Essential Time Management and Organization Skills
The heart of this program is a time management plan that YOU will design for yourself -- allowing you to build in the flexibility you need to meet work and home commitments. In addition, you'll learn how to: Organize anything from a messy desk to towering piles in 3 basic steps; Take action with 'next-step thinking' to get tasks accomplished -- instead of putting hem off; Boost productivity by identifying and eliminating time-eating habits and organizational hurdles. Key words: procrastination, procrastinating, perfectionism, to-do lists, planning, priority, prioritization, priorities, organization, organized, organizing, organizational, goal setting, managing, goals, project, projects on time, coordinating, smarter, not harder, calendar, scheduling, schedule, time management. 6 CEUs. Fee per person: $179. (Enroll four people and the fourth attends for free.)
National Seminars Training
Leadership & Management
> Time & Stress Management
Who Should Attend?
We Also Recommend:
What You’ll Learn
Get more done in less time – and be better organized than you ever dreamed possible – using a practical new approach to time management!
You'll discover how to ...
- Free up countless hours with a time management plan you'll customize for the way YOU work
- Organize ANYTHING in three basic steps, attacking piles, stacks and "stuff" that hinders productivity
- Master "next-step thinking" to move past planning and into action
- Identify and eliminate your time-eating habits and organizational hurdles
- End procrastination, perfectionism and other time traps - forever!
- Eliminate missed deadlines by accurately estimating how long tasks will really take
Who Should Attend
“OK, but will this workshop really benefit ME?” Take this quick self-quiz to know for sure!
- Do you find yourself coming in to work early and staying late on a regular basis?
- Do you have trouble finding papers and files when you need them?
- Are you drowning in unread or unanswered e-mails?
- Does your “to-do” list grow longer instead of shorter?
- Are you putting more and more projects and tasks “on the back burner”?
- Do people refer to you as a workaholic?
- Are you a procrastinator?
- Is your work area aglow in sticky notes?
- Do you often feel you’re neglecting your family or your career — or both?
- Do you end up doing things at the last minute?
- Have you missed meetings, events or appointments because you just plain forgot?
- Are there stacks of papers or files in your work area that need to be filed or dealt with?
- Do projects frequently take longer than you anticipated?
- Do you find your weekends filling up with work?
- Do you habitually put off doing dreaded tasks?
- Do you frequently skip lunch or just gulp something down at your desk?
- Are you often trying to do at least two things at once?
- Are you chronically late?
- Are you embarrassed to have others see your work area?
- Do your high-quality standards make it tough for you to “let go” of a project?
- Do constant interruptions make it hard for you to get anything done?
- Do you have trouble saying “no” to requests, even when you don’t have time to do what’s being asked of you?
- Do you feel stressed out and pressed for time more often
- Do you often spend a lot of time looking for things you know you just had?
- Do you feel so overwhelmed by the disorganization around you that you don’t know where to start?
If you answered yes to more than a few questions, this workshop is for you. Regain control of your time and end chaos and clutter with a practical new approach that really works!
Your 4-Point Plan to Organizing Your Time – And Your Life!
I. Managing Yourself: Success Habits That Boost Your Effectiveness
- 5 time-wise habits that top achievers share
- Myths about time management that can stall your productivity
- The 7-step formula for eliminating procrastination from your life – forever!
- How to break away from perfectionism and other bad habits that rob you of time and effectiveness
- Recognizing the negative, time-robbing power of worrying – and how to banish it from your life
- The crucial importance of determining your real priorities and identifying what matters most
- A simple-to-learn prioritizing system that puts you in control
- Just say NO! Tactful but assertive ways to decline when your plate is full
- You can’t do it all! Delegation techniques that work like a charm to lighten your load
II. Managing Your Time: New Tools and Strategies That Really Work
- The Time Management Style Survey: Assess your strengths
and pinpoint your weaknesses
- The one-minute focus and other planning “musts” guaranteed to double your productivity
- Identifying your greatest time-wasters – and determining how
to avoid or eliminate them
- What’s your daily “peak productivity time”? How to recognize and make the most of it
- 20 bright ideas for stopping the time-draining effects of interruptions
- Scheduling how-to’s that build in flexibility for the unexpected
- Calendars, day planners, PDAs and personal productivity software: Determining which tools will work best for you
- The secret to ending chronic lateness
- Deadlines 101: Tips for assessing how long any task or project will really take
- The tyranny of “to-do” lists: How to turn this unruly monster into your best buddy
III. Managing Your Stuff: Clutter-Busting “Musts” for Getting Organized
- Eligible for Pack Rats Anonymous? How to break yourself of the instinct to keep everything
- How to organize ANYTHING in 3 steps: Analyze, Plan and Take Action!
- “Get a bigger trash can” and other words of wisdom from organizational gurus
- Creating an in-box system that works for you instead of against you
- A step-by-step plan of attack for turning piles into files
- How to design a filing system that meets your specific needs
- Technology tamers: Getting a grip on e-mail, voice mail, faxes and more
- In a tight squeeze? Space organization tools that can give you more room to work
- Desk-clearing techniques that’ll make you look like a neatnik in just minutes
IV. Managing for the Long Haul: “Next-Step Thinking” Keeps You on Track for Life!
- Understanding the concept of “next-step thinking”: Determining the next step you’ll need to take action on any task, problem or project
- PLANNING SESSION: Developing your personalized plan for organizing your time
- How to use next-step thinking to put your plan into motion
- Maintaining your plan: Steps you’ll take tomorrow, next week, next month, next year
- Prevent backsliding! Guerrilla tactics for avoiding the pressure to do more
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
8:30 a.m. on day 1
Lunch is on your own.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
National Seminars Training is focused on meeting the ever-expanding continuing education needs of adult professionals in all industries and professions. Our sole mission is to provide the results-producing training you need, when and where you need it, and at a price that is cost-effective for you and your organization.
National Seminars Training is a d/b/a of The Continuing Education Center, Inc., a subsidiary of the Graceland College Center for Professional Development and Lifelong Learning, Inc. Graceland University, founded in 1895, is a private, four-year liberal arts university whose continuing education outreach is committed to providing high-quality opportunities for ongoing professional development. The Center has helped advance the careers of more than 10 million participants in business training seminars throughout the U.S. and around the world.