Advanced Microsoft Excel Techniques
PICK A DATE & SIGN UP
- SEE ALL 65 DATES »
- Dec 6-7 · OVERLAND PARK, KS
- Dec 6-7 · SALEM, OR
- Dec 7-8 · KING OF PRUSSIA, PA
- Dec 8-9 · COLUMBIA, MO
- Dec 8-9 · PORTLAND, OR
- Dec 12-13 · IRVINE, CA
- Dec 12-13 · ATLANTA, GA
- Dec 13-14 · SCHAUMBURG, IL
- Dec 14-15 · TORRANCE, CA
- Dec 14-15 · ATHENS, GA
- Bring Seminar On-site
You may use Excel daily, or maybe only casually, but one thing's for sure -- you've probably wished you knew more about this dynamic program. That's why you’ll want to attend this workshop. In it, you'll learn ways to make your job easier and increase the sophistication of your data reporting and analyzing. Each session focuses on saving-you-time techniques, advanced 'how-to's,' exploring those previously 'programmer only' features and more. Along with this practical and usable training, you'll learn how to integrate your work within the Office 'family' for even greater results. If you've ever been frustrated using Excel because you knew there had to be a better way of accomplishing your tasks, you'll soon be on your way to getting more done -- and more efficiently -- with this power-boosting workshop. Enroll today! Fee per person: $399; $349 each for four or more.
Computers & Software
> Programming & Software
Who Should Attend?
Those needing advanced skills in Excel
We Also Recommend:
- Time-saving techniques that’ll allow you to get your work done faster with Excel
- Adding and using the Analysis ToolPak to make complex data analysis a snap
- How to create a PivotTable report to quickly analyze volumes of data, generate summary views, see comparisons and reveal patterns in your data
- How to add power to your spreadsheets with Visual Basic® for Applications, including a quick way to learn VBA syntax
- And much more!
You may use Excel daily, or maybe only casually, but one thing’s for sure—you’ve probably wished you knew more about this dynamic program. That’s why you’ll want to attend this workshop. In it, you’ll learn ways to make your job easier and increase the sophistication of your data reporting and analyzing. Each session focuses on saving-you-time techniques, advanced “how-to’s,” exploring those previously “programmer only” features and more. Along with this practical and usable training, you’ll learn how to integrate your work within the Office “family” for even greater results. If you’ve ever been frustrated using Excel because you knew there had to be a better way of accomplishing your tasks, you’ll soon be on your way to getting more done—and more efficiently—with this power-boosting workshop. Enroll today!
Day One: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- How to format large blocks of cells quickly and efficiently with the power of Format Painter
- Make your titles and headings stand out by using the Merge and Center formatting feature
- How to fill out an entire column of data using the new Flash Fill tool
- Why and how to create relationships between tables
- How to quickly create custom AutoFilters to view your data the way you want to and how to take advantage of the search filter
- Simple techniques to connect to a variety of data sources, such as SQL Server®, Windows Azure™ Marketplace and others and import data into Excel
Designing forms and formatting
- How to create stunning 3-D effects with your cells and implement artistic effects on images in your worksheets
- Using templates to create your worksheet can have you finished and on to the next project in a fraction of the time
- How to use Excel to quickly create professional-looking forms in minutes (not hours!)
- How to implement conditional formatting, take advantage of icon sets and improved data labels and a dozen other formatting tips and techniques for making your data stand out
- How to add control items to your worksheets, including combo boxes, list boxes, option buttons and many others
Data analysis and formulas
- How to take advantage of the Quick Analysis tool to get instant data analysis
- Using the Goal Seek function to help determine how to get your desired result
- How to utilize the new functions added to Excel
- How slicers can now also filter data in Excel tables, query tables and other data tables in addition to PivotTables
- How to use the Scenario tool to do a what-if analysis
Advanced charting and graphing functions
- How to quickly create a basic chart with a single keystroke
- Use pictures to create exciting charts that are even more descriptive than typical line and bar charts
- How to insert a Sparkline into a cell to instantly reveal patterns in your data
- The best way to visualize your data in a chart by using Recommended Charts
- The changes to the Chart ribbon and how to create a combo chart
Day Two: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Getting the most out of PivotTable and PivotChart reports
- The in’s and out’s of Excel PivotTable and PivotChart reports, including how to create a stand-alone PivotChart
- How to quickly drill down, drill up and cross drill in your PivotTable without having to go back to your source data to identify specific information
- Use the new Recommended PivotTables feature to have Excel recommend different ways to summarize your data
- Create PivotTables based on multiple tables
- How to change your PivotTable field settings to a variety of options such as average, minimum, maximum or even custom settings
Maximizing the power of Excel with VBA and macros
- A simple tool for learning VBA syntax, including how to reference specific cells, a range of cells, worksheets and more
- How to use loops to repeat commands multiple times
- View and modify modules, forms and other worksheet code using the Project Explorer and Visual Basic Editor
- How to write conditional If/Then statements in your code that can be used to execute other functions, control program flow, allow user input and perform many other functions
- How to create and use your own custom functions
Excel and the Internet
- How to get continuously updated data from a Web site into a worksheet
- Creating a macro that will update a chart published to a Web page at regular intervals
- How to embed worksheet data in a Web page
- Save time with the Excel Web Data add-in feature by using Web page data as a data source in your spreadsheet
- How to utilize the new features of Excel to share files and work with other people
Validating and securing your data
- How to lock values and formulas in your Excel worksheets
- Track down mistakes in your worksheet using the Formula Auditing tools
- How to use the Trust Center settings to manage Excel security
- How to share your Excel workbook and not worry about someone making changes that’ll ruin your work
- How to use Data Validation to make sure the data going into any cell meets the criteria you’ve specified
Why Choose CompuMaster?
Since its start, SkillPath has grown from holding just 82 seminars in 1989 to conducting more than 12,000 seminars each year. This growth was recognized in 1994, as SkillPath was placed number 32 on Inc. Magazine's annual listing of the 500 fastest-growing privately held companies in America.
In 1995, SkillPath joined forces with Graceland College, a nationally recognized, private, undergraduate institution. For both SkillPath and Graceland, this partnership makes possible a long-sought objective: the potential for many to experience the joy and benefits obtained through lifelong learning and professional development.
Even with this exceptional growth, one original goal remains unchanged-- our attention to high quality. We're so committed to achieving this goal that we offer a guarantee: you'll be satisfied with the quality of the training you receive, or you don't pay. It's that simple, and that's how we maintain the highest satisfaction rating in the industry. We invite you to try one of our seminars and experience the SkillPath difference!
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received up to five business days before the workshop are refundable, minus a registration service charge, which you may apply toward any future workshop. After that, cancellations are subject to the entire workshop fee, which you may also apply toward a future workshop. Please note that if you don’t cancel and don’t attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: