rush of everyday business. Here you'll learn how to provide specific, sincere feedback to prevent future errors, gain commitment and strengthen performance.
- How to tap into a motivating, multidimensional team approach to feedback
- How to turn successes and failures into "training moments"
- How to focus on the process, not the person, when giving constructive criticism
- Do's and don'ts when giving feedback that builds ... not destroys
- When to recognize individual contributions and how ... without turning off other team members
Session 4: 2:05 – 2:55 p.m.
A team approach to dealing with unacceptable behavior
Most managers have learned to use traditional disciplinary procedures to address poor performance, negative attitudes and other problem behavior. But as a team leader, you have an even more effective way to deal with unacceptable behavior ... peer pressure. It can do wonders in getting others to pull their own weight. Attend this session and explore the many appropriate ways your team can effectively handle their own "family" problems.
- How to use the team approach to eliminating unacceptable behavior and performance
- Dealing with bad attitudes and "quiet resistance" that can doom your team's effectiveness
- How to coach your team in the sensitivities of confronting each other about problems
- Why traditional disciplinary processes don't do the job in a team environment
- Should you remove a team member when others complain? Here's how to solve this serious problem
Session 5: 3:10 – 4:00 p.m.
What teams really need from their leaders
As your team moves through the stages of development to maturity, your responsibilities as a team leader will naturally change. Depending on the day and the situation, your team may need you to provide guidance, serve as a sounding board, run interference or add a little muscle to get the job done. In this session, you'll explore the many and varied tools you'll need to successfully shift from one role to another as your team requires.
- How to fulfill your team's ongoing need for direction and vision
- Your never-ending responsibility to make sure all your team's needs are met ... whatever they are
- How to develop a sixth sense about when to prod ... when to coax ... and when to do nothing at all
- What teams really need from their leaders
Sponsor Background:SkillPath's seminars, videos, books and software packages offer expert guidance on everything from how to get the most from the latest version of your favorite computer programs to how to manage people, time, projects or priorities and just about everything in between. At current count, SkillPath's curriculum includes more than 60 different seminar topics and nearly 200 book, audio and video titles.
SKILLPATH GUARANTEES RESULTS If you're not happy, SkillPath is not happy. Go back to work and apply the new techniques you learned in any of SkillPath's seminars. If you're not absolutely delighted with the results you achieve, write to them right away. They will issue you a refund or arrange for you to attend another SkillPath seminar without paying another penny. That's the SkillPath Guarantee!
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received up to five business days before the workshop are refundable, minus a registration service charge, which you may apply toward any future workshop. After that, cancellations are subject to the entire workshop fee, which you may also apply toward a future workshop. Please note that if you don’t cancel and don’t attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.