Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Facilities Management - A 2-Day Comprehensive Course
A two-day comprehensive course that will teach you the techniques used by leading facilities managers to run a safe, cost-effective, and employee-friendly environment. Finally, a course for Facility Managers that addresses the challenges, difficulties, and dilemmas of this demanding position! In this 2 day workshop, prepare to roll up your sleeves and dig in as you master techniques, tools, and new strategies designed to make your job that much easier. We'll cover tough questions on a variety of facility management 'hot buttons' -- OSHA requirements, safety issues, risk/security plans, and more. We'll introduce you to time management tools that will help you get a handle on your day-to-day priorities. You'll learn how other facility managers at top organizations solve problems, deal with crises, and handle complaints. You'll learn how to put a plan for emergencies in place (remember the East Coast blackout in 2003?). And, you'll discover how to decrease your stress levels as you run your facility more efficiently -- without killing yourself by putting in longer hours! Keywords: webinar, webinars, on demand, virtual learning, virtual classes, online learning. Live Online Seminars earn CEU course credit only. Fee per person: $399; $379 each for three or more attendees.
Fred Pryor Seminars
> Maintenance & Safety
Who Should Attend?
A two-day comprehensive course that will teach you the techniques used by leading facilities managers to run a safe, cost-effective, and employee-friendly environment.
Finally, a course for Facility Managers that addresses the challenges, difficulties, and dilemmas of this demanding position!
In this 2 day workshop, prepare to roll up your sleeves and dig in as you master techniques, tools, and new strategies designed to make your job that much easier. We'll cover tough questions on a variety of facility management "hot buttons" -- OSHA requirements, safety issues, risk/security plans, and more. We'll introduce you to time management tools that will help you get a handle on your day-to-day priorities.
You'll learn how other facility managers at top organizations solve problems, deal with crises, and handle complaints. You'll learn how to put a plan for emergencies in place (remember the East Coast blackout in 2003?). And, you'll discover how to decrease your stress levels as you run your facility more efficiently -- without killing yourself by putting in longer hours!
This course is based on "best practices" from top facility managers around the country.
Hundreds of hours of research, study, planning, and fine-tuning go into the production of each of our seminars. This one is no exception. Our course developers have looked at facility management in organizations across the country and analyzed their processes, systems, and approaches. This workshop reflects the latest findings and best practices in facility management today and addresses the up-to-the-minute issues that make this field so difficult to stay on top of.
You'll get tips, tools, and strategies that are proven to work in real-world situations as you learn from case studies and other facility managers' experiences. This course is comprehensive, in-depth, and packed with need-to-know information you can use the very next day you return to your office. Don't miss your chance to attend!
Learn from experts who know the business…
Unlike many seminar leaders chosen for their speaking ability and communication skills alone, our speakers are proven experts in their fields.
This means that your instructor has experience in facilities management and can share his or her knowledge and real life skills with you. Lively discussion, fascinating case studies, experiential activities, and more are all part of the process, and your trainer is skilled at using the latest adult learning techniques to ensure you grasp the most difficult concepts with ease.
Get on board for 2 intensive days of hands-on, in-depth, need-it-now information -- no boring lectures here!
Your role as facility manager
- Discover the characteristics of a successful facility manager and learn ways to adopt them as your own
- Learn how facility management affects the mission of a business
- How to sharpen the leadership skills that are critical to your job as a facility manager
- Learn to apply the principles of ethical leadership to your position
- "Marketing" your facility strategies internally -- how to get the rest of your organization on board with your goals
Facilities management "nuts and bolts"
- When outsourcing should be used and when it is best to use in-house services
- Become familiar with the different types of service organizations and learn to choose providers wisely
- HVAC, security, grounds, cleaning, power, and lighting -- what you need to know to provide exceptional service in each of these critical areas
- "Attractive nuisances" -- You'd be surprised at how many are on your facility's grounds right now!
- 2 basic strategies for forecasting future space needs for your organization
Create a comfortable and efficient work environment for your facility's users
- When space is at a premium, how to "create" more space, manage it, and keep employees comfortable
- The space-standards, sketch, analytical, and comparison methods of determining conventional office space standards
- How to make sure you are meeting or exceeding shared space requirements
- Facility management technology to help you in both day-to-day and long-term operations
- Developing a facility management database containing organization and building-related information
The realities of finance, budgeting, and cost control
- Become familiar with 5 basic financial concepts and how they apply to facilities management
- The 4 stages of business activity -- why it's critical you understand their impact on your department
- Understand the role facility management plays in assessing corporate value
- Discover hidden ways to slash costs and save money without sacrificing quality or service
How to ensure your construction and relocation projects come in on time and on budget
- Discover the 4 basic components in the project delivery cycle
- Learn the 6 phases of the project delivery process and how decisions made in each phase influence all of the phases that follow
- Project management tips to help you stay organized and on top of critical details
- How to create a flow chart that maps your project from initial talks to completion
- Why you must be able to differentiate between project management and strategic planning
Facility and space acquisition - what's the best approach for your situation?
- Buy vs. lease - when it is more advantageous to buy and when leasing makes more sense
- Use the buy vs. lease analysis to determine what's right for your organization
- Discover the important difference between lease administration and property management
- Leasing contract red flags you need to be aware of
- Learn to put the 4 characteristics of a proper lease management system in place
Improving your facility operations, maintenance, and performance
- How to put an effective hazardous waste program into place at your facility
- OSHA compliance - rules and regulations facility managers must be aware of
- Discover the 5 essential elements for an effective disaster recovery plan
- Assess your facility's risk: Learn how to react immediately to a variety of threats
- Emergency procedures and drills your facility users must become familiar with
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: