Managing Emotions and Thriving Under Pressure
PICK A DATE & SIGN UP
- SEE ALL 33 DATES »
- Aug 11 · HARRISBURG, PA
- Aug 12 · ALBANY, NY
- Aug 13 · CONCORD, NH
- Aug 14 · SPRINGFIELD, MA
- Aug 15 · WATERBURY, CT
- Aug 21 · AUSTIN, TX
- Aug 22 · ALBUQUERQUE, NM
- Sep 8 · SACRAMENTO, CA
- Sep 9 · SAN JOSE, CA
- Sep 10 · SAN FRANCISCO, CA
- Bring Seminar On-site
Did you realize emotional self control makes a difference in your performance, your relationships and your overall happiness? All of us experience moments on the job when unwanted emotions intensify -- and that's normal. It's what you do with them that can lead to problems -- at work and at home. This exciting new program will teach you an amazing, systematic process for developing 'emotional self-control.' You'll gain a tremendous amount of insight into disruptive emotions and impulses that make you feel out of control and helpless. The tools and strategies you'll learn to use will improve your performance, earn you greater respect and make your life more fulfilling and enjoyable! If you'd like to reap the rewards emotional self-control can bring to all aspects of your life, you won't want to miss this powerful workshop. Fee per person: $99; $89 each for four or more.
Leadership & Management
> Interpersonal Skills
Who Should Attend?
We Also Recommend:
Managing Emotions and Thriving Under Pressure
In this seminar you'll learn …
- How to rid your life of unproductive behaviors like procrastination, lack of organization and chronic lateness
- To stop taking setbacks personally—learn to bounce back quickly
- To manage the stress of workplace change by "going with the flow"
- How to put the power of self-discipline and healthy routines to work in your personal life
- And much more!
Did you realize emotional self control makes a difference in your performance, your relationships and your overall happiness? All of us experience moments on the job when unwanted emotions intensify—and that's normal. It's what you do with them that can lead to problems—at work and at home. This exciting new program will teach you an amazing, systematic process for developing "emotional self-control." You'll gain a tremendous amount of insight into disruptive emotions and impulses that make you feel out of control and helpless. The tools and strategies you'll learn to use will improve your performance, earn you greater respect and make your life more fulfilling and enjoyable! If you'd like to reap the rewards emotional self-control can bring to all aspects of your life, you won't want to miss this powerful workshop.
Program hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Emotions—where they come from and how they affect you
- What's your typical response to difficult people and situations? How's it working for you?
- How to conquer 4 basic emotions that affect everything you do (or don't do)
- emotional patterns that cause most of what troubles us
- How to see situations and people the way they really are—without distortion or judgments
- Stop the emotional train by detecting exactly when an intense emotion is taking over
- 5 traits every emotionally "in control" professional possesses
- The E-factor: Overcome draining emotions and regain your energy and zest for life
- Your hot buttons—4 ways to keep people from pushing yours
- What your emotions have to do with your weight
- A remarkable, 8-step process for mastering your emotions
Know how to eliminate behaviors and habits that hinder success
- How to face up to conflict, in spite of the almost irresistible urge to run away
- Wanting to change a habit isn't enough—here are 5 steps for turning your "wish" into action
- How to give yourself the most wonderful gift of all—the ability to choose your emotional response on the spot
- How to stop worry from spiraling out of control
- How even the most well-intentioned people procrastinate and what you can do about it
- The single best way to turn off negative self-talk
- How to recognize and deal with the 6 most common self-defeating behaviors
Take control of anger and other strong emotions
- Common misconceptions about anger—and how to replace them with the truth
- New, healthy ways for releasing anger
- Reinterpreting events that would normally cause you to "lose it"
- What to do immediately when you feel you're going to cry
- How and why to detect underlying causes of anger (without going to a therapist)
- How to rewire your brain and stop overreacting—for good
- How to see anger as a feeling—not an insurmountable fault
- Replacing patterns of distorted thinking with "reality thinking"
- What to do when you feel you're going to blow up
Stay positive and productive in the midst of workplace change
- The very real connection between stress and intense emotions
- Dealing with workplace changes you have no control over—the secret to "going with the flow"
- Why some people thrive on the feeling of being overwhelmed
- Evaluate the inaccurate judgments you make about yourself after a mistake—and correct them
- How to act calmly under pressure—and feel that way inside, too
- Scientifically proven ways to remove stress and the symptoms associated with it
- A new way to look at communication and how it can protect you from emotional overload
- Challenge anxious, fearful thoughts—3 guidelines that work
- 4 steps for turning "follow through" into one of your best habits
Tackle life's challenges with a new sense of discipline
- Surprisingly simple routines that will add new balance to your life
- Nourishing yourself with planned downtime and healthy sleep
- Maintaining your new emotional sanity by living the "simple life"
- How to stay on even keel—a new systems approach to managing demanding work responsibilities
- The plain and simple truth about perfectionism
- Organization's a good thing—but know when it turns into a destructive compulsion
SkillPath's seminars, videos, books and software packages offer expert guidance on everything from how to get the most from the latest version of your favorite computer programs to how to manage people, time, projects or priorities and just about everything in between. At current count, SkillPath's curriculum includes more than 60 different seminar topics and nearly 200 book, audio and video titles.
SKILLPATH GUARANTEES RESULTS If you're not happy, SkillPath is not happy. Go back to work and apply the new techniques you learned in any of SkillPath's seminars. If you're not absolutely delighted with the results you achieve, write to them right away. They will issue you a refund or arrange for you to attend another SkillPath seminar without paying another penny. That's the SkillPath Guarantee!
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received up to five business days before the workshop are refundable, minus a registration service charge, which you may apply toward any future workshop. After that, cancellations are subject to the entire workshop fee, which you may also apply toward a future workshop. Please note that if you don’t cancel and don’t attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: