Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Advanced Microsoft Excel Seminar
An intensive day of training that puts you in command of Excel's most advanced features and functions. Thanks to an exciting training opportunity coming to your area, you can get up to speed fast on the most advanced features for improving your efficiency and expanding your capabilities in Excel. Advanced Training for Microsoft Excel, a comprehensive one-day learning event, has been developed for Excel users who're ready to put this amazing software to work for amazing results. Excel, the longstanding powerhouse of spreadsheet software, is one of the most commonly used business applications on the planet. As an Excel user, you know that the software has unlimited capabilities for making your job easier and less stressful. But learning the countless features available to you can be a daunting task. This workshop will teach you the most advanced features and functions Excel offers -- taking your level of proficiency from basic to advanced. After one day of training you'll be amazed at how this powerful program can work for you. 6 CEUs. Fee per person: $179
Computers & Software
> Programming & Software
Who Should Attend?
This training has been designed for Excel users who're ready to tap into the advanced features and functions for increased efficiency and productivity, and for greater capability to analyze and share data.
An intensive day of training that puts you in command of Excel’s most advanced features and functions
What You'll Learn:
- Use Visual Basic for Applications to create macros that will execute scores of commands with a single click.
- Analyze millions of cell values and distill that data into meaningful information you can use.
- Let VBA walk you through setting up simple macros that can create reports, generate statistics, and develop new data files.
- Build macros that not only create monthly reports but automatically reset each team member’s worksheets with new YTD and quarterly totals.
- Use the Visual Basic Editor to enhance the power and flexibility of your existing macros.
- Create interactive macros that will prompt users for required data and check entries for accuracy.
- Quickly develop dialog sheets with text boxes, radio buttons, check boxes, and pull down lists for more accurate data entry.
- Set macros to utilize logical constructs such as If … Then statements to perform data evaluation and correction for your users.
- Automatically generate reports, graphs, statistics, and totals from data entered by multiple users in a shared workbook.
- Quickly publish your Excel workbook with graphs, charts, and reports as a Web page – complete with interactive options.
- Easily create sophisticated graphs that shine with professional polish with the tips and tricks you’ll learn.
Who Should Attend?
This training has been designed for Excel users who’re ready to tap into the advanced features and functions for increased efficiency and productivity, and for greater capability to analyze and share data.
- Managers and supervisors
- Office managers
- Accounting and finance professionals
- Administrative assistants
- Project managers
- Sales managers
- Business professionals
- Anyone who generates reports, analyzes data, or uses spreadsheets in their work
Easy Editing Techniques
- Using the Advanced Filter and AutoFilter to display the information you need
- Controlling multiple ranges with AutoFill
- Extracting filtered ranges
- Using multiple criteria for creating advanced filters, databases, and list management
- Time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Setting up shared workbooks
- View users sharing a workbook
- Change the updated frequency
- Merging shared files
- Creating pull-down menus for shared workbooks
More Than Your Basic Macro
- Macro review: Running, stopping, and pausing macros
- Assign macros to buttons and objects
- Starting Visual Basic Editor (VBE)
- Using VBE to create new macros and edit existing ones
- Using Variables in macros
- Creating interactive macros
- Debugging macros with the Step feature Editing Steps for Macros
- Editing existing macros from the macros menu
- Editing existing macros using Editor
- Streamlining your access to VBA modules with Project Explorer
- Where to find free Visual Basic Code for macros
Formulas and Functions
- Building complex formulas quickly and easily
- Using the Function Palette and cutting your work time in half
- Using key logic functions If, And, Or, and Not to make data more usable
- Creating conditional formulas
- Using Match, Index, V, and HLookup in large worksheets
- Manipulating text entries with Excel’s extensive set of functions and formulas
Using Analytical Options
- Using Goal Seek and Solver
- Working with the Analysis Toolpak
- Working with scenarios to analyze data and equations
- Working with view options
Advanced Charting, Tables, Databases, and Lists
- Using auditing to create a visual map of your data
- Creating custom charts for added interest and relevance to your reporting
- Exploring database functions
- Working with data forms
- Creating data tables
- How to create and manage PivotCharts and Tables
National Seminars Training is focused on meeting the ever-expanding continuing education needs of adult professionals in all industries and professions. Our sole mission is to provide the results-producing training you need, when and where you need it, and at a price that is cost-effective for you and your organization.
National Seminars Training is a d/b/a of The Continuing Education Center, Inc., a subsidiary of the Graceland College Center for Professional Development and Lifelong Learning, Inc. Graceland University, founded in 1895, is a private, four-year liberal arts university whose continuing education outreach is committed to providing high-quality opportunities for ongoing professional development. The Center has helped advance the careers of more than 10 million participants in business training seminars throughout the U.S. and around the world.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: