Many events are available as webinars. Browse all webinars or use 'WB' in the city/state search.
How to Be the Manager Employees Want to Follow Live or Webinar
Take one day to boost your employee engagement, inspire loyalty, improve productivity and prevent your top talent from walking out the door. Are you a manager who lost some of your best talent? According to a recent, preliminary report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2.5 million American workers willingly left their positions. Why are so many employees willing to leave their employers? Are they leaving because of their managers? By improving your management and leadership style, you will be able to keep your top talent. Yes, you can change how they feel about YOU, the manager. Small things make a big difference in how employees feel about their manager. Discover how great managers take extra steps to ensure their work environments are open, trusting, innovative and productive. As a result, your employees will respond positively. Learn to deal with loss of enthusiasm on the job. Find out an acceptable approach to employee motivation. Determine what behaviors you should model for effective leadership and which techniques don't work. Keywords: webinar, webinars, on demand, virtual learning, virtual classes, online learning. Live Online Seminars earn CEU course credit only. Fee per person: $149; $139 each for five or more.
Fred Pryor Seminars
Leadership & Management
> Interpersonal Skills
Who Should Attend?
Take one day to boost your employee engagement, inspire loyalty, improve productivity and prevent your top talent from walking out the door.
Keep Top Talent
Are you a manager who lost some of your best talent? According to a recent, preliminary report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2.5 million American workers willingly left their positions. Why are so many employees willing to leave their employers? Are they leaving because of their managers? By improving your management and leadership style, you will be able to keep your top talent. Yes, you can change how they feel about YOU, the manager. Small things make a big difference in how employees feel about their manager.
What you will Learn
Discover how great managers take extra steps to ensure their work environments are open, trusting, innovative and productive. As a result, your employees will respond positively. Learn to deal with loss of enthusiasm on the job. Find out an acceptable approach to employee motivation. Determine what behaviors you should model for effective leadership and which techniques don't work.
Plus, this seminar will provide you with tools to:
- Deliver constructive support and encouragement, even when an employee fails to meet expectations
- Teach employees to learn from successes and failures and to embrace both
- Provide incentives for above-average performance efforts
- Recognize employees' contributions and efforts in ways they appreciate
- Offer sincere, helpful feedback in a timely manner
- Create a clear commitment to professional development
- Facilitate open discussions with employees about career growth opportunities
- Delegate meaningful work and significant responsibilities
- Practice progressive discipline to reduce negative attitudes and behaviors
- Build opportunities to empower employees with a sense of ownership by lessening approvals and checkpoints
- Position employees to solve problems on their own, using their best judgment
In this one-day seminar, you will:
- Recognize eye-opening management style tweaks you can make immediately
- Create a desire for achievement in your employees
- Define what employees need to stay on task with the goals you set
- Explore the art of effective delegation
- Identify your top performers for development
- Discover the secrets to attracting top talent to your projects
- Uncover the facts and eliminate the myths of employee motivation
- Learn to communicate the story of success
- Build a model for assessing employee skills
- And much more!
Assess Where You Are
- Discover your leadership style
- Refresh your enthusiasm for leading people
- Determine if you have been sending mixed signals to your workers
- Understand the primary reasons employees leave an organization
- Find out the two words that matter most to effective managers
Assessing Your Organization
- Discover whether or not your organization has what it takes to execute a working employee retention plan
- Uncover what excellent corporations do to motivate employees to do more
- Exchange ideas that promote collaboration in your organization
- Not just buzz words - make an action plan
- Understand the difference between an organizational approach and a manager's solution to things gone wrong
Promoting Employee Productivity
- Find out what questions to ask before you develop a policy aimed at motivating your staff
- Learn to communicate performance standards that are attainable for your employees
- Find out how to reward employees for performance and which award programs really work
- Find out how you can use the power of purpose to raise the bar in your workplace
- Be aware of what you are saying - and say it well
- Know when you need a new plan
Coaching and Developing Your Employees for Success
- Identify how "eligibility" and "suitability" work together to yield results
- Learn when an employee's "ability" is getting in the way
- Determine what to do about those that can, but won't
- Discover how to effectively coach for result the 4 most challenging performer types
- Address issues and barriers to poor performance and attitudes
Focus on Outcomes
- Discover which factors are the best indicators of success
- Accountability - learn to step in at the right time as coach
- Be confident when you've done all can do and need to let someone go
Since Fred Pryor pioneered the one-day seminar in 1970, Pryor has helped more than 11 million people reach their career goals by offering comprehensive, affordable and convenient business, compliance and safety training. What began with Fred's drive to make learning accessible, efficient and economical through the founding of Fred Pryor Seminars, expanded with the acquisition of CareerTrack and has continued to grow Pryor into an industry leader offering competitive training for every industry and sector through Pryor Learning Solutions.
Staying true to Fred's mission to deliver the best and most cost-efficient continuous learning experience across the U.S. and Canada continues with Pryor Learning Solutions' true blended learning approach that includes live and online learning options. With Pryor, attend seminars, schedule on-site training, or gain access to more than 40 years of curated content in a cloud-based learning environment that doesn't obligate special IT requirements, pricey budgets or complicated timelines. You're fully operational in as little as three days and only three clicks away from unlimited learning options for your entire team.
Begin with a single seminar, or seize the opportunity to expand training to your entire team through Pryor's customer-focused Corporate and Government learning programs. Depending upon the educational opportunities you select, learning partnerships with Pryor have the potential to include:
- Intuitive and complimentary cloud-based learning environment requiring no specialized IT install, cost or downtime included with all year-long learning plans. Guaranteed access to training in three days and three clicks. Or, if you already have an LMS platform, port our content to your existing LMS and receive live training opportunities as well.
- Access to more than 4,700 online courses, with new content added at no additional charge.
- Robust training categories and meticulously curated content ranging from accounting, communication, compliance and workplace safety to customer service, HR, IT, leadership, OSHA, project and time management and more.
- Blended training options for any learning preference with in-person seminars, online quizzes, videos, webinars, and e-books.
- Dedicated client support for all with corporate and government accounts receiving weekly progress reports, customized curriculum mapping and marketing collateral for employee roll-out and the launch of special learning initiatives.*
- Advanced administration features like single-click reporting, assignable training, employee tracking and real-time goal measurement.*
- The opportunity to schedule on-site training solutions for just-in-time learning needs, or to ensure compliance and safety reporting to minimize workplace liability.
- Continuing education credits for CEU, CPE, HRCI, PDC, PDU.
- Accessible learning across a multitude of supported mobile devices.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar you may (1) send a substitute from your organization or (2) transfer your registration fee within 12 months to another seminar or conference of your choice. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: