Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Managing Multiple Projects, Objectives and Deadlines Live or Webinar
This is the seminar for the busy manager, supervisor or administrative person who juggles deadlines, projects and multiple demands and has no time to waste. Learn organizational skills to help you get more accomplished faster and with better results than ever before! Keywords: webinar, webinars, virtual learning, online learning. Fee per person: $149
Leadership & Management
> Time & Stress Management
Who Should Attend?
Anyone; busy managers, supervisors or administrative persons
We Also Recommend:
Managing Multiple Projects, Objectives and Deadlines
You’ll learn …
- How to reap the benefits of better planning
- How to get organized and stay that way
- Why deadlines get missed—and how to make sure they won’t be
- How to make sure your real “top priorities” don’t get lost in the shuffle
- And much more
This is the seminar for the busy manager, supervisor or administrative person who juggles deadlines, projects and multiple demands and has no time to waste. Learn organizational skills to help you get more accomplished faster and with better results than ever before!
Program hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Gaining control of your workday
- The 10 “Golden Rules” of time management
- An eye-opening test to see just how out of control your workday really is
- How to eliminate the BIG THREE productivity killers: Procrastination, poor planning and personal disorganization
- Deadlines: How to tell the real from the phony
- How to turn chaos into momentum when everything happens at once
- 5 steps for improving your personal effectiveness that can have a dramatic impact on all parts of your life
- Small changes to make to your work area that’ll give a big boost to your productivity
- How to hit the ground running your first day back from a business trip or vacation
- Hidden time-wasters: Know how to spot them—and stop them—before they throw a wrench in your day
Handling competing priorities like a pro
- A 6-step ACTION plan for turning priorities into attainable, measurable goals
- 8 foolproof principles for effectively managing competing priorities without sacrificing quality
- What you should delegate and what you should do yourself—a 9-point checklist
- 5 elements of positive self-regard that make you more successful in handling people and projects
- 3 proven methods for keeping interruptions from wreaking havoc on your priorities
Getting organized—so you can get down to business
- How to use the “divide and conquer” strategy of organization
- 9 strategies for taking control of phone calls and voice mails
- Stem the tide of paperwork and electronic documents—”power filing” techniques that’ll automatically supercharge your day
- Multitasking without losing your mind—(myth or reality?)
- Enlist the help of others to stay organized—here’s how
- Creating a “get organized” toolkit that works for you
- Hire your e-mail program as your new “electronic assistant”
- Choose your weapon to fight disorganization: Day planner, calendar, smartphone, personal productivity software—how to decide what works best for you
Project planning: An automatic way to increase your productivity
- The first 3 questions to ask when sorting priorities and setting deadlines
- The quick and easy rule for determining how much time to allow for planning
- When planning really is a waste of time
- Parkinson’s Law: How to apply it to cut the time required for any project
- Understanding every project’s “life cycle”
- Why prioritizing your project’s “Triple Constraints” is critical to success
- Project management tools the pros use: Work Breakdown Structures, Gantt charts and project management software
Managing yourself, people (and even the boss!) for greater results
- Take this quiz to reveal your personality style—and learn how it can kick your productivity into high gear
- “Seek first to understand” your way to better results
- Why “excellence” and “perfection” aren’t synonymous
- 6 recommendations for coping with those who slow you down
- The secret of master diplomats—how and when to say “No”
- 4 discouraging words to eliminate from your vocabulary
- 6 remedies for “hurry sickness”
- What to do when your supervisor micromanages your productivity straight out the door!
- How to handle the challenge of working for multiple bosses—especially when they’re in different locations
- How to dramatically increase your value to your boss and your organization (and be recognized for it)
Don’t let stress control you
- Know what triggers push your “stress buttons”
- Take the test: How vulnerable are you to the negative effects of stress?
- Type A or Type B: Are you letting your personality type “work” for you?
- Why it’s more harmful to avoid stress than to deal with it head-on
- Turning stress into a healthy motivator for getting things done
- The 12-step plan for controlling stress and avoiding burnout
SkillPath's seminars, videos, books and software packages offer expert guidance on everything from how to get the most from the latest version of your favorite computer programs to how to manage people, time, projects or priorities and just about everything in between. At current count, SkillPath's curriculum includes more than 60 different seminar topics and nearly 200 book, audio and video titles.
SKILLPATH GUARANTEES RESULTS If you're not happy, SkillPath is not happy. Go back to work and apply the new techniques you learned in any of SkillPath's seminars. If you're not absolutely delighted with the results you achieve, write to them right away. They will issue you a refund or arrange for you to attend another SkillPath seminar without paying another penny. That's the SkillPath Guarantee!
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received up to five business days before the workshop are refundable, minus a registration service charge, which you may apply toward any future workshop. After that, cancellations are subject to the entire workshop fee, which you may also apply toward a future workshop. Please note that if you don’t cancel and don’t attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
Quote From Past Participants:
"Thank you! I have rededicated myself to change and improvement (especially at work), and now I have great ideas about how to make it happen." -- Total Renal Care
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: