Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Human Resources for Anyone w/ New HR Responsibilities Live or Webinar
A crash course covering key issues, basic laws, and best practices. This information-packed seminar was designed to deliver the most information in the least amount of time. From legislation affecting OSHA, COBRA, FLSA, ADA, FMLA, and HIPAA to the best practices in benefits, recordkeeping, hiring, firing, and discrimination, this course is a comprehensive primer on all the issues you'll face as you meet the daily new challenges of the HR professional. In just one intensive day of training, you'll learn: Benefits basics, including workers' comp, FMLA, COBRA, and exempt vs. non-exempt status; Recordkeeping 101: what to save (and for how long), what to toss, and what to shred; Best ways to establish and maintain employee confidentiality; The essentials of employee coaching, counseling, and discipline; Critical, need-to-know legal info about hiring and firing. 6 CEUs. Keywords: webinar, webinars, on demand, virtual learning, virtual classes, online learning. Live Online Seminars earn CEU course credit only. Fee per person: $149; $139 each for five or more.
Fred Pryor Seminars
Who Should Attend?
If you're new to HR or you've recently taken on HR commitments as part of your job, this training is an exciting 'crash course' in the basics!
We Also Recommend:
A crash course covering key issues, basic laws, and best practices
If you're new to HR or you've recently taken on HR commitments as part of your job, this training is an exciting "crash course" in the basics!
In just one intensive day of training, you'll learn …
- Benefits basics, including workers' comp, FMLA, COBRA, and exempt vs. non-exempt status
- Recordkeeping 101: what to save (and for how long), what to toss, and what to shred
- Best ways to establish and maintain employee confidentiality
- The essentials of employee coaching, counseling, and discipline
- Critical, need-to-know legal info about hiring and firing
Spend a day with us ... and get on-the-mark training that guarantees you success in your HR career!
When it comes to Human Resources, you've got to know your stuff. Your organization and its employees are depending on you to provide accurate information, advice, and answers on everything from government regulatory issues and benefits administration to the finer points of the employee handbook. You've also got to be current on all the latest HR legal issues, be available as a knowledgeable resource for employees, be able to mediate internal conflicts and disputes, and be prepared to hire and fire personnel as necessary.
You've got your work cut out for you, but we can help! This information-packed seminar was designed to deliver the most information in the least amount of time. From legislation affecting OSHA, COBRA, FLSA, ADA, FMLA, and HIPAA to the best practices in benefits, recordkeeping, hiring, firing, and discrimination, this course is a comprehensive primer on all the issues you'll face as you meet the daily new challenges of the HR professional.
Quick Quiz: How well do you know HR?
What are the "best practices" that will keep your organization out of legal hot water?
As an HR professional, how should you respond to a charge of sexual harassment within your organization?
True or false? You can legally ask an applicant about the reasons for leaving a previous job.
Do you know the legal guidelines for making changes to the employee manual?
How can you be sure to stay in compliance with HIPAA's privacy guidelines?
What are the proper destruction and disposal methods for files and records that are no longer needed?
How long should you retain personnel records after employees leave your company?
What steps should you take during an employee's termination process to avoid a wrongful discharge lawsuit?
How did you do? If you hesitated on even one of these questions, don't wait to sign up for this training! Keeping up with the latest legal trends, changes in best practices, legislative updates, and court rulings is a tough job for even the most seasoned HR veteran ... let alone someone who's new to the field! Attend this powerful training and become a more effective, productive, and knowledgeable HR professional in just one day!
Laws and Practices that Comply
- Safe Hiring and Firing Practices
- Benefits Administration
- Recordkeeping and Records Retentions
Laws and Practices that Comply: How to Stay on Top of Federal Rules and Regulations
- The laws every HR professional should know regarding FLSA, EEO, OSHA, FMLA, ADA, and HIPAA
- Smart practices that will keep your organization out of legal trouble and minimize liability
- Are your current practices legally sound? How to troubleshoot potential legal hot spots and avoid the courtroom
- Tips for educating employees on written — and unwritten — company policies
- The training every employee must receive to ensure safe and legal procedures within your organization
Safe Hiring and Firing Practices: Critical Legal Issues for All HR Professionals
- Legal hiring practices — what you may and may not ask in an interview (and why)
- Before you make the offer: a checklist of steps every HR professional must take before hiring
- References, background checks, and drug tests — the legally safe way to get the information you need
- Guidelines for legal termination of an employee
- Legally correct documentation — and how long to keep information in the employee file
Benefits Administration: Policies and Procedures to Help You Help Your Employees
- Benefits essentials such as workers' compensation, FMLA, and COBRA
- Types of benefits and how to educate employees on their eligibility
- Exempt, non-exempt, part-time, contractor, temporary — the key differences amont these employee classifications
- Ways to get employees to see the HR department as a positive resource
- Steps to take when benefits change ... for the better or the worse
Recordkeeping and Records Retention: How to Create an Efficient, Effective, and Legally Compliant Program
- A list of employee records you must have access to at all times
- Records the government requires — and how to prepare for an audit
- Employee files: what goes in, what stays out, and who has access
- Storage methods for keeping confidential records safe and secure
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: