Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Breaking Bad Communication Habits Seminar Live or Webinar
Communication can make or break your career! Believe it or not, you're making a ton of communication mistakes right now. You can't afford to stay stuck in a rut, making the same communication mistakes over and over again. And that's exactly why you can't miss Breaking Bad Communication Habits. This one-day course is jam-packed with the strategies you need to identify and eliminate ingrained bad habits and start communicating more effectively right away! Keywords: webinar, webinars, virtual learning, online learning. Fee per person: $199
Leadership & Management
> Interpersonal Skills
Who Should Attend?
We Also Recommend:
Don’t let communication blunders and a lack of clarity hurt your career.
Communication can make or break your career!
Believe it or not, you’re making a ton of communication mistakes right now. You can’t afford to stay stuck in a rut, making the same communication mistakes over and over again. And that’s exactly why you can’t miss Breaking Bad Communication Habits.
This one-day course is jam-packed with the strategies you need to identify and eliminate ingrained bad habits and start communicating more effectively right away!
Has confusion or a lack of clarity ever put you in a bind? Stop these problems before they start. Have you ever found yourself having to go back again and again to clarify instructions? Or found that despite your best efforts people just don’t seem to understand what you’re driving at? You’re not alone.
That’s why we developed Breaking Bad Communication Habits. You’ll learn to avoid common blunders like:
- Using negative or passive language
- The pitfalls of vague or unclear language
- Passive-aggression and other problems with tone
- And much, much more!
You Can’t Afford Not to Attend This Seminar!
It’s a fact: Your bad communication habits are causing unnecessary stress and confusion in your life. Even if you consider yourself a good communicator, you’re probably committing some cardinal sins without even realizing it. And that’s why you need Breaking Bad Communication Habits. Sign up for this course right now – you can’t afford not to!
The Basics of Good Communication
- What is good communication? Why is it important?
- What makes a good communicator – shared traits among successful communicators
- Presenting a professional image in all your communications
- The importance of two-way dialogue and feedback
- Projecting confidence and assertiveness in all of your communications
Communication Mistakes Everyone Makes and How to Avoid Them
- The difference between just sending your message and communicating
- Credibility killers and how to avoid them
- Getting past the need to be right and avoiding passive-aggressiveness
- Neglecting common courtesy: how “please” and “thank you” can make a world of difference
- Chronic negativity and how to overcome it
Listening: An Often Overlooked Aspect of Communication
- Why you’re an inefficient listener – you’re not hearing as much as you think you are
- Active listening techniques to ensure you’re hearing what is actually being said
- Questions: what to ask to clarify an unclear message
- How to avoid spacing out when discussing uninteresting topics
- Identifying supporting elements and anticipating points and objections: real strategies to make you a better listener
Communication Clarity Killers
- Vague or unclear language – simple errors that can lead to huge headaches
- The dangers of using negative or passive language
- Failing to take your intended recipient’s perspective and point of view into consideration – a surefire recipe for misunderstanding
- Beating around the bush – strategies to help you deliver negative or unpopular messages with clarity
Email Communication: Sending the Right Message
- The secrets of successful email communication
- Tone in email messages – how to make sure you’re not being misinterpreted
- Subject lines are headlines: writing effective headers to grab and inform the reader
- Specifying the desired response: providing clarity to avoid questions later
- Formatting your email so that important points stand out
- Body language and its impact on your message
- Five common nonverbal mistakes everyone makes
- Keeping your emotions in check, even when you’re close to losing control
- Eye contact, posture, and other vital but often overlooked nonverbal communication elements
- Why signals are often misread and how to avoid misinterpretation
National Seminars Training is focused on meeting the ever-expanding continuing education needs of adult professionals in all industries and professions. Our sole mission is to provide the results-producing training you need, when and where you need it, and at a price that is cost-effective for you and your organization.
National Seminars Training is a d/b/a of The Continuing Education Center, Inc., a subsidiary of the Graceland College Center for Professional Development and Lifelong Learning, Inc. Graceland University, founded in 1895, is a private, four-year liberal arts university whose continuing education outreach is committed to providing high-quality opportunities for ongoing professional development. The Center has helped advance the careers of more than 10 million participants in business training seminars throughout the U.S. and around the world.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: