Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Mistake-Free Grammar and Proofreading Live or Webinar
This is a fast-moving day in which attendees learn core skills including capitalization and punctuation; techniques for finding errors in numbers, prices, codes, dates, etc.; and the six key spelling rules. Learn commonly misused words, and how to use them correctly. Keywords: webinar, webinars, online learning, virtual learning, Write, writing. 6 CEUs. Fee per person: $99; $89 each for five or more.
Writing & Speaking
> Writing Skills
Who Should Attend?
Managers, secretaries, technical writers, editors, proofreaders
We Also Recommend:
A workshop that makes proofreading and grammar fun? Is that possible? You bet. This program is based on the latest research on how adults learn. It's fast-moving, so you stay interested. It's engaging, so you grasp more. "Mistake-Free Grammar & Proofreading" takes you on an adventure. The goal? To catch the grammar mistakes that can hurt your credibility. You'll start by finding out how well you understand grammar now. (Don't worry: You're not "graded," and no one is singled out or embarrassed.)
- All about capitalization and punctuation
- Techniques for finding errors in numbers, prices, codes, dates, etc.
- Commonly misused words, and how to use them correctly
- The 6 key spelling rules (and their most troublesome exceptions)
Who should attend?
Managers, secretaries, technical writers, editors, and proofreaders who:
- Have never received formal training in these core skills
- Have been out of school for a while and need to brush up
Memorable training with unforgettable results...
This workshop is designed according to the latest research on how adults learn. It's fast moving, so you stay interested. It's engaging, so you learn by doing. And it's fun, so you happily give it your all.
The information comes alive for you. You easily see the practical applications. And it sticks with you in a way that pure "book learning" never can.
- Essential grammar rules every professional must know
- How to increase your proofreading speed - without sacrificing accuracy
- Proofreading marks: Learn what they are and practice using them
- The rules of subject/verb agreement
- How to correct writing without changing the meaning
- Fixing run-on sentences
- Who vs. whom; me vs. myself - never be confused again!
- Spotting common typographical errors
- Creating distance from your work so you can catch your own errors
- A review of basic grammar skills
- How to avoid sexist language
- The six most frequently missed rules for using commas
- How to use semicolons to improve the "flow" of your sentences
- When you should use quotation marks and when you shouldn't (By the way, does the period go inside or outside the quotation marks?)
- When to use further/farther; affect/effect; continual/continuous; and other frequently misused words
- Dashes and parentheses (Did you know they are opposites?)
- How to use your word processor's spellchecker correctly (and when you can't rely on it)
- 150 commonly misspelled words (a take-home list you'll use often!)
- When to use numbers and when to use words (50 or fifty?)
- Take a final quiz and see how much more skilled and confident you are!
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: