Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
How to Supervise Bad Attitudes and Negative Behaviors Live or Webinar
Effective Management Techniques that Result in Positive Performance. This dynamic seminar gives you answers to your thorniest questions, quickly and clearly. You'll learn the smart methods that help you get control over the people who plague your workplace without the resentment and anger that some outdated approaches can generate. Best of all, you'll learn how to tailor an individual approach for your employees' unique situations: a custom strategy that greatly increases your chances of success. 6 CEUs. Keywords: webinar, webinars, on demand, virtual learning, virtual classes, online learning. Live Online Seminars earn CEU course credit only. Fee per person: $199; $189 each for five or more.
Fred Pryor Seminars
> Employee Problems
Who Should Attend?
We Also Recommend:
Effective management techniques that result in positive performance
Are you doing the best you can to...
- ...communicate exactly what you expect from others? Learn how to make it "crystal clear" what you expect in productivity, performance, and behavior...no excuses!
- ...spot problems brewing before they "blow up"? You'll learn how to recognize "red flags" that foreshadow serious, developing problems!
- ...counsel employees through temporary "rough spots"? Learn the one-on-one techniques that ensure fleeting problems don't develop into chronic ones!
- ...shield your good employees from the negative effects of unacceptable behavior? Take definitive steps to ensure an "attitude epidemic" doesn't develop in your work group!
- ...protect yourself and your organization from legal hassles? Learn current discipline and termination processes that are fair, safe, and legally airtight.
- ...bring out the best in every person you manage? Discover surprising ideas that can improve even the most hopeless cases...and build your reputation as a manager who can handle anyone!
What it is, and How it Evolves: The hallmarks and causes of bad attitudes and unacceptable behaviors
- Setting the bar: how to easily recognize a discrepancy between performance expectations and actual behavior.
- Rare or repeating? How to know if a problem is a "one-time" occurrence, or a chronic, disruptive behavior (which demands your prompt attention!).
- Backtrack from symptoms to causes: environmental factors that can lead to serious problems.
- Trouble brewing? How astute managers spot performance and behavior problems in their "infancy."
- Are you part of the problem? Insightful self-analysis that gives you an unbiased view of your own role.
- Assessing a problem's severity: how to pinpoint a difficult employee's effect on co-workers and the company...and choose the appropriate course of action.
Taking Effective, Decisive Action: How to manage conflict and counsel for improved performance
- Eliminate the obvious: how to ensure a skill deficiency or lack of resources isn't the source of trouble.
- The "team-play" technique: how to involve the employee in forging a solution (and guarantee they "buy into" the plan!)
- You set the pace: how to "model" a behavior standard that employees respect and imitate!
- "Red flags" that foreshadow serious communication gaps and misunderstandings.
- Communicate through conflict: smart steps to overcome anger, hostility, and high emotions that can arise during counseling.
- Personality conflict? How to deal with this often-misunderstood problem, and forge a truce in the most bitter relationships.
- Coach or counsel? Know the difference between these two vital techniques, and when to use each.
Using Firm, Assertive Tactics: How to discipline to correct performance problems
- Positive Intervention: how savvy managers use this technique to correct even complex performance issues.
- Step-by-step discipline: a formal, progressive process every manager should know, practice, and document...every single time.
- Can you handle it? 3 situations that always require outside intervention.
- Bad attitude...or simply strongly opinionated? How to know when someone "crosses the line."
- Cover yourself! Specific documentation that legally protects you if your actions are questioned later.
- Issuing an airtight warning: essential elements every warning (verbal or written) should contain.
Taking the Last Resort: How to safely terminate employees when all else fails
- When to keep trying, and when to "give up": how to know when you've passed the "point of no return."
- Before blaming and finger-pointing; forcing employees to accept responsibility for the actions that trigger formal termination processes.
- Reacting to serious situations: when immediate termination is warranted, and how to handle these explosive cases.
- Softening the blow: how to terminate without sapping someone's dignity and self-respect.
- Tackling a tough task: how to keep emotions in check and maintain your focus and professionalism when you must terminate.
- Don't say this! Verbal termination flubs that can land you in a lawyer's office!
Recovery and Rebuilding Strategies: Forging ahead after change, upheaval, and problem-solving
- Managing the "survivors": how to prevent a termination from hurting the attitude and morale of co-workers
- How to build the self-respect and value of your good performers...and avoid common "traps" that can harm their performance
- The "Open Communication" model: how you can encourage higher morale and productivity with this tested and proven approach
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: