Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Assertiveness Training for Managers
Step by step, you'll go from identifying your current style to applying a more effective approach. You'll examine the entire dynamic process using behavior modeling, behavior rehearsals and feedback sessions. Acquire a polished and more powerful communication style and let your leadership ability emerge. Keywords: assertive, self-esteem, passive, communication, conflict management, conflict resolution, saying no, how to say no. 3 days. CEUs: 1.8. Fee: $2545, $2295 for AMA members.
*When registering by phone, use Priority Code: XNNT
AMA (American Management Association International)
Leadership & Management
> Assertiveness Training
Who Should Attend?
Experienced managers and seasoned professionals with four or more years experience
We Also Recommend:
Learn how to channel assertiveness skills to interact more effectively with people throughout your organization!
Mastering assertiveness skills can do a lot more than just help you win arguments. If you want to enhance your leadership stature and persuade others to help you reach your goals, Assertiveness Training for Managers is an important first step.
Assertiveness Training for Managers gives you the opportunity to learn how your behavior style impacts your overall performance as a manager. You’ll take stock of your current assertiveness skills and learn how you can improve them for a more effective approach. Using the behavior modeling approach toward assertiveness training, this seminar teaches you how to employ assertiveness skills to take control of a situation without alienating others.
Who Should Attend
Experienced managers and seasoned professionals with four or more years of experience who want to build their strengths, resolve conflicts smoothly and exercise greater influence on others.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT:
- Improve communication by using assertive-responsive skills
- Acquire a more polished and powerful communication style and let your leadership ability emerge
- Tap other people’s resources to get the job done
- Empower yourself and your staff
- Exercise greater influence on others
WHAT YOU WILL COVER:
- How your perceptions determine your reactions
- Operating consciously vs. unconsciously
- Guidelines for achieving your objectives through assertive-responsive behavior
- Developing your own self-improvement plan
- Using assertive-responsive techniques to identify what you want—and then go after it
- The Program Involves Role-Plays, Activities, and Exercises Designed to Help You:
- Tune-in to Thoughts and Feelings and Use Them as a Resource
- Grow Conscious of Behavior and Make Appropriate Choices
- Gain Insight into the Impressions You Make
- Describe Examples of Conscious and Unconscious Communication
- Explain the Thoughts-Feelings-Behaviors Model and its Importance for Understanding and Controlling Your Communication
- Define Beliefs and Describe Their Role in Your Communication
- List the Factors That Can Help You Become a Flexible Communicator, Responding Appropriately to Different Situations
The Assertive/Responsive Model
- List the Four Quadrants in the ASSERTIVE/RESPONSIVE Model and Describe Their Corresponding Behaviors and Attitudes
- Explain the Human Needs and Beliefs That Drive Individuals into One Mode of Behavior or Another
Trying on the Model
- Be Able to Identify Statements as ASSERTIVE, RESPONSIVE, AGGRESSIVE, or NON-ASSERTIVE as Well as Those That Erode Self-Esteem
- Formulate Your Own Assertive and Responsive Statements Using Each Skill Discussed, and Respond Appropriately to the Statements of Other Participants
- Employ These Communication Strategies to Reach Consensus in a Team
- Use a Positive Feedback Discipline in Your Teamwork
ASSERTIVE/RESPONSIVE Skill Building
- More Complex Content
- More Complex Team Challenges
- Use Your Assertive Skills to Clearly Stake Out a Potion Without Becoming Aggressive
- Explore Another Person’s Position and Demonstrate Complete Understanding of the Opposing View
Emotions and Conflict
- Be Able to Identify Your Own Emotional Triggers and Better Recognize Those of Others
- Describe Your "Personal Zone of Control"
- Be Prepared to Manage Conflict:
- -Resolving It Where Cooperation Is Present and Emotions Are Under Control
- -Lowering the Emotional Temperature Where Necessary and Possible
- -Deciding with Confidence to Disengage When It Is Not Possible to Resolve or De-Escalate Conflict
- Analyze a Conversation, Characterize the Statements in It, and Draw Conclusions About the Communication Style Demonstrated
- Identify the Styles of Others
Your Action Plan
- Prepare a Plan for Improvement Back on the Job
- On the Subject of Your Goals and Plans, Receive the Benefit of Feedback and Coaching from Members of Your Team and the Experience of Supplying the Same to Them
3 days/1.8 CEUs
The American Management Association was founded in 1923. They have built a content control check into every one of their professional seminars. Plus a series of checks and balances to ensure that the content of every AMA seminar is precisely targeted to:
- provide comprehensive, hands-on training that is of practical use when you return to the job
- focus on need-to-know specifics, relevant to the demands of global business today
- offer the expertise and personalized attention of top-ranking instructors
- facilitate your career development and business savvy
Whether you're looking for a solid foundation of business fundamentals or strategies to help you seize growth opportunities for your company, AMA offers expert instruction to help you:
- manage your priorities effectively
- cultivate more productive working relationships
- increase your on-the-job value
- align your skills with marketplace demands
- bring out the best in people, processes and yourself
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy
For Classroom, Live Online, and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed—At AMA, we guarantee the quality of our seminars. In fact, 98% of our participants say they would recommend the course they have taken to their colleagues. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: