Electrical Safety 70E and Arc Flash Protection!
PICK A DATE & SIGN UP
- SEE ALL 73 DATES »
- Dec 20-21 · LITTLE ROCK, AR
- Dec 20-21 · ORANGE COUNTY, CA
- Dec 20-21 · ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL
- Dec 20-21 · BUFFALO, NY
- Dec 20-21 · NASHVILLE, TN
- Dec 20-21 · RICHMOND, VA
- Dec 20-21 · SPOKANE, WA
- Jan 10-11 '18 · INDIANAPOLIS, IN
- Jan 10-11 '18 · MADISON, WI
- Jan 24-25 '18 · MINNEAPOLIS, MN
- Bring Seminar On-site
This program is designed to save lives, prevent disabling injuries, and prevent damage to plants, building and equipment. Based on NFPA 70E, students attending this course will gain an immense respect for the power of electricity. They will learn about personal safety for working on or around electrical systems and equipment, how to use proper materials and procedures for doing electrical work and the potential consequences for themselves or others if they don't. Taught as if they were our own employees, students are given practical instruction that they can immediately apply when they go back to their workplace. This course also helps companies meet their OSHA training obligations as outlined in CFR 1910.331-335. Fee per person: $1100
> Maintenance & Safety
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who works on or around any electrically energized equipment at industrial plants, utilities or commercial and private building facilities
A 2-Day Course Designed to Save Lives, Eliminate Injuries, and
Prevent Damage to Plants, Building and Equipment - a Perennial
Favorite for Students, now Including NFPA 70E® and Arc Flash Protection!
Purpose of Seminar:
This program is designed to save lives, prevent disabling injuries, and prevent damage to plants, building and equipment.
Based on NFPA 70E, students attending this course will gain an immense respect for the power of electricity. They will learn about personal safety for working on or around electrical systems and equipment, how to use proper materials and procedures for doing electrical work – and the potential consequences for themselves or others if they don’t.
Taught as if they were our own employees, students are given practical instruction that they can immediately apply when they go back to their workplace. This course also helps companies’ meet their OSHA training obligations as outlined in CFR 1910.331-335.
Whether your employees are machine operators, maintenance personnel or experienced electricians, this course is an absolute “must” for anyone working on or around electrically energized systems and equipment.
What you will learn:
- How to identify electrical hazards
- The difference between “qualified” and “unqualified” workers
- Safe approach distances to exposed electrical conductors
- Improvements in PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- “Hot Work" rules
- Proper work practices in wet or damp locations
- Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Safety requirements for electrical installations
- Damage caused to equipment from poor electrical safety practices
- Damage caused to people from poor electrical safety practices
- Just how much voltage is too much voltage for the human body to handle
- How OSHA Rules apply to your job & workplace
- What it takes to establish compliance
- OSHA penalties for noncompliance
Who should take this course:
This seminar is a must for anyone who works on or around any electrically energized equipment at industrial plants, utilities or commercial and private building facilities. From machine operators and janitorial personnel, to maintenance workers and experienced electricians – anyone who comes in contact with electrical equipment must receive Electrical Safety training to be in compliance with the requirements of OSHA standard CFR 1910.331-.335. People who will benefit from attending these seminars include…
- All Building Maintenance Personnel
- Plant & Facility Maintenance Personnel
- Environmental Health & Safety Personnel
- Apprentice Electricians who need an Introduction to Electrical Safety
- Experienced Electricians who need a Refresher Course
- Electronic Technicians and Equipment Assemblers
- Machine Operators
- Millwrights, Mechanics & Plumbers
- HVAC Technicians
- Stationary Engineer
- Building Engineers
- Building Managers
- Plant/Facility Superintendents
- Plant/Facility Engineers
Course Outline / Agenda:
- Responsibility for Safety
- Power of Electricity
- Safety Standards NFPA 70E & OSHA
- Identification of Electrical Hazards
- Electrical Shock, Arc and Blast
- Electrical Fires
- Electrical Burns
- Static Electricity
- Accident Prevention
- Emergency Response
- Safe Work Practices
- Electrical Lockout/Tagout
- Confined Space Entry
- Guarding of Live Parts
- Clearance Distances
- Arc Flash & Protective Clothing
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Ladders, Platforms and Tools
- Ground Fault Protection
- Systems & Circuit Grounding
- Temporary Wiring
- Establishing an Electrical Safety Program
- Implementing an Electrical Safety Program
NO RISK REGISTRATION & MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE:
If you're not yet sure you'll be able to attend this seminar, you can still make a reservation to hold your space in class. While payment is due prior to the start of the seminar, you may choose a full refund or credit for cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance. Student substitutions can also be freely made at any time prior to the start of the seminar. Refunds will not be issued for registered attendees who fail to show up and have not given a notice of cancellation.
In the rare event that should you not receive the expected value after attending our seminar, simply notify us in writing of your reasons and your money will be promptly refunded.
TPC Trainco provides live training for maintenance personnel in industrial plants and large facilities. Our one to four day seminars offer intensive, high-impact training that gets workers back to the workplace quickly to apply what they’ve learned. We also provide live on-site training, tailored to each client’s needs and equipment.
As a division of TPC Training Systems, we are an essential part of the total training solution for a better, safer, more efficient workforce.
150K+ Workers trained since 2004
2K+ Seminars nationwide each year
30+ Maintenance topics covered
Our Approach to Training uses live instruction as the most effective way to learn and retain maintenance skills.
Our Instructors are seasoned industry experts and field-experienced educators.
Our Curriculum covers a full range of industrial, facility, and building maintenance topics.
Our Guarantee ensures our training seminars deliver.
Quote From Past Participants:
"I walked out with an interest in living longer." Building Engineer - AAOMS
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: