Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
How to Become a Great Communicator Live or Webinar
Simple techniques to improve interoffice correspondence and relationships. Your interpersonal skills: career maker or breaker? Experts agree that your professional success depends primarily on your human relations skills. To see the truth in this, consider the 'fast-track' professionals you know. It's not necessarily technical expertise, hard knowledge, or even superior intelligence that makes them so effective in their roles. It's their exceptional skill in handling people and situations the kind of skill that propels careers, boosts productivity, and ensures job satisfaction. Attend this powerful one-day seminar, and you'll be empowered to increase the level of help and support you get from employees, coworkers, and managers and project an impressive image of self-confidence, professionalism, and competency. Keywords: webinar, webinars, online learning, virtual learning. Fee per person: $149; $139 each for five or more.
Fred Pryor Seminars
Leadership & Management
> Interpersonal Skills
Who Should Attend?
We Also Recommend:
Simple techniques to improve interoffice correspondence and relationships
Your interpersonal skills: career maker or breaker?
Experts agree that your professional success depends primarily on your human relations skills.
To see the truth in this, consider the "fast-track" professionals you know. It's not necessarily technical expertise, hard knowledge, or even superior intelligence that makes them so effective in their roles. It's their exceptional skill in handling people and situations — the kind of skill that propels careers, boosts productivity, and ensures job satisfaction.
Attend this powerful one-day seminar, and you'll be empowered to …
- Increase the level of help and support you get from employees, coworkers, and managers
- Project an impressive image of self-confidence, professionalism, and competency
- Take more satisfaction from your job, and increase your sense of achievement at work
- End the stress that difficult people and negative situations cause you
- See your opinions and ideas accepted, acted on, and implemented
- Influence your promotions, raises, responsibilities, and future career path
Whether you work with only a few people or manage hundreds, the down-to-earth principles you'll learn will enable you to handle anyone in any situation with more dexterity and skill.
How to Become a Great Communicator — Seminar Overview
Making a Strong, Positive Impact on Others
- Vital interpersonal skills shared by the most successful professionals (and how to incorporate them into your own work style!)
- How people respond to you, and what makes them act and react the way they do
- A test on 15 essential "people skills" that can help you discover your hidden strengths and weaknesses
- How to recover quickly from a blunder … and how to react when others make a mistake
- Why you must learn to work with yourself: work patterns for successful self-direction
Reading People: Tailoring Your Approach to Individuals
- An easy assessment to pinpoint anyone's personality type … so that you can customize your approach
- The "unwritten" behavioral rules in your workplace: how to determine what's acceptable — and what's not — within your particular organization
- How to fit in with any group of people … no matter how little you may have in common!
- Personal and confidential: what to do if others expect you to keep something quiet or cover up for them at work
- Strategies for dealing with people and situations you cannot change
Ensuring an Unforgettable First Impression
- The art of small talk … tips for conversing easily in unfamiliar settings or with new acquaintances
- The way to control conversation by listening instead of talking, and how master conversationalists use this fantastic technique!
- The 4-minute system: how to start off on the right foot every time, within just 4 minutes of meeting someone
- The subtle moves that draw people in … including eye contact, body language, and physical "aura"
- How to shake hands flawlessly (and avoid 3 common handshake blunders that can tarnish your image!)
- Name power! Step-by-step methods to remember and use people's names (and guarantee others won't forget you!)
Dealing with the Downside: Difficult People and Negative Solutions
- How to know whether to agree, disagree, or remain neutral when facing complaints: precise parameters for handling complainers diplomatically
- 7 approaches to avoid at all costs when you're faced with complaints
- When you're wrong … how to admit mistakes and errors without losing respect or reputation
- The secret to saying "no" … how to explain your reasons and preserve good relationships
- How to react to a personal attack or insult … without backing down or letting your self-esteem slip
- Specific tips for dealing with the most difficult office "ogres" — gossips, manipulators, sneaks, goof-offs, wallflowers, and more!
Communicating: A 2-Way Street
- Communication cues — how to recognize hidden verbal and nonverbal signals (in yourself as well as others!)
- How to direct the flow of communications — whether you want to move it up, coax it down, or get it across!
- Tips for untangling mixed signals: practical tactics to send (and receive!) crystal-clear communications
- How to maximize the "feedback loop" between you and your employees, peers, and managers
- Ways to use the principles of body language to multiply your communications effectiveness
- What you can do to survive (and learn from!) constructive and destructive criticism
- The power of silence … how to communicate while actually saying nothing!
Selling Yourself and Your Ideas
- How to "work a room" — and make dozens more meaningful contacts at conventions, meetings, seminars, and other professional gatherings
- 5 deadly "career stoppers" that can put the brakes on your goals and ambitions
- Support for your career aspirations: specific ways to build and enhance key professional relationships
- The basics of negotiation: how to hammer out agreements that make everyone feel like a winner
- Solid steps you can take now to promote more trust and loyalty at every level of your organization!
- Strategies for presenting your ideas so that you get credit without creating jealousy or resentment
- How to open closed doors by proposing new alternatives
Polishing Your Image: Etiquette Guidelines for Professionals
- The right way to introduce people in business situations … with on-the-mark tips for first names, titles, formal introductions, and more!
- How to sidestep 6 office manners-mishaps that can create resentment and ruin relationships
- Key etiquette differences between business functions and social functions … and how to tailor your behavior accordingly
- How to enhance your professional image (and make others feel great) with thoughtful correspondence
- The ABCs of business entertaining … including how to entertain others, and how to be a gracious guest
- How to conform to your company's policies and "unwritten" rules on giving and receiving gifts … without seeming cheap or ungrateful
- The etiquette of appointments: simple guidelines that ensure you're respectful of other people's time (and that others respect yours!)
- When you've said the wrong thing … how to recover from a verbal gaffe and mend fences quickly
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: