Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Advanced Leadership Communication Strategies
Through effective leadership communication, motivate action at every level, and influence even the toughest executives, customers, subordinates and stakeholders. You're already successful as a leader and communicator. But now you must exercise greater influence, solve bigger problems and drive unprecedented performance improvements. Superior leadership communication skills are essential. Keywords: communication tools, trust, credibility, rapport, relationships, team commitment. CEUs: 1.8. Fee per person: $2745, $2495 for AMA members.
*When registering by phone, use Priority Code: XNNT
AMA (American Management Association International)
Leadership & Management
> Leadership Skills
Who Should Attend?
This course is for experienced leaders determined to achieve even greater success at the highest levels of their organizations.
We Also Recommend:
Through effective leadership communication, motivate action at every level, and influence even the toughest executives, customers, subordinates and stakeholders.
You’re already successful as a leader and communicator. But now you must exercise greater influence, solve bigger problems and drive unprecedented performance improvements. Superior leadership communication skills are essential.
Who Should Attend
This course is for experienced leaders interested in developing superior leadership communication skills to achieve even greater success at the highest levels of their organizations.
How You Will Benefit
- Discover breakthrough leadership communication techniques for driving business value and becoming a more powerful leader
- Master best practices for influencing peers, managers, subordinates, customers and other stakeholders
- Become more effective at handling your specific challenges, from delivering bad news to increasing team motivation
- Communicate confidently in any environment, from spontaneous “elevator pitches” to high-stakes reports and proposals
- Make the most of today’s electronic communication tools
- Deliver powerful messages that win hearts and minds: messages that are short, simple, strong, credible, tailored to your audience and lead rapidly to action
What You Will Cover
- Influencing employees, customers, partners and stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Developing the trust, credibility, rapport and relationships you need to deliver superior results
- Building consensus, cohesion, buy-in and team commitment
- Organizing and packaging your message for maximum impact
- Overcoming barriers to communication in any environment
- Controlling all elements of your message: written, verbal, visual and symbolic
- Choosing the best tools and channels for delivering messages
- Maximizing your effectiveness with electronic communications
- Successfully communicating in spontaneous situations
Our Framework: The Five Imperatives of Advanced Leadership Communication
- Describe the Model of Leadership Communication
- Describe the Five Imperatives of Advanced Leadership Communication
- Describe the Objectives, Agenda, Methodology and Ground Rules for This Program
- Organize Ideas Using Mind-Mapping
- Pinpoint Your Message’s Desired Outcomes Using a Results Matrix
- Tailor a Message for Your Intended Audience
- Pick the Right Channels Through Which to Send Your Message
- Perfect Your Message Using the KISSSS Principle
- Identify the Characteristics of a Credible Leader
- Demonstrate Caring, Character and Competence in Touch Situations, While Using Appropriate Communication Channels
- Establish Your Credibility Firmly in Order to Persuade Others
Win Hearts and Minds
- Create a Logical Train of Thought to Persuade
- Create a Persuasive Message That Evokes the Right Emotions
- Reframe a Message from Negative to Positive
- Adjust Your Message to Accommodate the Audience’s Needs, Wants and Style
Build Consensus, Commitment and Cooperation
- Craft Messages to Champion Change
- Identify Techniques for Building Consensus in Anticipation of Resistance
- Describe How to Secure Commitment and Corporation Through Change Initiatives
Get Results—In the Face of Resistance
- Describe and Demonstrate How to Handle Resistance
- Describe and Demonstrate How to Manage Conflict
- Describe and Demonstrate How to Mediate a Hostile Dispute
The American Management Association was founded in 1923. They have built a content control check into every one of their professional seminars. Plus a series of checks and balances to ensure that the content of every AMA seminar is precisely targeted to:
- provide comprehensive, hands-on training that is of practical use when you return to the job
- focus on need-to-know specifics, relevant to the demands of global business today
- offer the expertise and personalized attention of top-ranking instructors
- facilitate your career development and business savvy
Whether you're looking for a solid foundation of business fundamentals or strategies to help you seize growth opportunities for your company, AMA offers expert instruction to help you:
- manage your priorities effectively
- cultivate more productive working relationships
- increase your on-the-job value
- align your skills with marketplace demands
- bring out the best in people, processes and yourself
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy
For Classroom, Live Online, and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed—At AMA, we guarantee the quality of our seminars. In fact, 98% of our participants say they would recommend the course they have taken to their colleagues. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: