Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Developing Emotional IQ Seminar Live or Webinar
Unless you work in a vacuum, you have to deal with people -- all kinds of people. From the outrageous drama queens to the back-stabbers and turf-guarders to the ordinary hard-working co-workers who'd love to help you out -- but just can't find the time -- you're going to have to work with all of them at one point or another. Using the emotional intelligence skills you'll learn during this seminar, you'll gain the ability to more appropriately respond to the world around you and eliminate the stress and frustration that often comes from working with others. Join us, and discover exactly what emotional intelligence is -- why it's recognized as one of the hottest performance tools for thousands of success-minded people like you -- and how you can easily 'raise' your E.I. to stand out from the crowd. 6 CEUs. Keywords: webinar, webinars, virtual learning, online learning. Fee per person: $149
Leadership & Management
> Interpersonal Skills
Who Should Attend?
Those who want to learn the benefits of using emotional intelligence to make themselves and others more effective at work
We Also Recommend:
The Key to Working More Effectively With All Types of People
Learn why Emotional Intelligence is so important to your career – and how easily you can develop yours!
Researchers and business experts agree that people with high emotional intelligence (E.I.) are consistently the top performers in their organizations. They’re more resilient and flexible when things get tough, and are held in the highest regard by their bosses, peers, co-workers, and others. In this powerful one-day seminar, you’ll learn why emotional intelligence is far more than just a handy set of “people skills,” and why many executives feel it’s the one skill you must have to be successful in today’s workplace!
Discover a foolproof method for working more effectively with anyone!
Attend, and you’ll learn how to …
- Gain respect from everyone you come into contact with
- Achieve consensus among your teammates and co-workers, faster and without misunderstandings
- Understand your emotions and influence the emotions of others in a positive way
- Overcome the causes of difficult behaviors in others
- Get the results that you want from others
It’s a day of training that will forever change the way you work!
So what’s it going to be? Struggling with the status quo or taking that first step toward mega-productivity and communication skills that really work in today’s office environment? Make the right choice – enroll in this powerful communication seminar today and start reaping the rewards tomorrow!
What You'll Learn:
- Communicate with diplomacy and tact in every situation
- Take control in emotionally charged situations before they get out of hand
- More easily resolve problems with customers, bosses, co-workers, and others
- Eliminate uncomfortable tensions that arise when misunderstandings occur
- Increase your visibility in the eyes of your bosses
- Be someone who can be trusted to handle more responsibility
- Build an instant rapport with others
- Use calming techniques that will instantly eliminate stress and frustration
- Communicate constructively in a way that doesn’t end up causing anger, resentment, or hurt feelings
- Improve your results when working with people whose communication and work styles are different from yours
This list just scratches the surface of the benefits of using emotional intelligence to make yourself – and others – more effective at work. To learn more, enroll in this dynamic training event today!
The Rise of Emotional Intelligence and Its Importance in the Workplace
- Identifying and understanding the 4 main components of emotional intelligence (E.I.)
- Why emotional intelligence is vital to succeeding in today’s workplace
- The top 3 reasons you need E.I. to reach your full potential
- How strengthening your emotional intelligence will have a lasting, positive effect on you … your team … your department … and your organization
Increasing Interpersonal Success Through Self-Awareness
- Taking the first step: Measuring your own emotional intelligence
- Tips for developing emotional intelligence
- Exploring your emotions: Becoming familiar with your psychological and physical reactions
- Analyzing various communication styles and recognizing your own
Self-Management Skills That Will Keep You in Control
- Strategies to help you manage your emotions
- How to stop your emotions from hijacking your ability to think in difficult situations
- How to keep emotions from causing you to react without reason in the moment
- Learning to maintain control of your emotions no matter how tense the situation
- Self-regulation methods that will work every time – even when you think you’re going over the edge!
Building a “Sixth Sense” to See Problems Before They Happen
- Learn when your emotions can be your greatest asset – and when they’re your greatest liability
- How to immediately and accurately read and identify other people’s emotions
- Why certain emotions make people do what they do
- Understanding the causes of each emotion and how you can turn them to your advantage
- How to identify – and identify with – other people’s emotional states
- Learn why having empathy for others is NOT a sign of weakness
- Use empathy to understand different perspectives
- What’s really being said? Essential active listening strategies
- Listening to the unspoken: Body language and what it means
- Recognizing trigger words, non-verbal cues, and emotionally sensitive situations
- Questions you can ask others to more quickly and easily reach consensus
- Strategies for effectively interacting with communication styles different from your own
Using Emotional Intelligence to Create a Positive Work Environment for Continued Career Success
- Know how to use awareness of emotions to manage your relationships with colleagues
- Using emotional intelligence to help create a powerful and positive work environment that allows everyone to succeed
- How E.I. can be used to motivate and inspire
- Use E.I. to be flexible and more easily adapt to change
- Using E.I. to analyze problems from more than one perspective in order to find the best solution
- Know how to use E.I. to influence and build consensus
- Know how to manage emotions in decision making – when to consider your head and when to consider your heart
- Use emotional intelligence to interact with your team and enhance group dynamics
Using Emotional Intelligence in Times of Conflict and Other Difficult Situations
- 5 ways to control your emotions when you feel like you’re on the verge of losing it
- 8 foolproof stress-busters that will help you remain calm, cool, and collected all the time
- How to walk the tightrope between empathizing with someone’s emotional state and contributing to their problem
- Knowing exactly what questions to ask to instantly get to the root of a messy situation
- Tough and emotional situations that many people trip over when trying to work with others
National Seminars Training is focused on meeting the ever-expanding continuing education needs of adult professionals in all industries and professions. Our sole mission is to provide the results-producing training you need, when and where you need it, and at a price that is cost-effective for you and your organization.
National Seminars Training is a d/b/a of The Continuing Education Center, Inc., a subsidiary of the Graceland College Center for Professional Development and Lifelong Learning, Inc. Graceland University, founded in 1895, is a private, four-year liberal arts university whose continuing education outreach is committed to providing high-quality opportunities for ongoing professional development. The Center has helped advance the careers of more than 10 million participants in business training seminars throughout the U.S. and around the world.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.