How Managers Become Great Leaders
PICK A DATE & SIGN UP
- SEE ALL 32 DATES »
- May 2 · EVANSVILLE, IN
- May 3 · BOWLING GREEN, KY
- May 4 · LEXINGTON, KY
- May 7 · BLOOMINGTON, IL
- May 8 · KOKOMO, IN
- May 8 · MERRILLVILLE, IN
- May 9 · OAK BROOK, IL
- May 9 · LAFAYETTE, IN
- May 10 · INDIANAPOLIS, IN
- May 10 · MILWAUKEE, WI
- Bring Seminar On-site
Develop forward-thinking leadership qualities to take you and your team to the next level!. In today's tight job market, organizations need more than basic business skills and technical expertise. They need leaders. Organizations want people who demonstrate big picture thinking, while understanding individuals and what it takes to get the team motivated. Attend this seminar and work to build on your skills and sharpen your leadership edge. Fee per person: $199; 189 each for five or more.
Fred Pryor Seminars
Leadership & Management
> Leadership Skills
Who Should Attend?
We Also Recommend:
Develop forward-thinking leadership qualities to take you and your team to the next level!
Excel in Your Career Now!
In today's tight job market, organizations need more than basic business skills and technical expertise. They need leaders. Organizations want people who demonstrate big picture thinking, while understanding individuals and what it takes to get the team motivated. Attend this seminar and work to build on your skills and sharpen your leadership edge.
Why Attend this Leadership Seminar?
Being a leader is a lofty goal - no doubt about it. What you need is a course that breaks down this admirable purpose into smaller, achievable responsibilities that you can realistically accomplish. This seminar does just that!
Who Should Attend
How Managers Become Great Leaders is not for everyone. If you prefer the easy to the difficult, have a been-there-done-that attitude or see no room for personal growth, this seminar will not be for you. Today's job market has interesting titles - manager, specialist, master, director, ambassador, authority, czar and chief - whatever your title is, if you want to make a difference for you, your staff and your organization - then this seminar is for YOU!
Plan on learning:
- The most common issues leaders are facing today - and how to handle them
- New techniques for engaging with people - and how to build a strong internal and external network
- A better understanding of stakeholder expectations - and how you can exceed them
- Strategies for making risk-taking pay off - and how to manage it, even when it doesn't work in your favor
- Core qualities to become a more effective and influential leader - and how to utilize your most powerful skills
- The opportunity that exists even in the most challenging situations - and how to add value to your organization, your team and the individuals
- - And so much more!
Overcoming Today's Common Leadership Issues
- Managing with limited resources: learn to get the most out of your team
- Overcoming "we already tried that, and it didn't work" or "this is the way we always do it" mentality
- How to show meaning in our work: everyone wants to make a difference, learn to show your team the value of their actions
- Leading through uncertainty: how your credibility can instill confidence and commitment in others
Assess Your Leadership Qualities
- Discover your leadership ability with practical and proven ways to determine your Leadership Quotient
- Determine your ability to successfully communicate and inspire others
- Uncover your leadership "sweet spot" and learn how to create natural followers
- Understand how to use the four stages of the Conscious Competence Model to continually increase the awareness level of yourself and your team
Grow Your Leadership Mindset
- Learn specific ways to strive for and achieve personal excellence as a leader
- Understand your team's expectations and the role character and integrity plays in leadership
- Learn what distinguishes the best leaders from the rest
- Understand how to use emotional intelligence to muster courage to become proficient at being empathetic and building successful relationships
- Effectively communicate strategic decisions to your team with confidence and clarity without second guessing
- Recognize the difference between managing and leading, efficiency and effectiveness; success and failure
Building Trust in Your Leadership Ability
- Build personal relationships through engaging conversation
- Proper explanation of goals, expectations and vision
- Be a true team player by productively contributing to the group
- Become more open-minded in order to learn and grow
- Perfect your listening skills and empathize with your team
- Be aware of what you are saying and say it well
- Capture the attention of an entire group to develop a strong rapport
- Spend the time constructing and encouraging a relationship that will prove successful in the long-run
Moving to the Next Level: Core Strategies of Leadership
- Take away effective ways to instill a positive, compelling vision within your team
- Tips, tools and techniques to recruit, attract and develop the best people
- Ensure you have robust communication within your team and across your organization to make certain it runs well
- Become competent in the skill of disciplined execution
- Create a strong and trusting bond by owning the voice of your customers
- Create an action plan to map out your success and set your career path for advancement
Coaching and Developing Your Team
- Learn delegation tips that help you save time, while developing your employees
- Improve your ability to communicate effectively with those who view your suggestions with skepticism
- Maximize your team: identify untapped talent and turn solid performers into superstars
- Learn to quickly recognize how much significance you have with various team members
- Implement a culture of teamwork with fundamental coaching skills
- Tips to help your team build and strengthen collaborative relationships
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: