Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
Conflict Management Workshop - One Day Seminar Live or Remote
Those who embrace conflict can build understanding and better relationships -- and experience greater personal and professional success. But managing conflict is not easy. In this workshop, you'll discover your own emotional triggers and learn how to manage difficult encounters with diplomacy, tact, and credibility. CEUs: .6. Fee per person: $1245, $1095 for AMA members.
*When registering by phone, use Priority Code: XNNT
AMA (American Management Association International)
Leadership & Management
> Change Management
Who Should Attend?
Professionals and managers who want to enhance their ability to deal with conflict situations productively
We Also Recommend:
Do you have the self-awareness, solid communication skills, and motivation to resolve uncomfortable situations?
Those who embrace conflict can build understanding and better relationships—and experience greater personal and professional success. But managing conflict is not easy. In this workshop, you'll discover your own emotional triggers and learn how to manage difficult encounters with diplomacy, tact, and credibility.
How You Will Benefit
- Build trust and credibility with colleagues and team members
- Leverage potential conflict situations as opportunities for critical conversations that enhance work relationships
- Gain confidence in holding difficult conversations calmly and assertively
- Manage conflict situations proactively
- Increase your effectiveness in managing conflict
- See an uptick in your overall performance
What You Will Cover
- Getting a handle on and gaining insights into your conflict management style through self-assessment (TKI®)
- Role playing to practice techniques and new skills in a safe environment
- Sharing of best practices for approaching conflict management
- Transferring your learning back to your work environment using job aids and other resources
Who Should Attend
Professionals and managers who want to enhance their ability to deal with conflict situations productively.
Developing Conflict Awareness
- Distinguish Between a Disagreement and a Conflict
- Identify the Signs of a Conflict
- Manage Your Emotional Reaction in a Conflict Situation
Modes of Conflict Management
- Choose the Appropriate Conflict Management Approach for Any Situation
- Understand Your Own Conflict Style
- Follow the A.E.I.O U. Model to Diffuse a Tense Situation
Responding to Conflict
- Communicate Assertively Without Eliciting Defensiveness from the Other Person
- Constructively Disagree with Others
Handling Difficult Conversations
- Select Appropriate Language to Express Your Ideas Clearly
- Plan for Difficult Conversations in a Way That Focuses on Achieving the Results You Desire
- Prepare for Potential Barriers During Difficult Conversations
- Effectively Execute a Difficult Conversation
Set Goals for Applying Your New Skills to Your Own Real-Life Situations
The American Management Association was founded in 1923. They have built a content control check into every one of their professional seminars. Plus a series of checks and balances to ensure that the content of every AMA seminar is precisely targeted to:
- provide comprehensive, hands-on training that is of practical use when you return to the job
- focus on need-to-know specifics, relevant to the demands of global business today
- offer the expertise and personalized attention of top-ranking instructors
- facilitate your career development and business savvy
Whether you're looking for a solid foundation of business fundamentals or strategies to help you seize growth opportunities for your company, AMA offers expert instruction to help you:
- manage your priorities effectively
- cultivate more productive working relationships
- increase your on-the-job value
- align your skills with marketplace demands
- bring out the best in people, processes and yourself
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy
For Classroom, Live Online, and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed—At AMA, we guarantee the quality of our seminars. In fact, 98% of our participants say they would recommend the course they have taken to their colleagues. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: