Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
The Exceptional Team Leader Live or Webinar
This one-day seminar gives you the skills ranked 'most critical' by experienced team leaders. Learn how to use goal setting to build team loyalty and genuine 'esprit' and how to challenge people to go the extra mile. 6 CEUs. Keywords: webinar, webinars, on demand, virtual learning, virtual classes, online learning. Live Online Seminars earn CEU course credit only. Fee per person: $99; $89 each for five or more.
Leadership & Management
> Team Building
Who Should Attend?
Managers, team leaders, team members
We Also Recommend:
Learn the skills ranked "most critical" by experienced team leaders
This seminar gets right down to business. It's a "here's what to do -- and how you do it" crash course for new team leaders.
We designed this seminar with input from veteran team leaders at organizations across the country. You'll explore the issues they told us were most critical in their own development.
Critical skills like these:
- Getting off on the right foot with a new team
- Making sure team meetings are worthwhile -- and not just time-wasting get-togethers
- Understanding the leader's role when conflicts erupt or there's infighting on your team
- Knowing the best places to invest your time for the biggest payback
- Keeping your team members focused and enthused -- especially in the early stages when everything's confusing
The upshot of all this …
You get a program packed with the leadership training you'll need to guide your team through its infancy to full maturity as an effective work unit.
Will you benefit from attending this course?
- Yes, if you're new to teams (or if a team is new to you)
- Yes, if you're a team leader still trapped in a manager's mentality
- Yes, if you're part of a team that's going nowhere, and nobody knows why
- Yes, if you feel the leadership skills that have served you so far have hit a plateau or aren't in tune with the times
- Yes, if all this talk about leading teams vs. managing people has you curious about what you should be doing differently
No matter what kind of team you lead, this course will help you get the most out of your people -- and discover what they expect from you in return.
You'll gain "how-tos" that are essential in today's team-driven workplace …
- How to develop trust and teamwork. Find out what it takes to get people who were put together to pull together.
- How to nurture team identity and commitment. Learn why the best teams invest so much time and energy on defining their purpose.
- How to help your team solve problems and make decisions. You'll see how to gradually step back and allow your team to reach its own conclusions and map its own actions.
- How to resolve conflicts and differences. See why it's so valuable to encourage open and honest debate -- and how to do it without causing harm or creating enemies.
- How to keep your team fresh and growing. Discover techniques that can motivate your team to take on bigger challenges and more responsibility as it matures.
- How to capitalize on the freedom that a well-run team creates for its leader. See how becoming an effective leader lets you focus more on the "big issues" facing your organization, and less on the daily matters.
Who should attend?
- Newly appointed leaders of any kind of team
- Current team leaders with no previous training
- Leaders whose teams have stalled -- or have never functioned as a true team
- Classic managers itching to learn team-specific skills (motivation, consensus building, team problem solving, peacekeeping, goal setting and group dynamics)
- Team members themselves, especially those looking to move into a leadership position
Building trust and teamwork
You'll discover how to ...
- Deal with the anxieties, doubts and self-questioning every new team goes through
- Rally your troops when they start to falter
- Make sure workloads and responsibilities are equally shared
- Measure and monitor your team's trust -- in themselves and in you
- Set the kind of example your team can admire and emulate
- Define team roles, so everyone is clear about "who does what"
- Run razor-sharp meetings -- and see that follow-through happens so things get done
Fostering team identity and commitment
You'll learn creative ways to ...
- Use goal setting to build team loyalty and genuine "esprit"
- Challenge people to go the extra mile -- and enjoy every step of it
- Encourage teammates to pull together
- Keep your team persevering despite setbacks or slowdowns
- Celebrate successes to strengthen team commitment
Developing problem-solving and decision-making skills
You'll delve into ...
- Why team consensus is so important -- and how to achieve it more often
- How to know when you can transfer decision-making power to your team
- The 7 essential steps to usher a team toward true consensus
- 3 techniques to help you identify -- and solve -- the problems that need solving
- How to recognize the signs of "groupthink" -- and prevent your team from falling into this trap
Help your team work through strife, gripes and group disagreements
Learn skills that enable you to ...
- Help your team draw conflict and dissension into the open -- and deal with them honestly and productively
- Understand the 6 causes of team conflict
- Change team conflict into opportunities for creative solutions
- Turn the negative energy of arguments, differing opinions and opposing viewpoints into a positive team force
- Break deadlocks peacefully
- Recognize when the time's come to step back from direct involvement and let your team settle its own differences
"Growing" your team
Learn strategies to help you ...
- Capitalize on the individual skills of each team member
- Move your team toward more self-leadership and less dependence on you
- Teach and encourage innovative, even breakthrough thinking
Making the move from team leader to big-picture strategist
Learn "forward thinking" skills that will enable you to ...
- Build flexibility and adaptability into your team (keys to any successful work unit)
- Take overdue action on "back-burnered" projects
- Foster a "team-friendly" workplace environment throughout your organization
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: