Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Sales and Use Tax Workshop Live or Webinar
Some sales and use tax seminars offered by other companies give you a cursory overview of sales and use tax with little of the practical, real-world information you need to correctly handle day-to-day tax questions. This seminar is different. At the end of the day, you'll leave with essential information you can put to use right away. You'll understand sales and use tax and be able to apply it correctly for your organization. That's a lot of value for the investment of only one day. 6 CEUs.Keywords: webinar, webinars, on demand, virtual learning, virtual classes, online learning. Live Online Seminars earn CEU course credit only. Fee per person: $149; $139 each for five or more.
Fred Pryor Seminars
Finance & Accounting
Who Should Attend?
Those who need to understand sales and use tax
Cut time, save money, and avoid legal hassles while keeping your bottom line accurate
Get sales and use tax answers that keep your company legal and you out of hot water!
- Receive tips and techniques that may save your organization thousands in penalties
- Gain new insights into the most commonly misunderstood aspects of sales and use taxes
- Learn the sales and use tax requirements in your state and all other jurisdictions where you have tax liability
- Discover where to find the latest changes in sales and use tax laws that govern your industry
- Be able to protect your company against audit surprises
- Explore tax savings opportunities and exemptions you may not be aware of
- Understand how e-trade is affected by sales and use tax
- Find out how to streamline your recordkeeping without putting your company at risk
- And even more you'll put to use immediately on the job!
If you have questions about sales and use tax laws, you're not alone. There are 7,500 different taxing jurisdictions in the United States alone, and they routinely tax the same products differently. It's easy to understand why our sales and use tax laws are considered among the most complicated in the world.
To add to your challenge, state governments are aggressively pursuing new avenues of taxation. Faced with a slumping economy, they want a bigger piece of the revenue pie. Clearly, your job has never been more difficult — or important — to your organization.
Get the information you need — not generalities.
Some sales and use tax seminars offered by other companies give you a cursory overview of sales and use tax with little of the practical, real-world information you need to correctly handle day-to-day tax questions. This seminar is different. At the end of the day, you'll leave with essential information you can put to use right away. You'll understand sales and use tax and be able to apply it correctly for your organization. That's a lot of value for the investment of only one day.
Understand the law and what it means for your company
- The difference between a sales tax and a use tax
- The key factors that determine which tax applies in each situation
- 4 types of tax states and how each affects your legal obligations
- Ways to steer clear of the most common — and costly — use tax pitfall
- How to identify where your company has nexus for sales and use tax purposes
- What constitutes an out-of-state connection strong enough to incur tax collection responsibilities there
Master the mysteries of multi-state transactions
- How to know which tax rate applies when multiple jurisdictions have competing claims
- Internet sales — what the Internet Tax Freedom Act is and how it affects your company
- The possible use of the mail-order use tax on your customers
- How to avoid triggering tax liabilities in other states
- How to know if a vendor is illegally charging you tax
Understand taxation for the most common transactions in your industry
- The correct way to value self-constructed assets for use tax purposes
- Common inventory withdrawals that are subject to use taxes
- The most prevalent filing mistakes and how to prevent themv
- What tax breaks your industry is entitled to
- Providing services — how to know when you're supposed to pay sales tax
- The often misunderstood general rule on taxation of computer software
- The correct way to treat taxation of transportation and shipping charges
Maintain records that stand up under fire in an audit
- The best answer to the question: Why are you doing it that way?
- 2 statements you must never make to an auditor
- Recordkeeping essentials — including exemption documentation
- Best practices to ensure you have the right support in an audit
- Where to look for exemptions and exceptions
- When you are personally liable for tax mistakes and how to make sure this never happens
- What to do immediately if taxes have been overpaid
- The consequences of underpayment — important information about what to expect
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: