Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
How to Handle Emotionally Charged Situations in the Workplace Live or Webinar
In this one-day seminar students receive innovative, solution-driven approaches to the inevitable conflicts that arise at work and at home. They will discover practical, proven alternatives that they can harness in the most difficult, frustrating situations. 6 CEUs. Keywords: webinar, webinars, on demand, virtual learning, virtual classes, online learning. Live Online Seminars earn CEU course credit only. Fee per person: $149; $139 each for five or more.
Fred Pryor Seminars
Leadership & Management
> Interpersonal Skills
Who Should Attend?
We Also Recommend:
Control, confidence, and composure in even the most highly charged situations
Be honest—has anger, uncontrolled conflict, or unchecked emotion cost you too much? Spoiled relationships? Anxiety and stress? Poor productivity? Lack of cooperation and teamwork? Tension at home? A stalled career? Your self-respect? If you’ve got the courage to admit that the cost of unmanaged conflict has been too high, we’ve got the life-changing answers for you.
This one-day seminar presents an exciting, innovative, solutions-driven approach to the inevitable conflicts that arise at work and at home. You’ll discover practical, proven alternatives that you can harness in the most difficult, frustrating situations.
Conflict, strife, and opposing points of view are part of the workplace and part of life; you can’t change that. But you can change the way you react and manage conflict when it does occur. After this transforming seminar, you’ll see an incredible, positive change in yourself (and everyone around you will notice it, too)!
Enroll today, and you’ll be the master of your own emotions and the calm in the center of the storm.
- How to uncover “hidden” resentments and learn what’s really bugging you or others
- 3 special situations where you should avoid a confrontation at all costs
- The “escalation scale” — how to prevent disagreements from turning into arguments
- Steps you can take right now to “repair” relationships damaged by past conflicts
- The secret to keeping poise and control when everyone around you loses it
- Emotional “first aid”: innovative practices that help you get control in the crucial first minutes of a crisis
- Antagonists, blamers, complainers … set yourself free from the traps these tough people set for you
- “Crisis communicating”: talk your way through even the nastiest conflicts, and reach an acceptable compromise
- How to predict a problem situation before it reaches the crisis stage — and avert it entirely
- Self-destructive behaviors: find out how you can be “your own worst enemy”
- Stress and anger: identify and eliminate your own deadly “triggers”
- How to transform the negative energy of anger into a positive, productive force (The secret is “channeling”)
- How your individual personality drives your emotional responses
- Is it a “put-down” or constructive criticism? How to tell the difference
- Sinister sarcasm: how to deal with someone who veils insults with flattery
- How to relax — quick! 5 minutes is all you need to relieve the tension and anxiety of conflict
- “Placing blame”: how this common, destructive habit can lead you to disaster
- 18 physical symptoms of anger — know them, and you’ll be able to “warn yourself” of an impending emotional surge
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: