Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Leadership and Management Skills for Women Live or Webinar
Become the leader you've always wanted to be! Attend this dynamic, results-oriented leadership training and learn how to: Gain respect through your words, actions, and judicious 'use of power;' Improve your decision-making and problem-solving skills; Shatter the old cliche of the 'aggressive' woman (compared to the 'assertive' man); Motivate and mentor: you and your team will reap the benefits; Tap into the realities of power, politics, and leadership to cultivate and use your influence; Lead in times of crisis by keeping your cool and seeing that others keep theirs; Establish your leadership image by coming across as authoritative, self-possessed, and in control. 6 CEUs. Keywords: webinar, webinars, on demand, virtual learning, virtual classes, online learning. Live Online Seminars earn CEU course credit only. Fee per person: $249; $229 each for three or more from the same company.
Leadership & Management
> Women in Management
Who Should Attend?
Team leaders, managers, supervisors, department heads, small business owners and any woman who has recently stepped into a leadership role will benefit
We Also Recommend:
Discover fresh ideas and new techniques to influence, motivate, and mentor others.
Become the leader you’ve always wanted to be! Attend this dynamic, results-oriented leadership training and learn how to…
- Gain respect through your words, actions, and judicious "use of power"
- Improve your decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Shatter the old cliché of the "aggressive" woman (compared to the "assertive" man)
- Motivate and mentor: you and your team will reap the benefits
- Tap into the realities of power, politics, and leadership to cultivate and use your influence
- Lead in times of crisis by keeping your cool — and seeing that others keep theirs
- Establish your leadership image by coming across as authoritative, self-possessed, and in control
Great leaders bring out the best in others because they know how to build trust, encourage confidence, and command respect. Most important, however, is the ability of great leaders to inspire others to want to follow their initiatives, adapt their ideas, and perform above and beyond their own capabilities on a regular basis. How can you become a more powerful, effective, and respected leader?
Leadership and team building with a woman’s touch ...
This seminar will empower you, inspire you, and boost your confidence as a leader. Through real-world case studies, eye-opening exercises, and spirited discussion, you will learn how to bring out the best in your people, and lead from a position of firmness, fairness, and quiet strength.
- Discover the areas where women traditionally lack leadership skills, and learn how to overcome common obstacles to success
- Take a look at how women leaders at today’s top corporations make the most of their influence and visibility
- See how you can become the type of leader who inspires loyalty, deep commitment, and exceptional achievement
Discover the truth about women and leadership in the 21st century
Over the past two decades, women in the corporate world have made great strides in leadership and team building. There are more women CEOs, more women in leadership roles at major corporations, and more women than ever before in the work force. Despite this, women in leadership roles still face a unique set of challenges, problems, and obstacles. Leadership & Team-Building Skills for Women takes an in-depth look at how you can swiftly develop your skills and become a more powerful, persuasive, and respected leader.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
If you’re a woman who is ready to take the next step in your career, expand your role as a leader within your organization, or improve your decision-making and problem-solving skills, you should attend this leadership training. Team leaders, managers, supervisors, department heads, small business owners — and any woman who has recently stepped into a leadership role — will benefit. This seminar will help participants reach their full leadership potential, acquire the tools and techniques they need to perform their jobs more effectively, and set the course for a brighter career future.
Determining Your Leadership "IQ" — How Much Do You Really Know?
- The characteristics of effective leaders in the 21st century workplace (Hint: they’re not what they once were)
- What women bring to the leadership role: a look at our unique contributions
- How to find out which of the many myths and stereotypes are working against you
- 5 characteristics all successful women leaders share — and how to cultivate them in yourself
Discovering Your Leadership Style — It's as Individual as You Are!
- How to identify your own unique leadership style and use it to your advantage
- Emotional Intelligence: its role in leadership, and why many women have a natural edge here
- A look at personality traits and how they affect leadership style
Positioning Yourself as a Powerful, Effective Leader
- How to overcome fear and female stereotypes
- Tips for adapting your leadership style to either gender
- What you should know about working with different age groups: Veterans, Boomers, Generation X, and Generation Y
- How to use informal lines of power to boost your leadership status
- The art of dealing with power plays — without losing your "femininity"
Strengthening Your Personal Leadership Style
- How to put an end to traditional myths and stereotypes about "women leaders"
- Your leadership "present" and "future" — why you should know and capitalize on the strengths of your leadership style
- The image of a leader — strategies for coming across as authoritative, self-possessed, and in control
- How to become known for your sound decision-making and savvy problem-solving skills
Developing the High-Impact Communication Skills Every Leader Must Have
- The nervous presenter — how to stay calm when presenting ideas to top management and let your natural expertise, professionalism, and style show through
- 5 ways to make a powerful, positive impact at a meeting
- Hints to help you shatter the old cliché of the "aggressive" woman and assert yourself without seeming pushy
Leading Your Team Successfully
- Relationship-building skills that will rally your "troops," boost morale, and get people to trust and respect one another
- Simple techniques that bring out the best in your team members
- Praise, rewards, and recognition — how to show you value your team members and encourage them to perform at their peak
Planning and Organizing — Essential Leadership Skills
- How to quit letting things happen, set goals, and take charge of the future
- Why the superwoman role is a bad idea — and how to set priorities that make sense
- Succession Planning: what it is, why all good leaders use it, and how you can use it too
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: