The Basics of HR Law
PICK A DATE & SIGN UP
- SEE ALL 46 DATES »
- May 26 · GREEN BAY, WI
- May 27 · BROOKFIELD, WI
- May 28 · ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL
- May 29 · CHICAGO, IL
- Jun 2 · FORT COLLINS, CO
- Jun 3 · COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
- Jun 4 · DENVER, CO
- Jun 5 · RAPID CITY, SD
- Jun 15 · BISMARCK, ND
- Jun 16 · FARGO, ND
- Bring Seminar On-site
In just one day, we'll cover the basics of HR law in a fast-paced, plain-English way that will provide a whole new level of understanding to anyone that has to deal with the thousands of facets of employment law. It's HR 101 - and we take that as a BIG compliment! Our previous attendees call this course, 'HR 101' and they say it with a smile! It's a must-have foundation of knowledge everyone needs in today's complex business world. We cover everything from ADA ... to FLSA ... to fringe benefits, but we don't go in-depth into the tiny nuances of each law. Keywords: human resource, human resources. 6 CEUs. Fee per person: $149. (Enroll four people and the fourth attends for free.)
Who Should Attend?
New HR staff members, veteran HR professionals
We Also Recommend:
In just one day, we'll cover the basics of HR law in a fast-paced, plain-English way that will provide a whole new level of understanding to anyone that has to deal with the thousands of facets of employment law.
It's HR 101 - and we take that as a BIG compliment!
Our previous attendees call this course, "HR 101" and they say it with a smile! It's a must-have foundation of knowledge everyone needs in today's complex business world. We cover everything from ADA ... to FLSA ... to fringe benefits, but we don't go in-depth into the tiny nuances of each law.
Instead, participants learn the basics of what the law means ... to whom the law applies ... and which agency enforces the law. Plus, they'll come back to the office armed with resources of information that they can immediately access when they need it.
What you'll have after this powerful session are employees that know the magnitude of HR law ... can converse with any employee about the issues safely ... and a dramatically reduced threat of mistakes, blunders and missteps due to ignorance that can land you and your company in hot water.
How You Will Benefit…
- Plain-English download on the critical laws that affect everything they do with their employees
- A quick refresher course on the fundamentals of HR law
- Understand the magnitude and enormity of employment law and benefits administration
- Lessen the risk of compliance mistakes by clearly and concisely teaching necessary requirements
What You Will Cover ...
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- Civil Rights Act of 1991
- Executive Order 11246
- Equal Pay Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Pregnancy Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Newborns and Mothers' Health Protection Act
- Older Worker's Benefit Protection Act
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Sexual and other prohibited harassment
- Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986
- Vietnam-Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Medical and Health Care Continuation Act
- Federal Wage Garnishment Law
- Employee Retirement Security Act
- Employee Stock Option Programs
- Retirement Plans
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plans
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders
- Workers' Compensation
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Qualified employee discounts exclusion
- Gifts, awards, and presentations
- Flights on institution-owned or chartered aircraft
- Moving/Travel Expenses
- De minimis
- No additional cost services exclusion
- Qualified employee discounts exclusion
- Working condition fringe benefit exclusion
- Gifts, awards, presentations
Who Should Attend ...
This seminar is built to satisfy the needs of the relatively inexperienced HR employee ... the veteran staffer who wants to brush up on some critical knowledge ... or the supervisor who wants a clearer focus on the sheer magnitude of regulations covering employment law.
National Seminars Group/Padgett-Thompson, a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center, Inc., is one of the nation's leading providers of continuing education. Each year, we provide more than 6,000 seminars in the United States and Canada, and in our 25-year history, more that 14 million professionals have participated in these programs.
Besides offering a full range of training skills to all professional levels through our one-day and two-day seminars and conferences, we also offer highly-acclaimed books, audiocassette, videocassette and CD-ROM training products for individuals, teams, departments or corporate reference libraries.
Since 1991, our affiliation with Rockhurst University, a highly acclaimed four-year university, ensures our commitment to providing lifelong continuous-learning opportunities. We're certain the combination of continuing education with academic excellence gives you the best and most innovative approach to fulfill your continuing education needs.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: