Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Basic Supervision Live or Webinar
A seminar that will launch participants to peak performance in motivating, managing and taking charge of projects and people. The seminar will train the newly appointed supervisor or refresh the experienced one. Participants learn how to rate performance, relate to former peers, maintain a positive motivational climate, handle conflicts, and how to discipline without destroying. Keywords: supervision, management. 6 CEUs. Keywords: webinar, webinars, on demand, virtual learning, virtual classes, online learning. Live Online Seminars earn CEU course credit only. Fee per person: $149; $139 each for five or more.
Fred Pryor Seminars
Leadership & Management
> Supervisory Skills
Who Should Attend?
We Also Recommend:
Do you wear a lot of hats? Most supervisors do. Perhaps you have to be a friend...coach...boss...mediator. You're in charge. And you know it's not easy. Being in charge means you're responsible for delegating, motivating and praising, delivering criticism or discipline, working under pressure, meeting tight deadlines, training new employees, organizing people, organizing projects, and organizing schedules on an ongoing basis.
No doubt about it - you wear a lot of hats! Regardless of your previous experience in supervising, you can always work smarter and do your job better with fresh ideas and techniques.
By attending this seminar your own skills will be greatly enhanced, and in addition, everyone at your company will benefit - your supervisor, your staff, and everyone who can see how your new techniques have increased productivity and satisfaction.
You'll move to the career track of success, becoming a much more valuable employee - the kind of supervisor that high-paying companies vie for!
- Identify the areas that need improvement in your workplace and in your own supervisory skills
- How to supervise friends and still maintain performance
- Learn smart ways to set goals and assess productivity
- Conduct performance reviews the right way - thoroughly, fairly, and legally, so that the employee and your organization benefit
- Give orders and instructions that are both easily understood and readily accepted without backlash
- Learn common mistakes to avoid in building a positive work climate and dealing with negative attitudes
- Originate project plans and set goals that your staff will buy into
- Slash employee-turnover costs and hassles by using specific hiring and interviewing techniques
- Making the transition to supervisor: Identify the 5 most common traps encountered by new supervisors and how to steer clear of them
- Supervising older/more experienced employees and younger/less experienced employees
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: