Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers & Supervisors Live or Webinar
Participants in this seminar will learn: what a problem employee 'looks' like -- the nine symptoms to watch for; emotional and psychological roots of poor performance; a checklist to help determine if you're unconsciously triggering poor performance; communication breakdowns that lead to poor performance; six factors to consider when choosing corrective measures. One day. 6 CEUs. Keywords: webinar, webinars, on demand, virtual learning, virtual classes, online learning. Live Online Seminars earn CEU course credit only. Fee per person: $149; $139 each for five or more.
> Employee Problems
Who Should Attend?
We Also Recommend:
Are your managers carrying dead weight?
These days you can't afford sub-standard performers. Problem employees drag down morale, destroy productivity and distract your managers from important projects. Here's a proven system for dealing with problem employees once and for all.
At this seminar, your management team will learn how to ...
- Approach the employee about problem behavior ... in a way that minimizes accusations, hostility and defensiveness
- Create an improvement plan ... and get the employee to commit to it
- Coach the employee ... to encourage steady progress
- Document the process ... so the manager is prepared if dismissal becomes necessary
- Discipline, reassign or dismiss the person if the problem doesn't improve ... and handle it all fairly and with clear documentation
With the skills your people will gain at this seminar, they'll get problem employees to pull their own weight. That way, they'll have fully functioning teams -- with no "weak links." And everyone will be more productive, better satisfied and easier to work with.
Recognize these nonperformers?
- The "bad attitudes."
They complain constantly, and their dismal outlook is poisoning the rest of the team. Often they have the skills to do their work well, but they fall short when it comes to enthusiasm, energy and commitment.
- The unskilled.
They just don't have the skills they need. Maybe their jobs have outgrown them. Maybe they never had the skills, and it's becoming more and more apparent. Or perhaps the main skill they're lacking is good judgment.
- The misdirected.
These people aren't really problems at all. They work hard and demonstrate their commitment. But they're confused about what their manager expects. Or they've gotten distracted from their goals. They'll be happy to perform if management can help them find the way.
Your managers will learn how to handle them ...
At this seminar, your managers will learn how to distinguish between the types of problem employees. They'll learn the hidden causes behind difficult behavior. They'll learn how to deal with each one carefully and compassionately. And best of all, they'll learn how to correct the problem with ...
- Clear standards
- Realistic action plans
- Progressive discipline
Help your managers turn "lost causes" into solid contributors
All managers have to deal with a problem employee at some point. This seminar is an ideal way for your management team to get important training in performance management all at once. After this seminar, your managers will speak the same language. They'll support each each other in creating action plans and applying progressive discipline.
Understanding the problem
- What a problem employee "looks" like: 9 symptoms to watch for
- Emotional and psychological roots of poor performance
- Should you wait until there is a clear pattern of behavior? Surprisingly, no -- you'll learn why
- A checklist to help you determine if you're unconsciously triggering the poor performance
- Communication breakdowns that lead to performance problems
- Pinpointing the problems of a poor performer
Taking positive action
- 6 factors to consider when choosing corrective measures
- 7 signs that your problem employee needs more training
- Preparing yourself to confront a problem employee
- How to explain the problem to your employee without placing blame or causing defensiveness
- How to set realistic, clear performance standards (so you reward behaviors you want and discourage those you don't)
- Progressive discipline: what to do when initial corrective actions don't work
- Developing a performance improvement plan for each employee
Handling employees who …
- Have a bad attitude
- Are chronically tardy
- Miss work often
- Refuse to take responsibility
- Challenge your authority
- Get derailed by personal problems
Preparing for dismissals
- Documenting the disciplinary process:
- -- When to start
- -- What to include
- -- How to be consistent with company policy and employee agreements
- -- When and how to use a witness
- -- What is legal, what is not
- When all else fails: how to talk with employees who are not improving, and help them feel better about moving on
- How to avoid grievances, and the best ways to handle them if they do arise
- Documenting discipline thoroughly and appropriately
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
Quote From Past Participants:
"I took over a staff riddled with problems. While I have been able to turn around nine of 11 people, this seminar was dead on target for the other two."
- Support Staff Supervisor, Mental Health Services West
"This seminar is the first I've attended in ages that talked about solutions to problems."
- Leader, Allstate Insurance Company
"I would recommend this seminar for all supervisors and managers."
- Program Director, Homer Perkins Canter
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: