Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Leadership and Team Development for Managerial Success Live Online/Virtual
When should you be a motivator...and when should you be a coach? Can you empower team members to self-manage? Or do your teams fall apart when you're not there? Learn how to foster team cohesiveness and collaboration. You'll step up to be a leader, a coach, a persuasive communicator and much more. Sharpen your team-building skills and discover new ways to drive performance and productivity. Two days. CEUs: 1.2. Keywords: lead, leader, leaders, leadership, motivator. Fee per person: $2445, $2195 for AMA members.
*When registering by phone, use Priority Code: XNNT
AMA (American Management Association International)
Leadership & Management
> Leadership Skills
Who Should Attend?
New managers, team leaders, business professionals
We Also Recommend:
When should you be a motivator...and when should you be a coach? Can you empower team members to self-manage? Or do your teams fall apart when you're not there?
Learn how to foster team cohesiveness and collaboration. You'll step up to be a leader, a coach, a persuasive communicator and much more. Sharpen your team-building skills and discover new ways to drive performance and productivity.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
New managers, team leaders and business professionals interested in acquiring effective leadership skills for managers.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT:
- Understand leadership skills for managers to know when to manage and when to lead your team
- Assess your leadership behavior and determine the best style to generate results
- Clearly visualize your goals and communicate them to your team
- Work in a horizontal mode of operation instead of managing only one piece of the process
- Develop a high-performance team by first developing leadership skills
- Use effective communication to motivate and coach
WHAT YOU WILL COVER:
- Understanding leadership style and the situation
- Empasizing the importance of vision in aligning team performance
- Integrating your leadership and managerial
- Examining the leader’s role as motivator and coach
- Distinguishing the four team types
- Exploring the principles that make teams work
- Diagnosing work-teams: a work-team simulation
- Define Keys Aspects of Leadership and Teams That Are Used throughout the Course
- Assess Your Performance in Your Current Leadership Position
- Describe the Importance of Vision
- Align the Organization and Team to the Vision for Maximum Adaptability
- Diagnose Your Leadership Style and Apply the Most Effective Leadership Style to a Situation
- Identify the Most Effective Leadership Style for Team Situations
Individual and Team Motivation
- Develop the Keys to a Motivated Workforce Using Appropriate Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivators
- Identify Appropriate Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivators
- Prepare for and Apply Appropriate Techniques to Coaching Situations
- Craft Effective Coaching Messages
Building a Team
- Describe the Characteristics of, and Develop the Skills to Facilitate, Effective Teams
- Identify the Stages of Team Development and to Learn the Importance of Leader Facilitation of the Development Process
AMA Blended Learning combines instructor-led training with online pre- and post-seminar assessments, tune-up courses and other resources to maximize your training goals. Through a blend of proven instructor-led seminars and powerful online technology, AMA Blended Learning provides a compelling and more comprehensive experience for the learner—producing a greater return-on-investment for the employer and the seminar participant.
The American Management Association was founded in 1923. They have built a content control check into every one of their professional seminars. Plus a series of checks and balances to ensure that the content of every AMA seminar is precisely targeted to:
- provide comprehensive, hands-on training that is of practical use when you return to the job
- focus on need-to-know specifics, relevant to the demands of global business today
- offer the expertise and personalized attention of top-ranking instructors
- facilitate your career development and business savvy
Whether you're looking for a solid foundation of business fundamentals or strategies to help you seize growth opportunities for your company, AMA offers expert instruction to help you:
- manage your priorities effectively
- cultivate more productive working relationships
- increase your on-the-job value
- align your skills with marketplace demands
- bring out the best in people, processes and yourself
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy
For Classroom, Live Online, and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed—At AMA, we guarantee the quality of our seminars. In fact, 98% of our participants say they would recommend the course they have taken to their colleagues. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: