Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Business Writing for Results Live or Webinar
This seminar teaches the secrets of day-to-day writing in business. Participants can acquire the basics of organizing information, learning words with impact, and shaping their thoughts on paper. Learn how to write powerful letters, memos, reports, and proposals that get results. 6 CEUs. Keywords: webinar, webinars, on demand, virtual learning, virtual classes, online learning. Live Online Seminars earn CEU course credit only. Fee per person: $199; $189 each for five or more.
Fred Pryor Seminars
Writing & Speaking
> Writing Skills
Who Should Attend?
People of all levels in any industry
We Also Recommend:
Face it...every day you work with words. It doesn't matter whether you're writing memos to co-workers, reports to your boss, or letters to customers...
- Your writing reflects your level of ability, confidence, and savvy.
- The level of respect you attain is affected by you write.
- Your promotion, raise, or bonus may be a direct result of your impressive writing skills.
You might think that writing is a "talent" that a few "lucky people are "born with." It's time to dispel the notion that you don't have such a "gift." You can produce clear, sharp, effective copy. It's just a matter of learning a basic set of writing skills that will be useful to you every day for the rest of your life.
Whether you write memos, letters, reports, proposals, articles, performance reviews, procedure manuals, or personnel reviews...this is an excellent investment of both time and money.
The skills to write are yours in this seminar. You can acquire the basics of organizing your words and shaping your thoughts on paper. You won't learn stuffy grammatical rules that are hard to remember.
This seminar teaches the secrets of day-to-day writing in business - snappy letters, maximum-effect memos, perfect proposals, and clean, organized writing in any format!
Your writing style
- Learn 6 simple rules that guarantee clarity and simplicity in any kind of written document
- Writing "tone": Learn exactly what it is, and evaluate the tone you need to use in your written communications
- Understand the difference between the "active" and "passive" voice - and why it's one of the most essential elements in business writing
Organize the information
- Go from start to finish with a 5-phase plan that helps you complete any writing project with ease - from short memos to complex proposals
- Develop a good outline the fast, easy way - and save time on writing and rewriting
Focus on the reader
- Identify the 5 audience types - and write a tailor-made document that really gets attention
- A simple, 3-step blueprint that will help you judge reaction to your writing - in advance
- Ensure your writing is read, remembered, taken seriously, and acted on
Effective memos and letters
- Learn the 4 qualities present in every effective memo - and pinpoint your own strengths and weaknesses
- Write attention-getting openings that draw readers in and build rapport instantly
- End your memos with strong closings that get the action and results you want
- How to write a complaint letter that gets the results you want - without anger, browbeating or intimidation tactics
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: