Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People
PICK A DATE & SIGN UP
- SEE ALL 80 DATES »
- May 23 · FREDERICK, MD
- May 24 · WASHINGTON, DC
- May 30 · ANNAPOLIS, MD
- May 31 · COLUMBIA, MD
- Jun 1 · FREDERICKSBURG, VA
- Jun 4 · LEOMINSTER, MA
- Jun 5 · TAUNTON, MA
- Jun 6 · NEW HAVEN, CT
- Jun 11 · RALEIGH, NC
- Jun 12 · PRESQUE ISLE, ME
- Bring Seminar On-site
Attendees in this one day seminar learn the jargon, standard practices and everyday applications of finance and accounting. Topics include: how to assess the liabilities and payoffs of new ventures, mastering financial lingo and how to prepare a budget. 6 CEUs. Fee per person: $199; $189 each for five or more.
Fred Pryor Seminars
Finance & Accounting
Who Should Attend?
Non-financial managers, supervisors, business owners, professionals
For managers, supervisors, business owners, professionals and executives from non-financial backgrounds - learn the jargon, standard practices, and everyday applications of finance and accounting
Where are they getting those numbers? If you've ever asked that question, you're not alone. Thousands of non-financial people...feel uncomfortable in discussions with financial and accounting specialists. ...don't fully understand financial terminology "buzz words"...don't effectively use budgets, balance sheets, P&L statements, and other financial data.
As a non-financial person, your actions and decisions affect the financial picture. But, if you're making those decisions without a solid knowledge of finance and accounting, you're operating in the dark.
This one-day seminar was developed to meet the specific needs of non-financial people like you. You'll learn the basics of accounting and finance in easy-to-understand layman's terms. What's more, you'll learn how to apply and use the information to operate more efficiently and successfully.
We cover all of the essential elements of finance and accounting in one fast-paced, well-designed day. And, our extensively tested adult learning methods will have you participating and interacting - you'll be on the edge of your seat - not slumped down in it!
- GAAP - understand any kind of financial data better with simple explanations for "Generally Accepted Accounting Principles"
- Understand how everyday business transactions are translated into financial terms, and discover new ways to make your department financially effective
- Accurately assess the liabilities and pay-offs of new ventures with formulas to determine profitability, activity, liquidity, and more
- Master financial lingo with an extensive glossary (presented in clear, easy-to-understand layman's terms)
- Learn the key benefits and drawbacks of purchasing or leasing capital items
- Use a 7-point outline to prepare a budget that becomes a "road map" for future growth in your department
- Learn how to spot trends and growth areas in balance sheets, P&L statements, and other financial documents
- Use 10 ratio analysis formulas to judge how well your organization or department is managed
- Bring the bottom line into clear focus with 5 expert methods to determine profitability
- Express your ideas to senior managers, bankers, comptrollers, and other financial professionals with confidence and ease
- Slash expenses and enhance revenue - you'll learn what you can do to operate more profitably without sacrificing important items
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: