Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
How to Improve Employee Accountability
This seminar will help you learn to flex your managerial skills to get everyone to pull together and work side by side to achieve the organization's goals in the most efficient, productive way possible. And the best part: the company benefits because overall productivity and morale increases. Also, an accountable workforce basically manages itself! Imagine being freed up to focus on something other than day-to-day drudgery and disciplinary issues. Employees benefit because they are empowered and held accountable for their own success and that of the company as well. They will look forward to more challenges and increasing company profitability. Fee per person: $199; $189 each for five or more from the same company.
Fred Pryor Seminars
> Performance & Motivation
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors and managers ready for a new era of accountability in their office; Small and large business owners who rely on employees to help run their business; Aspiring and soon-to-be promoted supervisors; Non-profits and organizations.
No more blame games, "it's not my job" attitudes or finger-pointing. Managers will learn how to empower employees to take responsibility!
Help your employees experience the satisfaction of taking ownership, not just of their jobs, but of the organization as a whole. Establish a culture of accountability in which all employees, from the CEO to entry-level employees, accept responsibility for their own success and for their role in the success of the entire organization.
You've experienced the frustration and irritation of dealing with emotionally detached employees who are not invested in the organization's bottom line. These staffers show up at the last possible minute, do the bare minimum, and head home the second the clock hits quitting time. Next thing you know, the employees you wish you could clone - the core group that works hard and takes full responsibility for every decision - gets infected with the "negativity virus" and morale plummets.
Stop the negativity before it brings down productivity and morale!
This seminar will help you learn to flex your managerial skills to get everyone to pull together and work side by side to achieve the organization's goals in the most efficient, productive way possible. And the best part: the company benefits because overall productivity and morale increases. Also, an accountable workforce basically manages itself! Imagine being freed up to focus on something other than day-to-day drudgery and disciplinary issues. Employees benefit because they are empowered and held accountable for their own success and that of the company as well. They will look forward to more challenges and increasing company profitability.
Employee Accountability: Good for the Company; Good for You; Good for Employees
In this seminar, you will learn:
- The power of creating an accountable workforce: improve job satisfaction, boost morale, decrease turnover and increase productivity
- Identify what accountability means to your team, your department and your organization
- Establish a culture of accountability to enhance self-direction and engagement
- Be the change: Model accountability-accepting behavior and communication skills
- Break down barriers to a more purposeful and responsible workforce
- Communicate openly and honestly to build an atmosphere of trust and respect
- Let employees know exactly what is expected of them so they are more comfortable taking ownership
- And so much more!
Who should attend?
- Supervisors and managers ready for a new era of accountability in their office
- Small and large business owners who rely on employees to help run their business
- Aspiring and soon-to-be promoted supervisors who realize that employee accountability can bring real change to the office
- Non-profits and organizations that have big jobs but a small staff
An Organization of Accountability
- The differences between responsibility and accountability, and why they both matter.
- How accountability motivates us to do our best and leads us to greater satisfaction within our jobs and therefore, our lives.
- Tips for modeling this new culture that embraces accountability.
- How to create a sense of "we're all in this together." Techniques for aligning employee performance goals with the organizational mission and vision.
- Identify high-performance behavior: what it looks like, what it entails and how you want employees to emulate it.
- How to set accomplishable goals to encourage employee ownership.
- Tips for conveying clear and specific results and expectations.
- A constructive, blame-free method for holding people accountable.
Communicating in a Culture of Accountability
- Strategies for establishing a culture built on trust, mutual respect and personal responsibility.
- Why a collaborative leadership approach is the best path to accountability.
- The benefits of cross-training among departments and divisions: unearth hidden talents, eliminate redundancies and improve relationships.
- How social media can enhance communication among all employees and instill a sense of organizational relevance.
- How to help employees construct self-empowerment statements that focus on what they can do rather than what they can't.
Obstacles to Accountability
- Identify existing issues that are barriers to accountability.
- How to handle employees with unacceptable behavior, including finger-pointing, not taking responsibility for their mistakes and lacking in professional manners.
- Drop the guilt and quit worrying about other's feelings for holding them accountable.
- Tips for identifying and eliminating words and phrases that undermine accountability.
- Strategies for creating a cultural shift from "taking the blame" to "being accountable."
- Identify and plan for accountability issues before they wreak havoc.
- How to hold virtual/global/distributed workforces accountable.
- Develop strategies to keep employees on track.
- Document and share progress with employees to gain their commitment to continued accountability.
- Coach for engagement and ownership.
- Be honest in your own communication and behaviors.
- Remember, success breeds success: recognize and reward accountability.
- Why you must reward performance that goes beyond stated expectations.
- Techniques for evaluating employee satisfaction to avoid turnover.
- How involving employees in the hiring process saves you time, increases their commitment AND helps you hire the right people.
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: