How to Handle Negativity, Bad Attitudes and Toxic People
When you attend How to Handle Negativity, Bad Attitudes & Toxic People, you'll learn how to neutralize negativity and tame toxic behavior for good! This seminar is jam-packed with the practical techniques you need to stop misbehaving people from wreaking havoc in your workplace and in your personal life. You'll learn how to: Identify the major categories of negative people and learn how to respond to the most common attack tactics of each; Understand your emotional triggers so you know how they can impact your relationships with others; Be more confident dealing with manipulative, obnoxious, and over-the-top personalities; Stop being pushed around or put off by toxic people’s behavior. Don't miss out on this exceptional learning experience! We promise, you'll leave this seminar refreshed, invigorated, and empowered to deal effectively with even the most negative and toxic people. 6 CEUs. Fee per person: $99
National Seminars Training
Leadership & Management
> Interpersonal Skills
Who Should Attend?
Those dealing with negative, toxic people at work
We Also Recommend:
Master techniques for handling even the most difficult people with less stress and more success!
Finally! A GUARANTEED Way to Handle the Toxic People Who Are Making Your Life at Work Miserable!
You know who we’re talking about: They’re the fly in the ointment. The stone in the soup. The storm cloud on a sunny day. They’re the toxic people you work with. They have bad attitudes and project negativity like a force field. Left unchecked, their toxic behavior can infect a whole team or company and cause productivity to plummet.
Don’t you get tired of negative, toxic people pulling your chain? Of course you do! Wouldn’t you like some help in dealing with these sour sorts once and for all? We thought so. That’s why we developed this amazing day of training.
Get Ready to Feel Good About Coming to Work Again, Confident That Negative and Toxic People Aren’t Going to Drag You Down!
When you attend How to Handle Negativity, Bad Attitudes & Toxic People, you’ll learn how to neutralize negativity and tame toxic behavior for good! This seminar is jam-packed with the practical techniques you need to stop misbehaving people from wreaking havoc in your workplace and in your personal life. You’ll learn how to:
- Identify the major categories of negative people and learn how to respond to the most common attack tactics of each
- Understand your emotional triggers so you know how they can impact your relationships with others
- Be more confident dealing with manipulative, obnoxious, and over-the-top personalities
- Stop being pushed around or put off by toxic people’s behavior
Put an End to the Stress, Frustration, and Aggravation You’re Enduring — Get Relief Now!
We can’t promise that negative and toxic people will just disappear from your life — but we do promise that you’ll know how to deal with them effectively from now on. Think of it — no more sleepless nights spent recounting the day’s ugly adventures, and no more commutes to work dreading the negative people who have been robbing your effectiveness. It’ll feel terrific!
Don’t miss out on this exceptional learning experience! We promise, you’ll leave this seminar refreshed, invigorated, and empowered to deal effectively with even the most negative and toxic people.
What You'll Learn:
Attend and you’ll learn how to …
- Handle the 10 kinds of difficult people and deal positively yet firmly with each
- Combat the destructive effect of negativity in the workplace
- Deal verbally with aggressive, manipulative, toxic people
- Keep your cool and stay on track when you’re upset, so you don’t say something you’ll regret
- Use effective calming techniques to quickly soothe angry people
- Model positive attitudes that rub off on others
- Use scripts and phrases that will help you defuse any difficult situation
- Spend less time in conflict and more time getting the job done
- Eliminate the stress and frustration you once felt when you had to confront someone about his or her unacceptable behavior
- Confidently stand your ground with bullies, backstabbers, whiners, and other would-be toxic saboteurs
- Reduce the amount of time it takes to work through problems with people you find difficult to work with
- Keep your composure ... even when the most obnoxious person on the planet is trying to push your buttons!
Understanding Toxic and Negative Behavior in the Workplace
- What drives difficult people to be so darn difficult?
- When to ask yourself, “Could I be part of the problem?”
- The consequences of not dealing with unacceptable behavior
- Secrets to forging positive relationships with anyone ... really, anyone!
- Active listening skills to help you find the real issue behind the stated problem
- 5 dangerous myths about communicating with negative people
- How to plan your message around a desired goal and express it so you’ll be understood
- 10 steps to constructive criticism that’s powerful — and positive
- Persuasion strategies that work miracles with “no” people
Handling the Most Common Difficult Personalities & People
- The most common types of negative people and why they act the way they do
- How to “listen actively” to make sure you understand what the other person is trying to express
- The classic weapons negative and toxic people use and how to conquer them
- “What to say when” phrases that’ll work wonders next time you’re trapped in a tough conversation with a negative person
- 7 proactive keys to conquer even the strongest resistance in others
- How to deal with know-it-alls, naysayers, creditgrabbers, pouters, backstabbers, manipulators, and more
Surviving Emotionally Charged Situations
- How to stay cool in any situation — even if you’re feeling anything but “cool” inside!
- Keeping your expectations about change realistic
- Keep anger, tears, and unwanted emotions in check at all times
- How to avoid being caught off guard by anticipating the negative actions of others
- Neutralizing your own emotions after a difficult encounter
Conflict and Confrontation Skills
- Resolve conflict quickly using the A.C.E. method
- 3 questions to ask yourself that can help you stay clearheaded in a confrontational situation
- Secrets for resolving any conflict — permanently
- How to defuse an angry person so the situation doesn’t escalate
- How to maintain your composure under fire and let the situation go
Who Should Attend?
Negative people can make your spirits sink, your teeth clench, and your stomach churn.
And if you don’t know how to protect yourself against their energyzapping, stress-inducing behavior, you’re stuck dealing with it, day after disheartening day.
That’s why attending this training is so important! If you’re dealing with negative, toxic people at work — you NEED this training NOW! Don’t put off attending — enroll TODAY!
National Seminars Training is focused on meeting the ever-expanding continuing education needs of adult professionals in all industries and professions. Our sole mission is to provide the results-producing training you need, when and where you need it, and at a price that is cost-effective for you and your organization.
National Seminars Training is a d/b/a of The Continuing Education Center, Inc., a subsidiary of the Graceland College Center for Professional Development and Lifelong Learning, Inc. Graceland University, founded in 1895, is a private, four-year liberal arts university whose continuing education outreach is committed to providing high-quality opportunities for ongoing professional development. The Center has helped advance the careers of more than 10 million participants in business training seminars throughout the U.S. and around the world.