Creative Leadership and Managing an Innovative Team
Efficiency and quality have been the hallmarks of the business world for decades. But as that world speeds up, stretches boundaries and demands new solutions, you need a work environment that's ready -- a place where innovation is encouraged and rewarded -- where you and your team can adapt quickly to sudden change and grab opportunities. A new kind of leader is taking center stage. And this unique workshop full of fresh, new ideas will broaden your thinking and build your ability to draw creativity from employees. It will teach you how to get workers to consider the possibilities...to invent new ways...to share information...to problem solve...to fearlessly innovate. Fee per person: $199; $149 each for four or more.
Leadership & Management
> Leadership Skills
Who Should Attend?
We Also Recommend:
In Creative Leadership and Managing an Innovative Team, you’ll learn …
- Exploring creative thinking … and developing your role as a catalyst
- How to set up the best work environment—one that’s innovation-friendly
- Getting the great minds on your team to work well together to find solutions
- Implementing new ideas, getting feedback and keeping creative momentum going
- And much more!
Efficiency and quality have been the hallmarks of the business world for decades. But as that world speeds up, stretches boundaries and demands new solutions, you need a work environment that’s ready—a place where innovation is encouraged and rewarded—where you and your team can adapt quickly to sudden change and grab opportunities.
A new kind of leader is taking center stage. And this unique workshop full of fresh, new ideas will broaden your thinking and build your ability to draw creativity from employees. It will teach you how to get workers to consider the possibilities … to invent new ways … to share information … to problem solve … to fearlessly innovate.
Program hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Mental Mobility Begins With You…the Boss
- What creative thinking really is and why it’s growing in importance
- Understand the characteristics of creative thinkers…and assess your natural thinking style and how it affects your decisions
- Learn to steer clear of traditional problem-solving techniques to identify the real problem
- Use “creative flexibility” tools to help you adapt quickly to change
- Discuss the role of responsible risk taking
- Bad thinking habits that could be keeping you from finding the best, most creative solutions
- Exercises to pump up your creative muscles and get ideas flowing
- How approaching problems from a fresh perspective helps find fresh solutions
- Transform your knowledge: Adapt what you already know to new situations
Create a Work Environment Where Innovation Thrives
- You are the catalyst—turning staffers into original thinkers … and thinkers into problem solvers
- An eye-opening quiz to assess how positive your work environment is
- Ignite passion by infusing every job with a sense of purpose and excitement
- Shake up entrenched processes with a fresh “What if?” perspective
- How to raise the bar—and inspire workers to meet higher expectations
- How to communicate to build trust and welcome creativity
- Help employees feel heard by facilitating the flow of information upward and downward
- The keys to positively reinforcing “outside-the-box” thinking
- End the BIG TWO idea killers: Bad attitudes and “can’t-do” thinking
- How to give criticism that builds people up—a cornerstone of effective leadership
The Team—Get Individuals to Pull Together, Share Ideas and Find Solutions
- Establishing work groups that tap the unique talents and experience of each individual
- The latest techniques to get ideas flowing on your team
- Strategies used by some of the world’s most innovative companies to brainstorm and stay ahead of change
- How to build loyalty between co-workers by encouraging trust and respect
- Turn “your” into “our” to drive home a collective sense of responsibility
- Managing work horizontally and other best practices that emphasize collaboration
- Conflict: How to manage and embrace this natural outcome of a well-functioning team
- Fun team activities to foster collaboration and creativity
Keep Creative Momentum Going and Greet Change Head-On
- How to move ideas from the drawing board to successful implementation
- How to ask for and use feedback to fine-tune your options
- How to pick yourself and your team back up after a mistake or failure
- How best to intervene when teams stop working together
- Tips for recognizing and relieving workers headed for burnout
- Stress inhibits creativity: Learn how to turn it into creative tension
- Overcome resistance to change … and sell your ideas
- Sharing the spotlight with employees to encourage professional development
- The right way to say ”no“ to an employee’s idea without shutting down future suggestions
SkillPath's seminars, videos, books and software packages offer expert guidance on everything from how to get the most from the latest version of your favorite computer programs to how to manage people, time, projects or priorities and just about everything in between. At current count, SkillPath's curriculum includes more than 60 different seminar topics and nearly 200 book, audio and video titles.
SKILLPATH GUARANTEES RESULTS If you're not happy, SkillPath is not happy. Go back to work and apply the new techniques you learned in any of SkillPath's seminars. If you're not absolutely delighted with the results you achieve, write to them right away. They will issue you a refund or arrange for you to attend another SkillPath seminar without paying another penny. That's the SkillPath Guarantee!
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received up to five business days before the workshop are refundable, minus a registration service charge, which you may apply toward any future workshop. After that, cancellations are subject to the entire workshop fee, which you may also apply toward a future workshop. Please note that if you don’t cancel and don’t attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.