Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Maintenance Welding Live or Webinar
Fundamentals, Practical Applications & Best Practices. This course is designed to answer these and other basic questions so that students can go back to their workplace and immediately improve the quality of their welds. That is the purpose of this course. Keywords: webinar, webinars, virtual learning, online learning. Fee per person: $1195
> Maintenance & Safety
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who needs to understand welding practices and procedures, including Welders, Maintenance & Repair Personnel, Multi-Craft Technicians, Fabricators, Maintenance Supervisors & Managers, Inspectors, Anyone whose job involves welding
Fundamentals, Practical Applications & Best Practices
Purpose of Seminar:
This course is designed to answer these and other basic questions so that students can go back to their workplace and immediately improve the quality of their welds. That is the purpose of this course. At an American Trainco seminar, we provide real world training…. for real world needs, to help you in your job today!
- What welding techniques to use for different applications
- How to select between STICK, MIG, TIG and other welding processes
- How to weld on the five primary metals
- How to weld on alloys
- Proper metal filler selection for all applications
- The hazards associated with welding and how to prevent injury to self or others
- What records to keep for maintaining efficiency & reducing costs
What you will learn:
- Welding Techniques
- Welding Processes
- Metal & Filler Selection
- Cutting Processes
- New Fabrications
- Troubleshooting Defects
- Welding Repair
- Personal Safety
- Managing Costs
- Record Keeping
- …..and More
Who should take this course:
This course is designed for anyone who needs to understand welding practices and procedures. Attendees come from a wide variety of industries, skill-levels, company sizes, and backgrounds, so if you’re not sure you will fit in or benefit from the class, don’t worry – you will – as long as your job involves welding. But if you still have doubts, remember our no-risk registration and money-back guarantee.
People who will benefit from attending this seminar include:
- All Welders
- Maintenance & Repair Personnel
- Multi-Craft Technicians
- Maintenance Supervisors & Managers
- Anyone whose job involves welding
What you will take home:
- American Trainco Seminar Manual - detailing all presentation material covered n the class
- Personalized Training Certificate with 1.4 American Trainco Continuing Education Units for attending this two-day seminar, approved by the Maintenance Training Association of the Americas
- All the information you need from asking our instructors specific questions about your own equipment or facility
Course Outline / Agenda:
Techniques in Welding
- -Butt Joint
- -Lap Joint
- -Complete joint penetration
- -Partial joint penetration
- -Welding position, flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead
Types of Welding Processes
- -STICK (SMAW)
- -MIG (GMAW)
- -TIG (GTAW)
- -Other; Flux Cored (FCAW) and Oxyacetylene
How to Weld on Steel
- -Steel and its alloys
- -Selection of welding processes
- -Best practices for welding on steel
How to weld on Aluminum alloys
- -Selection of welding processes
- -Filler metals for Aluminum alloys
- -Best practices for welding on Aluminum alloys
How to Weld on Stainless Steel
- -Types of Stainless steel
- -Filler metal selection for stainless steel
- -Best practices for welding on Stainless Steel
How to Weld Repair Cast Iron
- -Problems in Welding Cast Iron
- -Filler metal Selection
- -Best Practices for Welding Cast Iron
Welding and Brazing on Copper and Copper Alloys
- -Welding and Brazing on Cast and Wrought Products
- -Filler metal selection
- -Best practices for welding on copper and alloys
Review of Cutting Processes for Maintenance Welding
- -Plasma machines
- -Heat Protection
- -Electrical Shock
- -Radiation Protection
- -Hearing Protection
- -Smoke and Fume Protection
Welding Costs and Records
- -Use of Welding Codes
- -Personnel Certification
- -Written Welding Procedures
- -Welding costs direct and hidden
NO RISK REGISTRATION & MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE:
If you're not yet sure you'll be able to attend this seminar, you can still make a reservation to hold your space in class. While payment is due prior to the start of the seminar, you may choose a full refund or credit for cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance. Student substitutions can also be freely made at any time prior to the start of the seminar. Refunds will not be issued for registered attendees who fail to show up and have not given a notice of cancellation.
In the rare event that should you not receive the expected value after attending our seminar, simply notify us in writing of your reasons and your money will be promptly refunded.
TPC Trainco provides live training for maintenance personnel in industrial plants and large facilities. Our one to four day seminars offer intensive, high-impact training that gets workers back to the workplace quickly to apply what they’ve learned. We also provide live on-site training, tailored to each client’s needs and equipment.
As a division of TPC Training Systems, we are an essential part of the total training solution for a better, safer, more efficient workforce.
150K+ Workers trained since 2004
2K+ Seminars nationwide each year
30+ Maintenance topics covered
Our Approach to Training uses live instruction as the most effective way to learn and retain maintenance skills.
Our Instructors are seasoned industry experts and field-experienced educators.
Our Curriculum covers a full range of industrial, facility, and building maintenance topics.
Our Guarantee ensures our training seminars deliver.
This seminar is offered as an on-demand webinar. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: