AMA's Advanced Financial Forecasting and Modeling Workshop
Attendees in this seminar will: sharpen their analytical abilities for better decision making; ensure that their models are on target to eliminate costly errors; get the maximum advantage from their software; and transform raw data into workable, quantitative models. Three days. CEUs: 1.8. Keywords: finance, financial. Fee per person: $2645, $2395 for AMA members.
*When registering by phone, use Priority Code: XNNT
AMA (American Management Association International)
Finance & Accounting
Who Should Attend?
Financial executives, business professionals and operations managers who are involved in the decision-making process
We Also Recommend:
Improve decision making with advanced modeling techniques
Build more powerful and more accurate forecasting models to better analyze financial data, predict revenues and costs, assess risks—and justify critical business decisions.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
- Create effective financial models that meet your business needs
- Quantify the uncertainty inherent in forecasting models with various risk analysis techniques
- Make better, more profitable business decisions using advanced financial modeling methods
- Evaluate patterns in your historical data
- Identify and utilize key business drivers and integrate them into your forecast
- Effectively communicate the results of your models to team members and senior management
WHAT YOU WILL COVER
- Working with advanced Excel modeling techniques such as simulation add-ins
- Creating your own model from real-world examples
- Analyzing and applying diagnostics to validate your forecast
- Understanding how Monte Carlo simulations handle uncertainty
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Analysts and executive-level managers who work with financial models, need a refresher course on modeling methods—as well as experienced financial professionals who have not built models on a regular basis.
Note: Please bring a laptop equipped with Excel.
Those with minimal finance experience should attend AMA’s Fundamentals of Finance and Accounting for Nonfinancial Managers or Intermediate Finance and Accounting for Nonfinancial Managers.
Recommended CPE credit: 22 hours/Intermediate
Recommended for optimum learning benefit: familiarity with fundamentals of finance analysis (see AMA Seminar 1552).
Instructional Method— Group Live
This Seminar Features Blended Learning
AMA Blended Learning combines instructor-led training with online pre- and post-seminar assessments, tune-up courses and other resources to maximize your training goals. Through a blend of proven instructor-led seminars and powerful online technology, AMA Blended Learning provides a compelling and more comprehensive experience for the learner—producing a greater return-on-investment for the employer and the seminar participant.
3 days/1.8 CEUs/20 CCM Credits - Recommended CPE credit: 22 hours
- Use Mainstream Financial Concepts and Terminology
- Describe Fundamental Statistical Methods
- Develop Existing Financial Models in Excel®
- View More Advanced Excel® Modeling Techniques Such as Monte Carlo Add-Ins
- Create Your Own Model and Provide Diagnostics
- Analyze Your Model and Provide Diagnostics
- Identify Uncertainty in the Model and Design Methods to Address It
- Present Your Models to a Brand Management Audience
Finance Theory As Used in Modeling
- Apply the Concepts of Modern Finance
- Use Various Interest and Risk Measures in Your Models
- Develop Models That Are Consistent with the Principles of Finance
Creating Financial Models in Microsoft Excel®
- Develop a Set of Guidelines for Preparing Financial Models in Microsoft Excel®
- Identify Key Tips for Preparing These Models
- Apply the Pyramid Structure to Your Models
- Use Various Microsoft Excel® Functions That Will Aid in Developing Models
- Prepare a Basic Model Using These Techniques
Model Statistics and Forecasting
- Calculate Mean and Standard Deviation of a Dataset
- Present Data for Manipulation
- Analyze the Data Using Simple Techniques
- Forecast Financial Data Using Regression Analysis
The Art of Building Models
- Identify the Key Points Necessary to Build a Model
- Describe the Art in Creating an Effective Model
- Create a New Model Solving a Complex Business Problem
Modeling Risk and Uncertainty
- Identify Uncertainty as It Exists in the Business World
- Develop Simple Techniques to Handle Uncertainty
- Use Monte Carlo Simulations to Handle Uncertainty
- Use Option Pricing Models to Handle Uncertainty
The American Management Association was founded in 1923. They have built a content control check into every one of their professional seminars. Plus a series of checks and balances to ensure that the content of every AMA seminar is precisely targeted to:
- provide comprehensive, hands-on training that is of practical use when you return to the job
- focus on need-to-know specifics, relevant to the demands of global business today
- offer the expertise and personalized attention of top-ranking instructors
- facilitate your career development and business savvy
Whether you're looking for a solid foundation of business fundamentals or strategies to help you seize growth opportunities for your company, AMA offers expert instruction to help you:
- manage your priorities effectively
- cultivate more productive working relationships
- increase your on-the-job value
- align your skills with marketplace demands
- bring out the best in people, processes and yourself
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy
For Classroom, Live Online, and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed—At AMA, we guarantee the quality of our seminars. In fact, 98% of our participants say they would recommend the course they have taken to their colleagues. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: