The ultimate HIPAA medical records training course! Everything you ever wanted to know about medical records but were afraid to ask. Including state-specific regulations and requirements!
Now that the HIPAA compliance deadline has passed, health care providers have been struggling to comply with the unique challenges this regulation brings. Forms and privacy notifications have become the norm in the health care industry. But is your practice covering all of its bases and ensuring that your patients' information is protected? Do you know how to properly handle requests for medical records? Are you aware of the penalties that could result if reasonable safeguards are not taken? Do you know how to deal with sensitive records regarding information on minors, AIDS, and mental health? Are your electronic billing practices secured?
Attend this one-day seminar and receive the answers to all these questions and more. Attendees will discuss the three major components to HIPAA compliance: privacy, security, and electronic transactions. You will be given a step-by-step guide to guarantee that your practice or facility is fully secure. Information pertaining to writing the required policies, procedure,s and consents will be discussed, as well as samples of all required forms. Attendees will leave this seminar armed with all the information needed to comply with the HIPAA regulations.
• Receive a compliance checklist, procedural forms, and training certificate
• Discuss the most current HIPAA requirements and criminal and civil penalties
• Review the HIPAA electronic transaction and code sets rule
• Identify the challenges and exceptions to confidentiality when dealing with records regarding AIDS, mental health, abortion, and minors
• Determine the best course of action when state and federal laws contradict one another
• Explain the most common mistakes made when using electronic billing
• Assess how you can simplify the process and take cost-effective security measures
• Outline Medicare and Medicaid fraud implications
• Examine mandatory medical records and billing—It is on the horizon! Be prepared.
• Discuss regulations regarding the 3 biggest issues in HIPAA: privacy, patient records access, and record retention
You Will Receive:
‣ Reference manual
‣ Copy of regulations (privacy and security)
‣ Audit HIPAA checklist
‣ Your state law handout
‣ Valid HIPAA authorization
‣ Valid business associate contract
‣ Valid privacy notice (in English and Spanish)
‣ HIPAA policy and procedural forms
‣ Government security matrix grid
‣ Certificate of training
• Health Information Management/Medical Records Managers
• Business Office Managers
• Billing Managers
• Medical Information Services Personnel/Management
• Department Heads
• Nurse Managers/Clinicians
• Nurse Practitioners
• Physician Assistants
• Dentists/Dental Assistants/Hygienists
• Privacy/Security Officers
• General Counsel Attorneys
• Respiratory Therapists
• All personnel involved with the storage and release/transfer of medical records in:
Leading the Way in Professional Development.
Cross Country Education is a national leader in high-quality educational products and services for the entire health care industry. Our seminars and training programs are designed to help health care providers achieve improved performance and results in all areas of clinical, financial and operational management. Our faculty of more than 150 instructors are the "best of the best" in their field of expertise and know how to provide programs that really make a difference to participants.
Since 1995, we have trained over 1,000,000 providers, managers, nurses, behavioral health professionals and other key personnel throughout the entire healthcare industry. We produce over 5,000 seminars and conferences annually for the health care industry. Plus, we coordinate in-house training for health care facilities. Let us provide your training and professional education needs!
Our Mission Statement
“CCE exists to identify and provide opportunities for relevant continuing education in a timely and geographically friendly manner that will meet and exceed the needs and expectations of targeted professionals.”
Cancellations received at least five working days before the seminar are refundable less a $20 administrative charge per registrant. There is no refund for cancellations received later; however, a credit will be issued toward a future seminar or product order. Please note that if you register and do not attend, you are still liable for full payment. Substitutions may be made at any time. The expense of continuing education, when taken to maintain and improve professional skills, may be tax deductible. Please contact your accountant for complete details.
Great speaker! He geared the presentation to meet the class' needs. Also made the subject very easy to understand.