Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
DOT and RCRA Annual Update and Refresher
This course is designed to meet the re-training requirements for RCRA hazardous waste generation employees and DOT hazardous materials handlers cover the latest information on each topic. Register two people get the third person half price. One day, lunch is provided. Fee per person: $549.
Environmental Resource Center - ERC
> Maintenance & Safety
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who requires update training on hazardous waste management or hazardous materials transportation
Are you up-to-date on EPA and DOT regulations?
You will learn ...
- How to avoid the most common violations cited by EPA and DOT
- How to comply with new requirements that have been enacted
over the past year
- The latest Hazmat Security requirements
- Much more while you meet your mandatory training requirements
Who must attend?
Anyone with previous RCRA or DOT training who needs to meet their
recurrent training requirements and learn the latest changes in EPA’s and
RCRA Hazardous Waste Management
- Overview of hazardous waste management requirements
- Waste characterization procedures and recent changes
- Satellite and accumulation point management
- Manifest and land disposal restrictions
- Used oil and other recyclable wastes
- Universal wastes
- How to manage CRTs and other E-waste
- Emergency response: how and when to implement your contingency plan
- What’s new in hazardous waste management
- -New hazardous waste manifest
- -Redefinition of solid waste
- -When in-process material becomes waste
DOT Hazardous Materials Management
- What is a hazardous material: overview and update
- How to select proper packages and ensure they are in good condition and properly closed
- How to mark and label packages
- How to prepare shipping papers
- How to load and segregate hazardous materials
- Vehicle placards
- Hazmat Security
- Safe procedures for handling hazardous materials and HAZMAT incidents
- What’s new in hazardous materials management
- -Samples and diagnostic specimens
- -New marks for limited quantities and air eligible shipments
- -Expanded and revised shipping paper entries
- DOT certification test
Environmental Resource Center has trained thousands of employees from some of the country's largest companies, as well as federal and state government agencies, on all aspects of EPA, OSHA, and DOT regulations. They offer the most comprehensive compliance seminars in the industry and all of their seminars are fully guaranteed.
Their seminars receive excellent reviews from attendees for complete coverage of all applicable regulations, as well as for effective delivery of information. The instructors have actual hands-on experience with the topics they cover. They know what is like to have to comply with the regulations, making them uniquely qualified to train others in the appropriate procedures to follow.
PLEASE NOTE: ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCE CENTER NO LONGER ACCEPTS REGISTRATIONS WITH THE "BILL ME" OPTION. ALL WORKSHOPS MUST BE PAID IN ADVANCE BY CREDIT CARD.
Our instructors are full-time employees of Environmental Resource Center. Many come from corporate environmental management and all have hands-on experience. In addition to receiving rave reviews for knowledge, our instructors receive equally high marks for making the classes entertaining and the complex material easy-to-understand.
Past Participants Include:
- 3M Company
- Abbot Laboratories
- Babcock & Wilcox
- BP Oil Company
- CH2M Hill
- Cargill, Inc.
- Delta Airlines
- Dow Chemical
- Exxon Chemical
- Florida Power
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber
- Helene Curtis
- Kimberly Clark
- Nestle Foods
- New York City DOT
- Olin Corp.
- Owens Corning
- Ralston Purina
- Shell Offshore
- Sony Corporation
- Tupperware Mfg.
- US Air
- US Department of Energy
- Warner Lambert