Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Making the Transition from Staff to Supervisor Live or Webinar
Successfully adjust to the changing expectations of your boss, peers, and subordinates. This supervisory training was specifically designed to address the needs of anyone who is new to managing others. What you learn here will arm you with a powerful new set of skills, strategies, and techniques for dealing with the issues you will encounter as you take on your new position and move forward in your career. You will find out how to relate well to former peers who are now your subordinates, and you’ll learn the communication skills that will help you handle these changing relationships in a way that's comfortable for everyone. You'll discover secrets for motivating and encouraging people to do their 'personal best' for you, and find out how to discipline firmly and fairly, without creating resentment. This supervisory training will not only show you how to positively influence the behavior of your employees, but also reveal ways to handle negative forces such as gossip, rumors, and poor attitudes and put you on course for success! 6 CEUs. Keywords: webinar, webinars, on demand, virtual learning, virtual classes, online learning. Live Online Seminars earn CEU course credit only. Fee per person: $149; $139 each for groups of 5 or more.
Fred Pryor Seminars
Leadership & Management
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is new to managing others
We Also Recommend:
Successfully adjust to the changing expectations of your boss, peers, and subordinates
Have you recently been promoted to a new position as a manager or supervisor?
Moving into a position of authority means meeting new challenges, taking on new responsibilities, and mastering new skills. It also puts you in line for greater rewards at work — including positive recognition from peers and higher-ups, increased job satisfaction, and better benefits. That’s all well and good, but as a new supervisor, you may feel overwhelmed by all your new responsibilities, anxious about the transition, and stressed out about moving from "coworker" to "boss."
You may worry about the way others will react to your new supervisor status ... have concerns about keeping up with a tougher workload ... and wonder how to handle the new tasks you will be faced with: hiring, disciplinary action, even firing.
Training to ease the transition …
This supervisory training was specifically designed to address the needs of anyone who is new to managing others. What you learn here will arm you with a powerful new set of skills, strategies, and techniques for dealing with the issues you will encounter as you take on your new position and move forward in your career.
You will find out how to relate well to former peers who are now your subordinates, and you’ll learn the communication skills that will help you handle these changing relationships in a way that’s comfortable for everyone. You’ll discover secrets for motivating and encouraging people to do their "personal best" for you, and find out how to discipline firmly and fairly, without creating resentment. This supervisory training will not only show you how to positively influence the behavior of your employees, but also reveal ways to handle negative forces such as gossip, rumors, and poor attitudes.
... and put you on course for success!
You'll learn …
- How to communicate more effectively as a new supervisor
- When to be flexible, and when to stand firm
- 5 steps for building trust and gaining respect
- How to develop your own personal management style
- Strategies for motivating others to achieve results
- The truth about discipline — how to handle uncomfortable situations
- What every new supervisor and manager should know about hiring and firing
- Time management skills that really work
- And much, much more!
Managing your new employees …
- Ways to transition from coworker to authority figure without seeming domineering or "bossy"
- How to deal with the person who wanted the job you just got
- Strategies for managing people who have more experience than you do
- How to thrive when your success is based on the accomplishments of your team, not your individual work
- Why you must honestly assess your own behavioral and communication styles — and modify them if necessary
- The key differences between communicating up and down the corporate ladder
- Critical listening skills every successful supervisor must master
- 5 steps for building trust and gaining respect — even among less-than-cooperative employees
- Tips and tools for managing the people you inherited
- Essential skills for building your own "dream team"
- Delegation: why it’s not your chance to give others the jobs you don’t like
- How to set positive examples without seeming saintly
- The secret of success: achieving results through others
- What your employees want from you — and what you can give them
- The art of appreciation — when, where, and how to praise
- How to recognize and motivate underachievers
- The right way to discipline
- From buddy to boss — can we still be friends?
Managing yourself ...
- What do you do now? (The skills that got you here won’t necessarily keep you here)
- How to identify and eliminate your own personal roadblocks to success
- 4 of the most common pitfalls in the transition to management
- The language of supervision — performing a SWOT analysis
- Ways to change your focus from "depth of knowledge" to "breadth of understanding"
- How to manage others successfully when you’re in the dual role of worker and supervisor
- Hiring and firing: what every new supervisor must know about these hot-button topics
- More work, responsibility, and pressure — how to stay on top of everything without losing your cool
- Tips that keep meetings on time, on track, and on target (it isn’t hard if you follow our guidelines!)
- How to develop your own personal plan for professional growth — and stick to it for the long term
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: