Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
AMA's Advanced Executive Leadership Program
In this three day session you'll understand what makes a leader, the practices and commitments of effective leadership, how to shape organizational excellence, which global competencies are critical to success today and how to gain personal mastery of your own leadership. Discover the power of emotional intelligence leading with a healthy and wise demeanor. CEUs: 1.8. Keywords: lead, leader, leaders, leadership, change, emotional intelligence, changemaster, vision, values, ethics, ethical leadership. Fee per person: $2895, $2595 for AMA members.
*When registering by phone, use Priority Code: XNNT
AMA (American Management Association International)
Leadership & Management
> Leadership Skills
Who Should Attend?
Executives, directors, managers seeking strong leadership skills
We Also Recommend:
An intensive three-day executive leadership training event that explores your role as a leader, visionary and strategic thinker!
Executive leadership training is the first step on the road to achieving your potential as a leader. You’ll come away with an understanding of what makes executive leadership different from other kinds of leadership roles, how to shape organizational excellence, which global competencies are critical to success today and how to gain personal mastery of your own leadership.
And you will profit from the shared insights and experiences of peers who, like you, are senior managers looking for answers through advanced executive leadership training.
Who Should Attend
Executives, directors and managers seeking executive leadership training to strengthen their skills to help them motivate and inspire others to drive results.
How You Will Benefit
- Become a change master who encourages innovative thought and behavior
- Set the right vision for your team, department and organization
- Understand how to plan for a successful future
- Align the workforce to achieve heightened performance and increased bottom-line results
- Discover the power of emotional intelligence—leading with a healthy and wise demeanor
- Flex your executive leadership styles when there are changes in people and conditions
- Ensure that your behavior is always ethical, reflective of your organization’s values
What You Will Cover
- How to drive change in the workplace by applying actions that address employee doubts
- Applying the concepts of manager vs. leader roles
- How to identify and assess your personal behavioral preferences
- Promoting organizational vision and values through ethical leadership behaviors
- Forming "virtual partnerships" in the work environment
- Performing a situation analysis of various work units to align the organization
- Applying executive leadership concepts in a simulated business case
- Developing a plan for action
Introduction—Building an Agenda for Action
- Effectively Approach the Program and Processes of the Seminar
- Articulate Your Personal Objectives for Learning from the Program and Reach Agreement with Others on the Highest Priorities for the Group as a Whole
- Interact with Other Program Participants, Having Gained Some Perspective on Each Others’ Professional and Personal Lives
- State the Reasons Why Organizations and People Resist Change
- Use Specific "Tactics" to Drive Change and Promote Innovation in the Work Environment
- Apply Leadership Actions That Will Facilitate Change in the Workplace
Vision, Values, and Ethics
- Articulate Clarified Mission and Vision Statements Developed in the Workplace
- Assess Organizational Response from Mission/Vision Work Already Completed
- Articulate the Relationship between Ethics and the Success of a Vision
- Describe Organizational Values
- Plan a Workplace Approach for Promoting Organizational Values through Ethical Leadership Behaviors
Role of the Leader
- Apply Concepts of Manager vs. Leader Roles, Revisited and Reinforced from Other Prior Leadership Learning Experiences
- Differentiate the Learning Environment from the Teaching Environment
- Identify Your Personal Behavioral Preferences and Modify Them Proactively to Increase Your Leadership Effectiveness
- Learn the Principal Concepts That Define and Enhance EQ: Emotional Intelligence
- Identify a Source of Personal Emotional Energy
Risk, Resilience, and Alignment
- Define Motivators in Both Reporting and Non-Reporting Relationships
- Identify Your Executive Leadership Competencies and Target Areas for Improvement
- Assess the Risk-Taking Climate in Your Organization
- Explore the Role of Risk in Building Individual and Organizational Resilience
- Identify Actions to Build Alignment Around the Organizational and Unit Vision
- Apply All Seminar Concepts in a Simulated Case
- Relate Concepts of Team Dynamics to Your Actual Experience
- Recognize Successful Team Behaviors
- Complete a Self-Assessment of Learning from the Seminar
- Identify Strategies for Use Back at Work
- Assess Your Progress in Using Team Decision-Making Skills Learned in The Ethical Challenge
Polish the Plans
- Finalize Specific Actions You Will Take Immediately After the Seminar
- Reinforce the Network of Relationships/Friendships Formed with Other Team Members and the Entire Group
- Celebrate Completion of AMA’s Advanced Executive Leadership Program!
The American Management Association was founded in 1923. They have built a content control check into every one of their professional seminars. Plus a series of checks and balances to ensure that the content of every AMA seminar is precisely targeted to:
- provide comprehensive, hands-on training that is of practical use when you return to the job
- focus on need-to-know specifics, relevant to the demands of global business today
- offer the expertise and personalized attention of top-ranking instructors
- facilitate your career development and business savvy
Whether you're looking for a solid foundation of business fundamentals or strategies to help you seize growth opportunities for your company, AMA offers expert instruction to help you:
- manage your priorities effectively
- cultivate more productive working relationships
- increase your on-the-job value
- align your skills with marketplace demands
- bring out the best in people, processes and yourself
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy
For Classroom, Live Online, and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed—At AMA, we guarantee the quality of our seminars. In fact, 98% of our participants say they would recommend the course they have taken to their colleagues. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: