Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Dealing with Difficult People Live or Webinar
After this seminar you and your staff will be better equipped to: Understand the difficult people in your lives; Learn how they think, what they fear, why they do what they do; Understanding difficult people makes them less frustrating; Know specifically what to do and say. At this seminar you'll concentrate on here's-how-to-do-it techniques. You'll leave knowing how to use these techniques in specific situations, with all types of difficult people. Be less of a target for difficult people. Look at the difficult people in your life. Chances are, at least one person manages to get along with them. You can too. Learn how to derail problem people and teach them to treat you with respect. Bring out the best in people. Let's face it, nobody's difficult all the time (and everybody's difficult some of the time). Your new skills will help you reinforce the most positive behavior in everyone -- at work and at home. 6 CEUs. Keywords: webinar, webinars, on demand, virtual learning, virtual classes, online learning. Live Online Seminars earn CEU course credit only. Fee per person: $149; $139 each for five or more attendees.
Leadership & Management
> Interpersonal Skills
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who must deal with difficult people
We Also Recommend:
Do you recognize these people?
- The Know-It-Alls. They're arrogant, and usually have an opinion on any issue. When they're wrong, they get defensive.
- The Passives. These people never offer ideas, or let you know where they stand.
- The Dictators. They bully and intimidate. They're constantly demanding and brutally critical.
- The Yes People. They agree to any commitment, yet rarely deliver. You can't trust them to follow through.
- The No People. They are quick to point out why something won't work. Worse, they are inflexible.
- The Complainers. Is anything ever right with them? They prefer complaining to finding solutions.
Of course you recognize them. They're the people you work with, sell to, depend on, live with. Learn to deal with them quickly and confidently at "Dealing with Difficult People."
After this seminar you and your staff will be better equipped to:
- Understand the difficult people in your lives. Learn how they think, what they fear, why they do what they do. Understanding difficult people makes them less frustrating.
- Know specifically what to do and say. At this seminar you'll concentrate on here's-how-to-do-it techniques. You'll leave knowing how to use these techniques in specific situations, with all types of difficult people.
- Be less of a target for difficult people. Look at the difficult people in your life. Chances are, at least one person manages to get along with them. You can too. Learn how to derail problem people and teach them to treat you with respect.
- Bring out the best in people. Let's face it, nobody's difficult all the time (and everybody's difficult some of the time). Your new skills will help you reinforce the most positive behavior in everyone -- at work and at home.
How this program is structured ...
It's structured for maximum learning. You'll experience a carefully designed combination of:
Your trainer is skilled at sharing information in a way that's engaging. Just sit back and take it all in.
You do some of those alone, and others with groups or a partner. Don't worry -- no one will be singled out or embarrassed.
Get your questions answered. Share your point of view. These are some of the most stimulating segments of the program.
Understand the difficult people in your life
- The most common mistake well-intentioned people make that actually worsens conflict
- What a team can do with a person who isn't a team player
- The single best response to sarcasm
- 3 ways to get people to keep their word
- How to deal with a person who practices one-upmanship
- When and how to have a third party intervene to resolve a conflict
Know specifically what to do and say
- What to do when someone - even a boss - starts yelling
- What to do when someone takes credit for your idea
- How to determine if a difficult relationship is worth salvaging (and what to do if it isn't)
- The best way to get someone to stop holding a grudge
- Handling the person who says one thing to you but the opposite to someone else
- When and how to go over someone's head to his or her superior
- Dealing with touchy people who take things personally
- How to get your boss to quit procrastinating and make a decision
Be less of a target for difficult people
- What to do when someone criticizes you unfairly
- How to cope with excuse-makers and blamers
- What to do immediately when someone threatens you
- 3 tactics that prevent you from being manipulated by others
- "Hot buttons": how to keep people from pushing yours
- "The boss's favorite": how to cope with the person who's perfect in the boss's eyes -- but doesn't really do his or her share of the work
Bring out the best in people
- How to handle a co-worker who is too competitive
- How to handle someone who wants to get "too personal"
- What to do when somebody makes a promise you suspect he or she won't keep
- How to give an aggressive person an alternative to direct conflict
- The special body positions to use in dealing with specific kinds of difficult people
- 3 tactics that prevent you from being manipulated by others
- Special for managers: how to deal with insubordination, laziness and people who hate their jobs
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
Quote From Past Participants:
"... lots of practical info! I'm excited about developing my plan of action, and will look at my co-workers in a different, more open-minded and caring way."
Senior Benefits Specialist