Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Fundamentals of Successful Project Management Live or Webinar
Learn the secrets to successful project management ... how to create a plan, implement it, monitor progress, correct as necessary and deliver as promised. This two-day workshop will show you how to make projects an orderly progression of completed objectives, instead of a helter-skelter race with disaster. Keywords: webinar, webinars, virtual learning, online learning. Fee per person: $399
Leadership & Management
> Project Management
Who Should Attend?
We Also Recommend:
Fundamentals of Successful Project Management
In this seminar you'll learn …
- How to manage and work on projects while you«re juggling your regular job responsibilities
- How to develop your project plan and get it started in the right direction
- How to apply the universal 6-stage project management model
- How to use 2 types of project reviews to give you early warning of trouble ahead
- And much more
Learn the secrets to successful project management ... how to create a plan, implement it, monitor progress, correct as necessary and deliver as promised. This two-day workshop will show you how to make projects an orderly progression of completed objectives, instead of a helter-skelter race with disaster.
Day one: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Key considerations for project managers
- The 6 unique characteristics that distinguish project management from other responsibilities
- Mastering the 6-stage project management process
- Recognizing the "triple threat" constraints you face with every project you start
- Why deadlines are missed—how to avoid, up front, the single biggest obstacle to meeting the schedule
- Avoiding the 4 most common problems that plague projects
- How to identify and avoid the 3 biggest pitfalls that can keep a project's outcome from living up to expectations
- The 10 commandments for successful project management
- The SMART approach to setting clear goals
The fundamentals of project planning
- The basic purpose of planning
- How to recognize and overcome the barriers to good planning
- When planning really is a waste of time
- The one rule to use for determining how much time to allow for planning
- How to use a simple planning "safety net" to make sure nothing falls through a crack
- Planning the time dimension—how to use PERT, Gantt, CPM—choosing the technique best suited to your needs
- How to estimate a project's cost—4 straightforward methods
- How to efficiently integrate and allocate the resources at your disposal (and how to make a powerful case for more resources when you need them)
- There are 3 commonly accepted ways to provide for contingencies in project plans—we'll show you which one top project managers prefer
Getting down to work
- Individuals receive trophies; teams win championships—how to recruit and select the winning project team
- The 4 staffing rules for building an effective team
- How to instill a high degree of motivation and commitment in team members
- How to get the cooperation and involvement of the critically important "support" team
- Why team member task assignments must include some "give and take"
- How to conduct project meetings that get results
- How to use the WBS system to tie work units to the time dimension
- Choosing the right management tools: Internal integration vs. external integration
- 4 vital "people factors" you must take into account when setting objectives
Day two: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Monitoring and controlling
- How to structure reports for maximum value
- How to determine the kinds of reports you'll want
- What written reports can and cannot tell you
- How to determine how much detail reports should include and what the distribution should be
- Recognizing the built-in bias of the report writer
¥ Using periodic and topical reviews as your "off-course alarm system"
- Communicating and coordinating—how to let everyone on the project know what's expected of them and how they're doing
- How to establish checkpoints and milestones that tell you whether or not your project is on track
Problem solving and troubleshooting
- The 7-step problem-solving formula
- How using a decision tree can often make the solution obvious
- Dealing with the special problems of smaller projects
- How to use the principle of "organized disagreement" to ferret out creative alternatives and solutions
- How to handle the 7 most common sources of conflict in project management situations
- How to get team members to accept changes when necessary
- How to prepare for the changing nature and intensity of conflict as the project progresses
- 9 specific actions you can take immediately to save bogged-down, derailed projects
- How to recognize and deal with the "dirty dozen" project productivity killers
Managing multiple projects
- The one management secret that will always serve you no matter how many "top priorities" you're juggling
- Recognizing which projects must take precedence
- Multi-project reporting systems
Computers and project management
- Recognizing what project management software can do for you—and what it can't
- 7 evaluation criteria to help you select the best software package for your needs
- How to "test the water" before you jump in
Putting it all together
- How to organize what you've learned into your own Project Action Plan
SkillPath's seminars, videos, books and software packages offer expert guidance on everything from how to get the most from the latest version of your favorite computer programs to how to manage people, time, projects or priorities and just about everything in between. At current count, SkillPath's curriculum includes more than 60 different seminar topics and nearly 200 book, audio and video titles.
SKILLPATH GUARANTEES RESULTS If you're not happy, SkillPath is not happy. Go back to work and apply the new techniques you learned in any of SkillPath's seminars. If you're not absolutely delighted with the results you achieve, write to them right away. They will issue you a refund or arrange for you to attend another SkillPath seminar without paying another penny. That's the SkillPath Guarantee!
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received up to five business days before the workshop are refundable, minus a registration service charge, which you may apply toward any future workshop. After that, cancellations are subject to the entire workshop fee, which you may also apply toward a future workshop. Please note that if you don’t cancel and don’t attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: