Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Making the Transition To Management Live Online/Virtual
Your former peers are now your direct reports. Do you know how to adopt the mindset of a manager, let go of your previous role and get work done through others? Can you communicate your priorities to your team? Or set mutual goals so you can increase productivity? This basic training for managers provides you with easy-to-apply tools needed to make a successful transition into your new role. In just two days you will master the practical basic management know-how -- and gain the confidence you want -- to plan, organize, coach, motivate, delegate, and communicate in order to be an effective new manager. Keywords: webinar, webinars, establishing credibility, diverse workforce, performance management, management team, gaining respect, establishing authority, delegation. 2 days. CEUs: 1.2. Fee per person: $2345, $2095 for AMA members.
*When registering by phone, use Priority Code: XNNT
AMA (American Management Association International)
Leadership & Management
Who Should Attend?
Newly appointed or prospective managers with less than one year of management experience
We Also Recommend:
Your former peers are now your direct reports. Do you know how to adopt the mindset of a manager, let go of your previous role and get work done through others? Can you communicate your priorities to your team? Or set mutual goals so you can increase productivity?
This basic training for managers provides you with easy-to-apply tools needed to make a successful transition into your new role. In just two days you will master the practical basic management know-how—and gain the confidence you want—to plan, organize, coach, motivate, delegate, and communicate in order to be an effective new manager.
Who Should Attend
Newly appointed or prospective managers with less than one year of management experience who are interested in mastering basic management skills.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT:
- Understand your new managerial responsibilities—and make a quick, effective transition to your new role
- Establish credibility and effective work styles
- Build alliances with peer managers
- Master the basic management concepts of coaching, communication, motivation, delegation and performance management
- Practice your listening and feedback skills
- Become an effective member of the management team
WHAT YOU WILL COVER:
- Adopting a new manager mindset
- Knowing the expectations of your boss, subordinates, peers, and clients
- Understanding the business, yourself, and others
- Building effective relationships
- Identifying communication approaches to flex with different styles and situations
- Using a structured approach to plan and organize work
- Setting SMART goals and initiatives
- Getting an overview of delegation techniques, knowledge, and attitudes
- Applying methods for setting priorities
- Creating solutions to management challenges
- Define Multiple Roles and Responsibilities of a Manager
- Recognize Behaviors and Styles Used By Oneself and Others
- Use Communication Skills to Build Effective Relationships
- Prioritize and Organize Work to Align with Business Needs and Resources
Adopting a Management Mindset
- Recognize Challenges and Opportunities That New Managers Face
- Identify Expectations of Others—Your Boss, Subordinates, Peers, Clients, Etc.
- Define Manager Roles and Responsibilities
- Assess Confidence in Demonstrating Management Competencies
- Determine Appropriate Methods to Manage Boss Relationships
Develop Strategies to Build Effective Relationships
- Identify Your DiSC® Style
- Identify the Styles of Others
- Recognize the Contributions and Challenges of Different Styles
- Describe Foundation Skills for Managers to Communicate Effectively
- Identify Communication Approaches to Flex with Different Styles and Situations
Getting Work Done
- Use a Structured Approach to Plan and Organize Work
- Identify Management Expectations for a Work Assignment
- Apply Methods to Set Priorities
- Apply Solutions to Management Challenges
The American Management Association was founded in 1923. They have built a content control check into every one of their professional seminars. Plus a series of checks and balances to ensure that the content of every AMA seminar is precisely targeted to:
- provide comprehensive, hands-on training that is of practical use when you return to the job
- focus on need-to-know specifics, relevant to the demands of global business today
- offer the expertise and personalized attention of top-ranking instructors
- facilitate your career development and business savvy
Whether you're looking for a solid foundation of business fundamentals or strategies to help you seize growth opportunities for your company, AMA offers expert instruction to help you:
- manage your priorities effectively
- cultivate more productive working relationships
- increase your on-the-job value
- align your skills with marketplace demands
- bring out the best in people, processes and yourself
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy
For Classroom, Live Online, and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed—At AMA, we guarantee the quality of our seminars. In fact, 98% of our participants say they would recommend the course they have taken to their colleagues. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: