The Controller's Workshop
PICK A DATE & SIGN UP
- SEE ALL 46 DATES »
- Jan 22 · LAS VEGAS, NV
- Jan 23 · ONTARIO, CA
- Jan 24 · ANAHEIM, CA
- Jan 25 · CARLSBAD, CA
- Jan 26 · SAN DIEGO, CA
- Feb 6 · MCALLEN, TX
- Feb 7 · SAN ANTONIO, TX
- Feb 8 · PORTLAND, OR
- Feb 8 · AUSTIN, TX
- Feb 9 · HOUSTON, TX
- Bring Seminar On-site
The Controller's Workshop is an intensive, fast-paced look at how to improve your day-to-day job performance by working smarter -- not harder or longer (you already put in enough hours in a day!). You'll discover an incredible amount of information, ideas, how-to's, and tools for improving your accounting team's performance, enhancing your financial reporting skills, maintaining successful internal controls, monitoring cash flow, controlling costs, and much, much more. Join your peers for a powerful day of results-focused learning! This workshop is a golden opportunity for you to join other controllers who share your on-the-job responsibilities, challenges, triumphs, and frustrations. It's a day designed to deliver the training you need to streamline your processes and procedures, explore new ideas and strategies for improving productivity, and become a more effective leader, manager, and communicator. Fee per person: $199; $189 each for five or more.
Finance & Accounting
Who Should Attend?
Develop up-to-date policies and procedures to gain control of costs and accurately analyze your organization's financial performance
Behind every successful organization, there's a great financial manager
Your job as your organization's controller means that it's up to you to juggle people, projects, finances, budgets, and purchases … not to mention other critical duties like staying on top of state and federal regulatory agency requirements, providing complex financial data at a moment's notice, and overseeing the financial policies and direction of your organization.
Managers, CEOs, CFOs, investors, and company stakeholders — all depend on the accurate financial data, forecasting, analysis, and reporting that controllers provide.
How can you work more effectively? Do your job more efficiently? How do other controllers at some of today's largest organizations manage their myriad of responsibilities (while keeping their sanity!)? What are the latest and greatest "best practices" you can adopt to make your own job easier?
The Controller's Workshop is an intensive, fast-paced look at how to improve your day-to-day job performance by working smarter — not harder or longer (you already put in enough hours in a day!). You'll discover an incredible amount of information, ideas, how-to's, and tools for improving your accounting team's performance, enhancing your financial reporting skills, maintaining successful internal controls, monitoring cash flow, controlling costs, and much, much more.
Join your peers for a powerful day of results-focused learning!
This workshop is a golden opportunity for you to join other controllers who share your on-the-job responsibilities, challenges, triumphs, and frustrations. It's a day designed to deliver the training you need to streamline your processes and procedures, explore new ideas and strategies for improving productivity, and become a more effective leader, manager, and communicator.
Keep your finger on the financial pulse of your organization
As the driving force behind your organization's financial performance, it's up to you to develop and maintain the systems, policies, and procedures that ensure accurate reporting, analysis, evaluations, and asset management. The Controller's Workshop will help you:
- Evaluate your current accounting policies and procedures, and revise them if necessary
- Establish an effective internal controls framework
- Use forecasting tools to create a more accurate financial picture
- Utilize pricing models to price products and services
- Accurately track costs to maintain optimum cash flow
- Quickly identify and mitigate fraud within your organization
Your business looks to you for financial leadership. This intensive workshop will help you tackle a broad range of financial issues head on, from monitoring controls and cash flow to advising upper management on purchases, hiring, expansion, and other areas that are directly affected by financial performance.
Enhance your reputation as a first-rate controller
- How to use the expectations of your stakeholders to successfully define your role as controller
- Tips for "marketing yourself" to your organization's top executives and increasing your value
- What CEOs and CFOs really want and expect from the controller at their organization — and learn how to give it to them!
- How to let non-financial staff members know what they can do to make your job easier
Effective operations: heading up your accounting team
- How to ensure the structure of accounting operations aligns with the goals and objectives of the organization
- 5 ways to ensure that your accounting team enjoys greater job satisfaction
- 8 critical directives for establishing effective accounting policies and procedures
- Tips for identifying and capitalizing on your accounting department's strengths
- Do your outsourcing contracts align with the needs of your organization? How to ensure you've chosen the right outsourcing partner
Reporting: strategies to streamline, organize, and improve performance
- 8 keys to a faster end-of-month close
- 3 steps that will help you become an expert on complex accounting matters
- Ways to safeguard and protect any judgmental accounting, reporting, and disclosure decisions you make
- When general accounting principles aren't enough — how to use advanced analysis and forecasting tools to tell the true story of your company's health and performance
- How to accurately track costs to maintain optimum cash flow
- How to use the Variance Report as a tool in building your budget
- What you need to be aware of to price products and services accurately
Internal Controls: how to improve processes and procedures
- Tools, tips, and strategies for establishing a rock-solid internal control framework
- Preparation techniques that will set you up for a successful audit
- How to respond appropriately to audit findings and results
- Leverage a successful audit and internal control structure to increase your worth and value to your company
Fraud identification and mitigation
- Who in your organization is capable of fraud? The answers may surprise you!
- The fraud triangle: Perceived Pressure; Rationalization; Perceived Opportunity
- Accounting and analytical anomalies that may indicate trouble
- Out-of-the-ordinary spending habits, extravagance, unusual behavior, and other employee red flags that may point to fraudulent activities
Communicating effectively with non-financial professionals
- Key terms non-financial people must understand to ensure accuracy and consistency
- 3 ways you can encourage your staff to help make your job easier and less stressful
- Is there a financial "language gap" in your organization? We'll show you how to close it
- Methods to simplify your presentation style and create more user-friendly documents
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: