Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Developing Emotional Intelligence Live or Webinar
If you're looking for a way to improve your relationships across your organization, understand how and why others behave the way they do, and achieve greater success in all your job-related endeavors, this seminar is one you don't want to miss. Unlike your IQ, which is set by the time you are a teenager, your emotional intelligence (EQ) can be improved upon throughout your lifetime. When you attend Developing Emotional Intelligence, you'll gain the knowledge and skills you need to transform the way you interact with and respond to others. You will discover how to: Evaluate your current level of emotional intelligence; Identify your communication strengths and weaknesses; Overcome personal beliefs that might be holding you back; Understand how your emotions affect others -- and how their emotions affect you. You will learn to communicate more openly, deal constructively with resistance and disruptive team behavior, and understand the triggers that spark both positive and negative reactions. Whether you are a team leader or a team member, the skills you'll master will make team meetings, projects and presentations, discussions, and collaboration that much easier. Keywords: webinar, webinars, on demand, virtual learning, virtual classes, online learning. Live Online Seminars earn CEU course credit only. Fee per person: $149; $139 each for five or more.
Fred Pryor Seminars
Leadership & Management
> Interpersonal Skills
Who Should Attend?
We Also Recommend:
Learn how to interact, communicate, and collaborate successfully with all types of people
Boost your emotional intelligence … enhance your workplace relationships … and turbo-charge your career!
There's a lot of buzz centered around emotional intelligence in the workplace right now, and with good reason. Cutting-edge research into emotional intelligence has shown that it plays a critical role in higher productivity, performance, and job satisfaction. People who have a high level of emotional intelligence are more confident, more capable, and earn greater respect from their colleagues. They are also better able to stay calm, flexible, and focused when workplace crises hit and panic threatens to set in.
What exactly is "emotional intelligence"?
Quite simply, emotional intelligence is a set of competencies that enhance your ability to relate positively to others in the workplace. People with high emotional intelligence are adept at using empathy and constructive communication to create a collaborative, cooperative work environment. They naturally relate well to others; are able to accomplish more through encouragement and persuasion; and excel at inspiring, guiding, and leading others to achieve their best work. As performers, they tend to be flexible, adaptive, self-motivated, and confident.
If you're looking for a way to improve your relationships across your organization, understand how and why others behave the way they do, and achieve greater success in all your job-related endeavors, this seminar is one you don't want to miss.
Unlike your IQ, which is set by the time you are a teenager, your emotional intelligence (EQ) can be improved upon throughout your lifetime. When you attend Developing Emotional Intelligence, you'll gain the knowledge and skills you need to transform the way you interact with and respond to others.
You will discover how to:
- Evaluate your current level of emotional intelligence
- Identify your communication strengths and weaknesses
- Overcome personal beliefs that might be holding you back
- Understand how your emotions affect others — and how their emotions affect you
How does emotional intelligence correspond to workplace success?
Studies have shown that emotional intelligence can have a profound effect on a person's ability to create more rewarding, collaborative, and satisfying workplace relationships. This, in turn, leads to greater productivity, reduced stress and anxiety, higher levels of performance, and a greater sense of teamwork and camaraderie — all critical components of a successful, productive workplace.
When companies hire based on emotional intelligence competencies — like initiative, self-confidence, and leadership — turnover rates drop, productivity levels rise, and profits tend to increase.
Super-effective for team environments!
Team dynamics depend on high levels of emotional intelligence, and what you learn here will give you the skills, tools, and strategies to help any team function more effectively.
You will learn to communicate more openly, deal constructively with resistance and disruptive team behavior, and understand the triggers that spark both positive and negative reactions. Whether you are a team leader or a team member, the skills you'll master will make team meetings, projects and presentations, discussions, and collaboration that much easier.
The Definition of Intelligence
- How to define intelligence: What determines a high IQ?
- Key characteristics of emotional intelligence
Self-Awareness and Emotional Intelligence
- Your personal style and how it affects your relationships with others
- Extravert, introvert, thinker, feeler — where do you fall among these four commonly recognized personality traits?
- How do your preferences impact your effectiveness with other people?
- Self-awareness: the first key step in developing a higher EQ
- The Self-Assessment Checklist will help you determine your current emotional intelligence
- The undeniable benefits of improved emotional intelligence
- How to seek feedback to improve your self-awareness
Self-Control and Managing Emotions
- How your right brain and left brain work together — and against each other — to affect your emotional reactions
- Leadership and emotional intelligence: how they are related
- Beliefs and their incredible effect on your emotions and behaviors
- How to handle irrational thinking and overcome negative emotions
Attitude and Motivation
- Techniques to identify your opportunities to grow and move forward
- Attitude, ability, and motivation … how emotions affect them all
- How to use motivation to overcome the negative thoughts that hold us back
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs Motivation Model — What's affecting your aims and drives?
- Optimism and pessimism — the role they play in your successes and failures
- Attitude adjustment: How to change your attitude from negative to positive (it can be done!)
- Set SMART goals to develop professionally and personally
Social Competency: Enhance Your Ability to Understand and Influence Others
- The importance of empathy in communicating, understanding, listening, establishing rapport, and relationship building
- The role of establishing rapport in building relationships
- Are you politically aware? Political savvy and its place in your professional success
- Keys to communicating effectively with all types of personalities
- How to master the art of listening and hear what's not being said
- Body language: How your nonverbal cues affect the message you're trying to send — and how to interpret what others are saying with their body language
- How to adapt your voice to convey the message you really mean
- Ways to use EQ for team-building: competencies of high-performing teams and their members
- Dimensions of emotional intelligence: an action plan for the future
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: