Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Assertiveness Skills for Managers Seminar Live or Webinar
Attendees will gain assertiveness skills they need to achieve the recognition they deserve and the admiration of their colleagues. They will learn how to get the results they expect without coming off as heavy-handed, how to actively persuade others without being pushy, and how to handle conflict and crises with confidence. Keywords: webinar, webinars, virtual learning, online learning. 6 CEUs. Fee per person: $199.
Leadership & Management
> Assertiveness Training
Who Should Attend?
If you've ever wanted to be known as the manager who always gets the job done - the professional who's respected company-wide as a polished speaker - or a tenacious negotiator who knows how to drive a bargain - this is the seminar for you. In six hours, you'll gain the assertiveness skills you need to achieve the recognition you deserve and the admiration of your colleagues. You'll discover new ways to get results you expect from employees-without coming off as heavy-handed. You'll learn how to actively persuade others-without being pushy. And you'll build authority-without making enemies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
For professionals who want to fine-tune their management skills and become more assertive without appearing overly aggressive.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT:
- Feel more confident and in control
- Get the credit you deserve for your ideas
- Manage with more authority
- Gain the respect of upper management
WHAT YOU WILL COVER:
MANAGE WITH AUTHORITY
- How to avoid crossing the line between assertive and aggressive behavior
- Discover which of the 3 types of bosses you are with this confidential management survey
- How to exercise your authority without being a tyrant or a taskmaster
- YES! It's all right to show your anger - here's how to do it constructively
- How to confidently handle complaints and criticism from your peers
BECOME A MASTER OF PERSUASION AND NEGOTIATION
- How to powerfully state your opinion without appearing hostile
- A great way to get even the most unbudging opponent to compromise
- The 1 form of persuasion that employees hate and how to avoid using it
- 3 phrases that will instantly dilute any suggestion you make…and what to say instead
- How to involve employees in managerial decision-making without inviting them to usurp your authority
HANDLE CONFLICTS AND CRISES WITH CONFIDENCE
- How to defend yourself without letting your emotions get the best of you
- 3 methods for dealing with aggressive colleagues
- The secret to changing the way you feel about a person or policy you don't agree with
- How to use assertive body language that tells everyone you mean exactly what you say
- How to get employees to solve problems on their own instead of bringing them to you all the time
GAIN SUPPORT AND DEDICATION FROM YOUR STAFF
- The professional way to admit you've made a mistake and move on
- How to defend your employees' actions without damaging your credibility
- Step-by-step guidelines for helping your team meet deadlines when the pressure is on
- How to decisively handle chronic troublemakers who destroy worker loyalty and motivation
- 1 of the more powerful employee motivators that many managers fail to use
- How to put an unpopular decision into effect without damaging employee morale
- How to organize a self-sufficient team you can rely on to get things done - even when you're out of the office
National Seminars Training is focused on meeting the ever-expanding continuing education needs of adult professionals in all industries and professions. Our sole mission is to provide the results-producing training you need, when and where you need it, and at a price that is cost-effective for you and your organization.
National Seminars Training is a d/b/a of The Continuing Education Center, Inc., a subsidiary of the Graceland College Center for Professional Development and Lifelong Learning, Inc. Graceland University, founded in 1895, is a private, four-year liberal arts university whose continuing education outreach is committed to providing high-quality opportunities for ongoing professional development. The Center has helped advance the careers of more than 10 million participants in business training seminars throughout the U.S. and around the world.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
Quote From Past Participants:
"This seminar gave me a solid base I can build upon to become an effective supervisor" - Fullerton Police Department
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: