The ultimate HIPAA medical records training course! Everything you ever wanted to know about medical records but were afraid to ask. Including state-specific regulations and requirements!
Now that the HIPAA compliance deadline has passed, health care providers have been struggling to comply with the unique challenges this regulation brings. Forms and privacy notifications have become the norm in the health care industry. But is your practice covering all of its bases and ensuring that your patients' information is protected? Do you know how to properly handle requests for medical records? Are you aware of the penalties that could result if reasonable safeguards are not taken? Do you know how to deal with sensitive records regarding information on minors, AIDS, and mental health? Are your electronic billing practices secured?
Attend this one-day seminar and receive the answers to all these questions and more. Attendees will discuss the three major components to HIPAA compliance: privacy, security, and electronic transactions. You will be given a step-by-step guide to guarantee that your practice or facility is fully secure. Information pertaining to writing the required policies, procedure,s and consents will be discussed, as well as samples of all required forms. Attendees will leave this seminar armed with all the information needed to comply with the HIPAA regulations.
• Receive a compliance checklist, procedural forms, and training certificate
• Discuss the most current HIPAA requirements and criminal and civil penalties
• Review the HIPAA electronic transaction and code sets rule
• Identify the challenges and exceptions to confidentiality when dealing with records regarding AIDS, mental health, abortion, and minors
• Determine the best course of action when state and federal laws contradict one another
• Explain the most common mistakes made when using electronic billing
• Assess how you can simplify the process and take cost-effective security measures
• Outline Medicare and Medicaid fraud implications
• Examine mandatory medical records and billing—It is on the horizon! Be prepared.
• Discuss regulations regarding the 3 biggest issues in HIPAA: privacy, patient records access, and record retention
You Will Receive:
‣ Reference manual
‣ Copy of regulations (privacy and security)
‣ Audit HIPAA checklist
‣ Your state law handout
‣ Valid HIPAA authorization
‣ Valid business associate contract
‣ Valid privacy notice (in English and Spanish)
‣ HIPAA policy and procedural forms
‣ Government security matrix grid
‣ Certificate of training
• Health Information Management/Medical Records Managers
• Business Office Managers
• Billing Managers
• Medical Information Services Personnel/Management
• Department Heads
• Nurse Managers/Clinicians
• Nurse Practitioners
• Physician Assistants
• Dentists/Dental Assistants/Hygienists
• Privacy/Security Officers
• General Counsel Attorneys
• Respiratory Therapists
• All personnel involved with the storage and release/transfer of medical records in:
Vyne Education (formerly known as Cross Country Education) was formed to meet the needs of healthcare professionals with clinical, skill-based continuing education. Since 1995, we have been providing training and continuing education to more than a million professionals in the fields of physical and occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, behavioral health, nursing, long-term care, coding and billing, regulatory compliance, dentistry, health information, and healthcare administration. We are approved providers of continuing education with over 35 professional healthcare associations and work with numerous reputable national and state boards and associations. Our mission is to bring high quality education to the professional so he/she can provide better care and outcomes for their patients and clients.
In 2015, we became a non-profit organization and changed our name to Vyne Education, allowing us to better serve the growing healthcare community. We are dedicated to the educational growth, improvement, and skill development of students and professionals by providing learning opportunities nationwide; through more than 4,500 live educational events each year, over 1,200 hours of online learning courses, and an extensive catalog of educational products. Vyne Education continues to lead the way in providing quality continuing professional development for healthcare professionals.
Great speaker! He geared the presentation to meet the class' needs. Also made the subject very easy to understand.