Detox Your Workplace
PICK A DATE & SIGN UP
- Oct 23 · DALLAS, TX
- Oct 24 · HOUSTON, TX
- Oct 25 · SALT LAKE CITY, UT
- Oct 26 · DENVER, CO
- Oct 27 · ALBUQUERQUE, NM
- Nov 16 · COLUMBIA, SC
- Nov 17 · ANNAPOLIS, MD
- Nov 20 · HOUSTON, TX
- Nov 21 · DALLAS, TX
- Nov 27 · TULSA, OK
- Bring Seminar On-site
We can't make negative and toxic employees disappear from your life -- but we can promise that you'll know how to deal with them more effectively. Imagine, after just one amazing day...no more sleepless nights spent recounting the day's ugly adventures...and no more commutes to work dreading the day ahead. You'll develop a more positive management approach and a whole new outlook for your difficult employees the very next day back at work! If negativity is draining your enthusiasm and affecting your team's performance -- and difficult people are making work miserable -- you NEED this training NOW! Left unchecked, toxic behavior can infect your whole team or company and cause productivity to plummet. But when you attend Detox Your Workplace, you'll learn how to neutralize negativity and tame others' destructive behavior for good! This seminar is jam-packed with the practical techniques you need to stop misbehaving people from wreaking havoc in your workplace and in your personal life. Don't miss out on this fun, informative -- and freeing -- experience! We promise you' ll leave this event refreshed, invigorated and empowered to deal effectively with even the most negative and toxic people. Register today! Fee per person: $149; $139 each for four or more.
> Employee Problems
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, employers, HR professionals, business owners
You’ll learn …
- Confidently stand your ground with bullies, backstabbers and other would-be toxic saboteurs
- Turn chronic complainers into cooperative team members
- Keep your composure … even when the most obnoxious person is trying to push your buttons!
- Use persuasion techniques that work miracles with people whose favorite word is “No!”
- Create stronger work relationships with people you might not like, but you have to work with
- Practice subtle but powerful methods to keep an employee’s attitude problem from becoming your problem
Put an end to the frustration and aggravation of negative people dragging you down … and get ready to feel good about coming to work again!
We can’t make negative and toxic employees disappear from your life—but we can promise that you’ll know how to deal with them more effectively. Imagine, after just one amazing day … no more sleepless nights spent recounting the day’s ugly adventures … and no more commutes to work dreading the day ahead. You’ll develop a more positive management approach and a whole new outlook for your difficult employees the very next day back at work!
If negativity is draining your enthusiasm and affecting your team’s performance—and difficult people are making work miserable—you NEED this training NOW!
Left unchecked, toxic behavior can infect your whole team or company and cause productivity to plummet. But when you attend Detox Your Workplace, you’ll learn how to neutralize negativity and tame others’ destructive behavior for good! This seminar is jam-packed with the practical techniques you need to stop misbehaving people from wreaking havoc in your workplace and in your personal life.
Don’t miss out on this fun, informative—and freeing—experience! We promise you’ll leave this event refreshed, invigorated and empowered to deal effectively with even the most negative and toxic people. Register today!
Program hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Understand toxic and negative behavior in the workplace
- Understand the forces that drive difficult people to be difficult
- Identify the most common types of negative people and why they act the way they do
- Why it’s critical that you stop and ask yourself, “Could I be part of the problem?”
- Know the consequences of not dealing with unacceptable behavior
- Learn secrets to forging positive relationships with anyone … really, anyone!
- Identify passive-aggressive behavior for what it is—not what it pretends to be
How to address and coach those negative attitudes
- Analyze an employee’s negative or toxic behavior to determine your best response
- Active listening skills can help you find the real issue behind the stated problem
- 5 dangerous myths about communicating with negative and toxic people
- Persuasion strategies that work miracles with people who always say “no”
- “What to say when” phrases that work wonders when you’re trapped in tough conversations with toxic employees
- Plan your message around a desired goal and express it so you’ll be understood
- Know the classic weapons negative and toxic people use and how to counteract them
Effectively manage the most common difficult personalities and people
- Control your emotions: Don’t answer passive-aggression with aggression
- Communication techniques that eliminate the “I didn’t know” wiggle room
- Confront toxic and negative attitudes and behaviors in a way that clearly communicates expectations and consequences
- Learn 7 proactive keys to conquer even the strongest resistance in others
- Know-it-alls, naysayers, credit-grabbers, pouters, backstabbers, manipulators: How to match your management style to any type of toxic employee
- How to use humor to shine light on toxic, sneaky conduct
- Allow for honesty: Make sure employees aren’t behaving in a passive-aggressive manner out of fear about voicing concern
- Know the difference between “can’t do” and “won’t do”
Maintain control in emotionally charged situations
- Resolve conflict quickly using the ACE method
- 3 questions to ask yourself that will help you stay clearheaded during a confrontation
- Know how to defuse an angry person so the situation doesn’t escalate
- Stay cool in any crisis—even if you’re feeling anything but cool inside!
- Learn to keep your expectations about change realistic
Sound discipline strategies that curb unwanted behavior
- The 2 most important questions to ask when confronting a negative attitude or toxic behavior
- How to ensure you have all the facts before you decide discipline is needed
- Specific situations that require management intervention and disciplinary action
- What to do when an employee’s toxic behavior extends to social media or outside the organization: Know your rights and limitations
- 10 steps to constructive criticism that’s powerful—and positive
- What to do if an employee becomes overly defensive or angry
- What to do when toxic behavior continues after you’ve put the employee on notice
- The secret to disciplining without causing resentment
- The key points to building airtight documentation
Create a positive, energized work environment: Your role as manager
- How to correct a work environment that breeds negative attitudes and toxic behaviors
- How to build the trust and cooperation of naysayers and cynics
- Find out the #1 thing employees want from their supervisors and your secret weapon for creating a positive environment
- Learn why your attitude directly affects the attitude of everyone on your team
- Tips to make the blame game unacceptable to your organization
- Improve overall morale with pointers to build team enthusiasm
- How to overcome a culture of CYA and finger-pointing
SkillPath's seminars, videos, books and software packages offer expert guidance on everything from how to get the most from the latest version of your favorite computer programs to how to manage people, time, projects or priorities and just about everything in between. At current count, SkillPath's curriculum includes more than 60 different seminar topics and nearly 200 book, audio and video titles.
SKILLPATH GUARANTEES RESULTS If you're not happy, SkillPath is not happy. Go back to work and apply the new techniques you learned in any of SkillPath's seminars. If you're not absolutely delighted with the results you achieve, write to them right away. They will issue you a refund or arrange for you to attend another SkillPath seminar without paying another penny. That's the SkillPath Guarantee!
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received up to five business days before the workshop are refundable, minus a registration service charge, which you may apply toward any future workshop. After that, cancellations are subject to the entire workshop fee, which you may also apply toward a future workshop. Please note that if you don’t cancel and don’t attend, you are still responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time.
This seminar has
upcoming dates & cities. To quickly return to this seminar later, you can search by its QuickCode: