Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Project Management for Administrative Professionals Remote Access thru April 2020
Attendees will learn about the role of the project manager, how to plan a project, how to establish and use authority to get things done, and getting cooperation and building teamwork. Keywords: planning, organizational skills, long-range projects, direct authority. Keywords: webinar, webinars. 3 days. CEUs: 1.8. Fee per person: $2095, $1895 for AMA members.
*When registering by phone, use Priority Code: XNNT
AMA (American Management Association International)
Leadership & Management
> Project Management
Who Should Attend?
Secretaries, executive secretaries, administrative assistants, administrative support personnel, office managers, executive assistants, sales assistants
We Also Recommend:
Is there an advantage to learning project management for administrative professionals? Yes!
If you’re looking to take on the added pressure and challenges associated with projects, the techniques of project management for administrative professionals will give you the confidence you need to get the job done.
Whether you’re an administrative assistant, secretary, executive secretary or another member of the administrative support staff, now you can get the skills that spell project management success—scheduling, budgeting and planning. Learn how project management for administrative professionals will help you take a project from conception to completion.
Who Should Attend
Executive secretaries and assistants, administrative assistants and administrative support personnel, office managers, sales assistants and any administrative professional who is responsible for projects.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT:
- Learn the project management for administrative professionals skills to plan, organize and control projects of any size
- Organize and track all project resources to maximize productivity
- Anticipate problems or solve them as they arise
- Manage time while juggling multiple projects with ongoing daily responsibilities
- Gain the ability to exert influence without authority
WHAT YOU WILL COVER:
- Defining project management
- Planning and controlling projects
- Meeting project objectives
- Solving project problems
- Managing time and priorities
- Learning from each project
- Coordinating work done by others
- Improving communication skills
- Plan, Organize and Control Projects of Any Size, Using Proven Project Management Techniques of Successful Project Management
- Focus on Results and Meet All Project Objectives and Timetables
- Organize and Track All Project Resources to Maximize Productivity
- Report Progress of Plans to the Satisfaction of Management
- Solve Problems As They Arise and Anticipate Problems Using Simple and Effective Problem-Solving Tools
- Manage Them While Juggling Multiple Projects and Ongoing Daily Responsibilities
- Learn to Use Influence and Clear Communication to Get Cooperation and Coordinate the Work of People Who Do Not Report to You
- Deal with Complexity and Conflicting Demands on Your Time and Talent
- Gain Confidence and Increase Your Responsibly By Validating Your Experience and Skills
What Is Project Management?
- Understand the Definition of " Project"
- Create Problem Statements
- Understand the Difference between a Project and Ongoing Work
- Be Aware of the Variety of Projects Administrative Professionals Are Asked to Complete
- Understand the Roles and Responsibilities of a Project Manager
- Understand the Basic Project Life Cycle
How Do We Manage Projects?
- Plan and Control Projects
- Meet Project Objectives
- Organize and Track Resources
- Use Basic Project Management Tools
How Do We Work with Others Successfully?
- Use Influence without Authority
- Recognize and Use Different Communication Styles
- Use Active Assertive Communication
- Communicate Effectively Across Organizational Boundaries
- Organize Effective Project Team Meetings
How Do We Meet Project Challenges?
- Solve Project Problems Effectively
- Avoid Disasters
- Learn from Every Project
How Do We Apply Project Management Knowledge and Plan
For the Future?
- Apply Your Learning to New Projects
- Plan Your Progress More Effectively
The American Management Association was founded in 1923. They have built a content control check into every one of their professional seminars. Plus a series of checks and balances to ensure that the content of every AMA seminar is precisely targeted to:
- provide comprehensive, hands-on training that is of practical use when you return to the job
- focus on need-to-know specifics, relevant to the demands of global business today
- offer the expertise and personalized attention of top-ranking instructors
- facilitate your career development and business savvy
Whether you're looking for a solid foundation of business fundamentals or strategies to help you seize growth opportunities for your company, AMA offers expert instruction to help you:
- manage your priorities effectively
- cultivate more productive working relationships
- increase your on-the-job value
- align your skills with marketplace demands
- bring out the best in people, processes and yourself
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy
For Classroom, Live Online, and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed—At AMA, we guarantee the quality of our seminars. In fact, 98% of our participants say they would recommend the course they have taken to their colleagues. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: